A schedulable and customizable dark theme for facebook.com and messenger.com
This extension provides a native dark theme for both facebook.com and messenger.com. It applies the native coloring by altering the original colors to bring a dark appearance. This theme is customizable from the options page. Also, the user can inject custom CSS styles into these websites to improve the styling and make it more personalized. You can turn the dark theme on and off from the toolbar button (action button). Also, it is possible to set a schedule (e.g., night-time duration only) to automatically turn the extension on and off. Features: 1. Uses the original theme 2. Does not invert colors 3. Supports single-click on and off feature 4. Supports schedule on and off 5. Does not mess up the original theme 6. Supports user styling -- Note that this theme is only meant to improve Facebook usage and has nothing to do with Faebook.com. It is a free, open-source project.
- (2022-12-25) Glendale Walter: Needs settings export/import option.
- (2020-08-30) Darwin Vaca: no vale
- (2020-07-06) Seychellian: This extension was causing Chrome to refresh twice every time I opened a page. It was annoying the hell out of me and I couldnt work out which extension was causing it. Through trail and error I narrowed it down to Dark Theme for Facebook. After removing it everythign went back to normal.
- (2020-04-02) Hasyidan Paramananda: Comment Chat And Like etc still white but overall is awesome i hope you fix this
- (2019-12-16) Krystian Androidsky: Works great and does not read your browser history like other skins do.
- (2019-08-02) YoDexxter: Super!
- (2019-01-12) Dionysios Zogas: It was working perfectly until a couple of days ago. Now, in facebook, the chat windows are not dark anymore. And it seems that the extension does not exist anymore in github.
- (2019-01-07) Enrique Gonzalez: Al fin facebook oscuro, me molestan los ojos en la noche cuando navego, gracias.
- (2018-12-15) Sven Pedersen: Unlike other dark themes for Facebook, this actually colours the chat windows properly. No more vanishing text due to chat windows being white with text being white/light gray. Simple, clean, goodlooking.