Improved subscription list for Ao3
If you, too, love to use Archive of Our Own often, you may have accumulated quite a few fanfic subscriptions. If so, you might also have found, Ao3's subscription page to be pretty unhelpful past a certain point. Well, this extension is here to help. Extension of Our Own will add several83 improvements to Ao3's subscription page: ・ Jump directly to the most recent chapter of a subscription, instead of the first one. ・ Filter based on Ongoing/Complete status. ・ Sort based on Title, Author, Fandom or Last Updated. ・ See fandom, chapter count and when a subscription was last updated. ・ Easily tell which subscriptions are also bookmarked. I hope to continue improving Eo3 throughout the beta and add additional features in the future.
- (2021-12-31) yeet: It's currently only loading the first four subscriptions in the new format and the rest aren't. The format is great but it's not working properly.
- (2021-05-25) Alex Elder: I tried to use it, but it was slow and I couldn't work with the formatting. Disabling the extension has messed with my ability to subscribe to works, as well as load my subscriptions page.
- (2021-04-07) Rachel Galang: This extension needs to rate limit its server requests. It's making too many -- within a few minutes of using it, every attempt to access AO3 gave me a "Retry later" message, which is a message they put out if you're hammering their server with too many hits. Also, this extension doesn't mesh well with AO3's dark theme.
- (2021-03-13) Splootdoot ༆: Worked well for the first minute then it broke my Ao3. Basically just crashed it and I had to uninstall the extension and restart my laptop.
- (2021-02-28) 0x0xmayx0x0: I love the idea of this, but unfortunately it doesnt work for me, it just sends me to a blank page saying 'retry later' on all pages on AO3 not just my subscriptions page. I hope this gets sorted out as this extension would be really handy.
- (2021-02-20) Fernando Fuentes Martins: This is a great improvement from the original subscription, but I have problems that once I click on my subscription board, I can not access the fics for 5 minutes. As it the page is having an error on the loading. It would be great if it had a filter system similar to th ebookmark tab, if we could filter the fics via tags.
- (2020-10-16) Stormi Harris: makes it soooo much easier to search around for specific subs
- (2020-10-11) Guilherme Castilhos: Thank you so much for this, it helped me a lot with finding a story lost in my subscriptions. I don't know why AO3 doesn't have this in the actual website.
- (2020-09-23) Olivia Sellman: Sadly this no longer works. Whenever I load my subs page, ao3's traffic control immediately boots me to the dreaded "retry later" screen. Alas, no dice.
- (2020-03-07) Megan: Extremely helpful. I'm able to see really important things like when it was last updated (useful to see if the author is still going on it or not, etc) and just all around makes it easier to differentiate authors from works and stuff. I don't have to go back and forth anymore! I didn't realize how bad the page was before until I saw what it COULD be. Thank you!
- (2020-02-04) DeathByBunnies: Was excellent for a long time, but has been completely broken for a few months. It breaks the page and the links, and makes Chrome lag out. I'd be delighted to see it fixed, but for now - stay away!
- (2019-09-23) Katie Willems: Brilliant! Great idea. Great execution. Great for organising and decluttering and feeling on top of things. Doesn't colour-match to my site skin (only change is bright white background to an easier-on-the-eyes rgb(167,154,113)), but that's okay.
- (2019-08-24) Sarah Lafferty: Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
- (2018-07-10) Baadal Bhojak: This is much better than the default subscription list that AO3 provides. Thanks!
- (2016-12-17) Nor: This extension has saved the absolute mess that is my subscriptions list. Thanks for making this!
- (2016-11-27) Arthany Romanique: Truly great! It seriously is very helpful to keep an eye on your subscriptions. Nicely done ;)
- (2016-10-03) Mili C: Very helpful and simple!
- (2022-01-13, v:0.1.4) Keval Ashara: retry later
Hey so i keep getting the retry later error for the subscription page as it is making too many requests to the server. Is there going to be any fix for this or is the extension deprecated at this point? Either or, thanks for making this.
- (2021-01-08, v:0.1.4) Darksinokaru: Random History Population
I'm having an issue where I'm getting random history generation on ao3, and after various tests I'm very certain it's this extension. I don't know how many people pay attention to their history, but at first I thought a bot had managed to hack my account or something so I kept changing my password until I figured out it was an extension. It stopped when I uninstalled it, and after four days of nothing happening I installed it again and within a few hours I had the random history hits again. I'm hoping that perhaps you could fix this issue? I love using the extension and I've come to rely on it for seeing what story I'm subscribed to has been updated rather than going to email, but I don't want to use it if it keeps adding random history and even inflating story hits through whatever its doing to cause the history generation. Thank you for your time, and I hope maybe in the future it will be fixed?
- (2020-11-17, v:0.1.4) Pau P: About the extension features
Will this be updated to add sorting and that stuff for the history part of AO3? Because I need that...desperately... No pressure, but uh please?
- (2020-11-10, v:0.1.4) AM Tellez: No longer works
- Very laggy - If you open anything while it's on Ao3 give a retry error - No longer consistently shows fandom/last update/completed status/number of ch. etc - In those columns it gets stuck showing loading or just shows nothing
- (2020-09-12, v:0.1.4) Gabriela Aleksandrova: "Retry Later" error.
The extension worked normally, albeit slowly up to a few months ago. Now, every time I try to do anything like sort by Last Updated or Fandom the "Retry Later" error blocks all pages I have opened on Ao3 when I reload them. I read that you're working on the problem, but I thought it best to contact you just in case.
