Replace default new tab page in Chrome with realtime audio visualizer.
This extension replaces the vanilla New Tab screen with very simple audio visualizations. The visualization is generated from the audio captured through the microphone or whichever audio source is selected the first time New Tab loads. Its easy to choose between the three visualizations that are part of the extension or simply turn them off if it becomes too much. For those who love to watch things moving with their music, they are going to love it.
- (2019-02-13) Kasisnu Singh: One click install and it just works.
- (2019-01-21) David Infortunio: It shows the relative noise level but but it does not show the frequencies or give a decibel value. Not very useful.
- (2018-10-10) This almost works great. I'm trying to use it with my line input (headphone/microphone jack). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (stays on built-in microphone input rather than line in). I've tried lots of things but it doesn't consistently work (turning extension off/on, closing and re-opening chrome, restarting the computer entirely, and plugging in the audio cable at various points between these actions). I've yet to find the precise order required for the extension to recognize the the line-in as the audio source. But sometimes, it randomly works. Can you let me know the most consistent way to make the line-in work, or add an input source selector.
- (2017-04-22) Joseph Liu: Doesn't work
- (2017-04-01) Jack G: Doesn't Work
- (2017-03-26) MrGigigigia: looks promising. keep it up!
- (2017-03-25) Yash Mehrotra: Fun to play with