View invisible table outlines as gridlines
Similar to the "View gridlines" functionality in Microsoft Word, this extension allows you to view faint dashed borders on invisible tables (i.e. tables with border of width 0). Those gridlines will not be printed and visible to others, and can be deactivated via a toggle in the extension's menu in the Chrome menu.
- (2021-05-04) Dave Smith: Awww Yeahhh!
- (2021-01-05) Tamara Amery: So helpful! I kept accidently printing the borders, doh!
- (2020-08-28) Kevin Lowe: Perfect. I use a lot of tables to format my documents. This extension makes life so much easier.
- (2020-06-30) Tom Gibson: It works perfectly. I love this. Makes border-less tables in Google Docs workable. Just remember to toggle off the feature when printing because the grid lines will print. Thank you to the developer!
- (2020-02-06) Brian Dodge: Finally someone added this functionality, about time! Clean, simple and has improved my productivity!
- (2020-02-04) Patrick Legault: Simple yet powerful extension for increased productivity!
- (2021-02-25, v:0.2) Felix Media: Not working for me - what can I do?
Using the extension on macbook air on chrome browser. Have successfully pinned to tool bar and can see that it is "on" (green tick). The grid lines are still not showing up. I've tried toggling the button, I've tried restarting chrome, I've tried using a new table.
- (2020-08-27, v:0.2) Ava Berzinsky: Help viewing gridlines?
I downloaded the plug in but can you explain how to get the gridlines to actually show up?