Take care of your eyes day and night using dark theme for Jira tools and services.
Looking for a way to change the color of Jira Service Desk UI to black? Atlassian doesn’t offer this out of the box, so we created an extension that can change the white light of the Jira Service Desk to black. NEVER STRAIN YOUR EYES AGAIN The dark skin will do what the name implies. But for greater comfort, we added the possibility to tweak the contrast and brightness of the colors. Don’t forget about the Night Shift to save your eyes from straining. Shift the color scheme from blue to warm and minimize the harmful effects on your eyesight. MAINTAIN A HEALTHY SLEEP CYCLE WITH NIGHT SHIFT Excessive exposure to blue light that comes from the computer screen can mess up your sleep. Therefore, we added Night Shift, which you can turn on and off when needed. It will change the blue light to soft, warm tones to reduce the risk of insomnia and other health issues. PRICING Our extension does not show ads and is free of charge for everyone. DATA PRIVACY The Dark Mode for Jira Service Desk does not ask for any credentials, so there’s no way to access the information in your account. Your personal and customer data is completely safe!
- (2021-01-06) Joe Etten: This plugin has potential and it does work for Jira Cloud in MS Edge (Chromium). However, it has some issues. It doesn't have replacements for certain icons/graphics so they kind of disappear. The default dark theme isn't great. It can be adjusted using brightness/contrast sliders. I had to do this because some of the colors were annoying. I'm still going to look for an alternative.
- (2020-12-29) Rodolfo Padilla Ruiz: Is this tied to an specific version of jira? My work has v8.5.4 and it wont change anything
- (2020-11-29) Brian Tyler: This is an absolute lifesaver for me. I think the dev needs to make clear the limitation that it only works on the cloud version of Jira because that is the reason for the bad reviews. Actually the theme is great for me, everything seems to work really well. Thanks!
- (2020-11-23) Harrison Kroeker: As mentioned in other reviews, the lack of mapping to non-trello or atlassian hosted instances makes this nearly unusable for most people that would love to take advantage of this extension. This is a major oversight to not accomodate, or call out in the description.
- (2020-11-13) Dmitry Pilyagin: Works for me fine just fine. There are now "brightness" and "contrast" advanced settings.
- (2020-11-11) Cage: not workin... reinstall and install 10 times! NOthing1
- (2020-10-26) Jan Gromko: It's great, I think it doesn't work for some users because they didn't change settings of this extension (you have to enable it). Also I very appreciate possibility of setting custom contrast and brightness.
- (2020-10-15) Alan Middleton: Firm I work for uses Jira and the white hurts my eyes... so finally found this, installed it, and bingo - it does NOT work... :( It looks like it only works for 2 main sites, and not the https site for jira that my firm uses. https://jira.MyFirmName.co.uk
- (2020-04-03) Alex R: way too dark.. you have to be in a very dark environment to feel comfortable with it. lack of options to fix the above.. note to developer: learn for other dark modes. making everything black is not enough. thank you for your contribution though!
- (2020-03-26) Ante Muras: I was going to make this myself since Jira was burning my eyes, but luckily somebody already did! Next step, if you ever feel like it - is allowing us to customize the colors used :)
- (2020-11-18, v:2.2) Sam Swain: Image colours affected by dark modes
Images attached to Jira items are also affected by the dark mode setting (and even more so by the Night Shift setting). When working with art/design critical assets this is a really bad side effect. Please can the modification of images be optional? Great plugin though, needs a little tweaking to be perfect :) Thanks.
- (2020-11-05, v:2.1) Zach Lerew: Usage on local server Jira
Could you add a way to run this on Server versions of jira/confluence? (not atlassian cloud) My company runs jira at jira.<mycompany>.com. The extension settings don't seem to allow adding a website outside of the default atlassian.com. Maybe that's an easy way to make this work?
- (2020-10-16, v:2.1) Shabbar Raza: Is this only for atlassian cloud?
We have a jira deployed at our company network and the extension does not seem to be working for that at all.
- (2020-10-07, v:2.1) Brandon Dixon: Doesn't work on corporate jira site
Is there any way to get it to apply when I'm viewing my corporation's jira site? It works great on the Atlassian site.
- (2020-05-19, v:2.0) Noah Colvin: Fonts in Night Mode
I think it's great that you made this extension. However the fonts are terribly aliased when dark. Would it be possible to allow selection of font or change the weight so it's easier on the eyes? This is most apparent when viewing card boards and individual cards. Thanks!