- (2020-08-14, v:0.1.4) greeneggsandhammi: Didn't work then stopped access to site
On the first load I was able to see some information and sort the fics; afterwards it never properly loaded the information such as the specific date last updated or the number of chapters. After I tried to reload the page it said this site was not available right now and i had to not only turn off the extension but also remove it. Too bad, I would have loved this extension
- (2020-07-21, v:0.1.4) Cyrianu of the OTPS ElsAnna: Page load issues
Hello, I just tried this Extension and it seemed to work for one load of the Subscriptions page (albeit very slowly and with many items coming up as undefined - additionally the number of existing chapters was blank for all listed works), but after that I just kept getting Retry Later messages from the site even on other pages (to the point it did the same in a different browser on a different device where the extension wasn't installed). I ended up uninstalling it which is horribly unfortunate because the Last Updated (and sort by same) is the biggest feature missing from Ao3 without bookmarking every single fic you've subscribed to (this was the recommendation Ao3 support gave me for this type of functionality). One thing I would suggest is to remove the forced "allowed pages" so that the user can set it to only automatically access their subscriptions page rather than the entire site (if that would still allow the extension to function).
- (2020-06-21, v:0.1.4) CuteAsAMuntin: Subscription Page & Links Bugging
First of all, I want to say that I absolutely love this extension!!! It does all the things that people have been dying for AO3 subscriptions to do for literally years. I appreciate all the work you've put into it! My problem is that the extension does seem to take a LONG time to buffer my subs page, doesn't always load everything or respond to clicks/commands, links won't work, and it seems to be somewhat interfering with AO3 loading outside the subs page (although the latter could certainly just be a me problem). I really love this extension, and I'd love to be able to re-add it to my Chrome so I can look through my subscriptions properly!
- (2020-05-26, v:0.1.4) Ariel Medoff: Breaks AO3 Links
I've tried this a couple times in case it was just the WiFi I was using at first but whenever I use this, it lets me access my subscriptions but all other AO3 pages break and just say "Retry Later".
- (2020-04-15, v:0.1.4) EretThePangolin: Problems Loading
When I first open my subscription list, it is a little slow, causing scrolling to be slower, for example. This isn't too big a deal to me as it's still mostly usable but when I try to sort or filter anything, the page completely freezes up and leaves me with the error message "retry later". I've had this extension for quite a while and I find it really useful so I hope you'll be able to figure something out to fix it.
- (2019-11-22, v:0.1.4) Em F: Problems with subscription page
Hello! I've been using your great app for a long time without problems, but for the last week or so, I have being having issues with the subscription page. It doesn't fully load all the subscribed fics, and has sections like fandom and chapter length left as 'undefined'.
- (2019-09-05, v:0.1.4) Danielle Acheampong: Future potential
This is great. Just downloaded and already enjoying. Any chance in the future this feature or similar could expand to the history as well as subscriptions? I'd love to be able to sort through things I have read, but not necessarily subscribed to. Thanks
- (2019-07-22, v:0.1.4) Karen Yip: If possible: a place to note stuff down?
Hello! I just installed this extension today, and I was wondering if we could also input what chapter we last read. I love that it lists how many chapters there are in the fic and when it was last updated, but if possible, and considering how there must be at least one other who doesn't always catch up with fics when they're constantly being updated—the ability to track where we left off on (like being able to type notes in the bookmarks, but for the subscriptions—if that isn't too much trouble).
- (2018-08-10, v:0.1.4) Hello!
First of all, thank you again for this extension, i use it every day and it's great. But some time ago (about a week maybe) problem similar to my previous one appeared. Some of the works don't get, i guess, analyzed anymore, hey remain at the end of the page without update data about them. Thank you in advance.
- (2018-01-31, v:0.1.4) Subscriptions won't fully load
The subscriptions won't stop buffering, even if I leave the tab for a while, there's no change when I come back.
- (2017-08-24, v:0.1.3) //
https://i.imgur.com/rvSd5yI.png Let me know if you need more detailed pic, i thought i'll show you a full page, so the general problem is seen, but it's kinda hard to see the details. Could it be that i have too many subscriptions maybe?)
- (2017-08-23, v:0.1.3) Hello again :)
I do actually still have this exact problem. I could send a screenshot of what i mean if it'll help. Ten of the subscription are showing as they suppose to, but others don't. And they are not the same every time, they alternates. Thank you for working on this!
- (2017-06-12, v:0.1.1) ??
Hello! Sometime last mounth the extention started showing last update info on only some (about 7) works/autors on the subscription page and not the rest of them. Was it intentional? If it was - how does it work, on what principal (like newest update or smth) Thank you in advance.
- (2016-11-20, v:0.0.95) Arthany Romanique: Null visibility of Subscription List on Reversi Theme
Hey there! I've just installed it and let me tell you that I fell in love instantly. However, there are some issues specifically regarding visibility on Reversi theme, which one that I usually use as default in my account due to visibility itself, battery saving and to avoid some eye-strain, I suspect I may not be the only one who could potentially have it, so I came here to tell you. There is no actual contrast in the cells of the list. The text appears black onto dark grey background, and due to that becomes imposible to read the information text in them. What would be perfect is that the text on the list appeared in the same color as the default text of the page, instead of black, and that the highlights that activate when hovering over the cells change to a negative version instead of a lighter highlight. Or a solution along those lines. I think it's amazing what you have done here. Please keep going, there is a serious lack of Ao3 extensions in the Chrome Store, so I can´t even tell you how glad I am with your addition. Keep being amazing ;) Thank you!