Create timmers using placeholders. ie <<0:00+>>, <<5:00->>, <<time>>
Slides Timer is an extension which will automatically bring timers to life in presented slides. Times placed between << and >> will be replaced with a timer. Use - as the last character to count down from the specified time. Use + to count up from the specified time. use <<time>> to display the current time. Example: <<5:00->> will count down starting at 5 minutes. <<2:00+>> will count up starting at 2 minutes <<time>> will display the current time in AMPM format This addon does not handle user data.
- (2021-03-16) V C: Need more customization, like remove the seconds and add a blinking colon divider between hours and minutes.
- (2021-02-01) Peter Thrun: Worked perfectly, would be helpful to have some installation instructions as it took a bit to figure out how simple it is to use.
- (2021-01-05) Juan Lopez: Now it works, thanks for fixing up!
- (2020-12-17) Techquity Education: I just tried it and it's working again! Good stuff! Good stuff! I have embedded the timer into my Bitmoji classroom and it super clean! Super clean!
- (2020-10-05) Kat Mannel: Great for a (virtual) classroom! Make sure you edit the extension permission in the extensions manager tab, or it won't work.
- (2020-09-27) Pam Burke: I was excited to use this extension, but it does not work.
- (2020-09-22) Katrina Hill: I used it for just about everything and then it stopped working on us. Such a shame for it was very helpful with productivity. Best to you in hopes you can repair or replace this extension
- (2020-09-22) Никита Бондарь: It didn't work Please, update it
- (2020-09-22) Emily Carmichael: This extension does not work at all. The site claims it's compatible with my device. I tried installing it repeatedly. The icon NEVER shows, so apparently it's never available. This was a huge waste of planning time.
- (2020-09-13) Brandon Daiker: Works great and when Google made some changes that broke it the dev immediately jumped into the comments and said they'd work on fixing it over the weekend. Great support for a free extension.
- (2020-09-10) Stephanie Pappas: This worked for a day and then stopped working
- (2020-08-24) Lauren Montgomery: Didn't work
- (2020-08-23) Dionne Liberia: It didn't work.
- (2020-08-17) Stephen Anderson: So simple and cool! I was looking for a countdown timer for Google Slides, and this is perfect. You can use any font, bold, etc. Most other solutions I found when searching for this involved embedding and muting a YouTube video into the presentation. This works much better and is much more versatile. The count up and current time features are added bonuses. I'm sure I can find good opportunities to use them going forward.
- (2020-07-14) Ammar Merhbi: Amazing! However, when I try a "presenter view" and the slide shows in the browser and not as full screen, it does not work.
- (2020-10-05, v:1.12) Justyna Kaletka: The extension did not work
Hi! I was looking for a timer functionality that I could use for google slides, however your extension didn't work for me. I added <<2:00+>> and <<3:00->> in the slide, but nothing happened in the presenter mode. I enabled the extension to access docs.google.com. Thanks for your help. Justyna
- (2020-09-22, v:1.11) Brandon Daiker: Timers broken again as of 9/21
Looks like after being fixed up the timers are now not working again--only the active slide when you click "present" actually times down. Many thanks for your support.
- (2020-09-21, v:1.10) Jason Escamilla: 09/20 Update - Is Not Working Properly
Hi I love your timer and use it in my classes. I have 3 slides with different timers to time 3 different activities and it worked perfectly all last week. However, today after noticing the 09/20 update, the timer only counts down on the slide that is selected when I click "PRESENT"- when I go to the next slide it does NOT proceed to count down despite the timer text being present. Please repair :/ Thank you! -Jason Escamilla ([email protected])
- (2020-09-15, v:1.9) Rodney Thomas: Help
Thank you for your work on this extension. It works for me on my Windows laptop (for work) in Chrome but it is not working on my Chromebook.
- (2020-09-10, v:1.7) Clay Boutilier: Timer has stopped working
The timer you provided has worked well an I am thankful for your creation of it, but it has stopped working in the past two days. I understand that if you are are busy, but I would be grateful if you could look at the problem. Thank you.
- (2020-09-10, v:1.7) Kendra Ring: Timer suddenly not working
Timer has suddenly stopped working. Maybe this is related to an update?
- (2020-09-10, v:1.7) Brandon Daiker: Timers no longer working after update?
Timers seem to have broken as of this morning. I use these in my classroom and noticed that suddenly they don't work anymore today.
- (2020-08-24, v:1.7) Lauren Montgomery: Didn't work
It never worked for me. I tried all the suggestions listed in the comments already.
- (2020-08-21, v:1.7) Siti Khadijah Korai: Prview mode in Google Slides
Hi there, so i added your extension to chrome. When i try it out in Present mode, your tags are working fine. But when i tried it out in preview mode (just one slide for my digital escape room), you tag didnt work.. May i know if there any additional steps i need to do in order to make it work in preview mode?
- (2020-07-21, v:1.7) Gustavo Rios: Administrator blocked
I tried to download the slides timer, but appears a message "Administrator blocked", how can I solve this issue? Thanks
- (2020-07-04, v:1.7) Justice: Not working
I placed the << and >> correctly and followed all the suggestions but nothing happens
- (2020-05-31, v:1.7) William Cameron: Thanks
THANK YOU!!! Saved me lots of "time" Works from new slides only with placeholder text visiable. Not from new text boxes. Not bigger just copy over, Thanks again.
- (2020-04-23, v:1.7) Nuphar Yassour: Continue timer when move to next slide
How can i have the timer continue when i move to the next slide?
- (2020-04-21, v:1.7) Casey McGaw: Display when using Presenter View
Hi there - will this work when you use presenter view or is it just when you present full screen with no notes?
- (2020-03-11, v:1.7) NICOLE COVINGTON: Not working
When I place the correct items in the brackets, it does not work.