Take care of your eyes day and night using dark theme for Jira tools and services.
Looking for a way to change the color of Jira Service Management UI to black? Atlassian doesn’t offer this out of the box, so we created an extension that can change the white light of the Jira Service Management to black. NEVER STRAIN YOUR EYES AGAIN The dark skin will do what the name implies. But for greater comfort, we added the possibility to tweak the contrast and brightness of the colors. Don’t forget about the Night Shift to save your eyes from straining. Shift the color scheme from blue to warm and minimize the harmful effects on your eyesight. MAINTAIN A HEALTHY SLEEP CYCLE WITH NIGHT SHIFT Excessive exposure to blue light that comes from the computer screen can mess up your sleep. Therefore, we added Night Shift, which you can turn on and off when needed. It will change the blue light to soft, warm tones to reduce the risk of insomnia and other health issues. PRICING Our extension does not show ads and is free of charge for everyone. DATA PRIVACY The Dark Mode for Jira Service Management does not ask for any credentials, so there’s no way to access the information in your account. Your personal and customer data is completely safe!
- (2022-04-27) Anwar JABAL: Didn't work for me, i think because of the jira server url, we use a url that is not configured in the extension. our jira url : company-jira.valiantys.net urls configured : *://*.atlassian.com/* *://*.atlassian.net/* *://trello.com/* Can we add urls to this conf ?
- (2022-04-11) Manan Tank: Brilliant !
- (2022-04-04) Alex: You cannot define which URL it should style, so this is the most useless dark mode extension that has ever existed and absolutely useless for any custom jira instance... kudos for such a waste of time and effort.
- (2022-03-31) Dmitriy Geels: Useless. Won't work on a custom domain.
- (2022-03-23) Mateusz Stefaniak: You cannot specify self hosted jira url so it is useless in many cases.
- (2022-03-11) Pekka Karhu: Needs an option to define the domains. Now it is useless since the project is using a private internal domain name for jira.
- (2022-02-10) Works fine, but images have inverted colors and it's distracting
- (2022-02-08) Martin Kirk: I recommend 80% Contrast and 120% Lightness ... it seems to look better than standard night mode.
- (2022-02-04) Kristofer Brethower: This is a life saver for my eyes, thank you! My only complaint is that currently it inverts the color of profile pictures, it would be nice if it kept them normal.
- (2022-02-03) Chandraprakash G: Pros: 1. Works well for 95% of the time 2. I am using this 24/7 presently Cons: 1. While opening a card, the reporter and assignee picture seems to be like negative in film 2. The color looks dull on dark mode, make the outlines and text more clear and bright. 3. Presently the text in dark mode looks smudged and not clear
- (2022-02-02) Michelle Bowe: Does not work with corporate jira where url is not related to atlassian. Waste of my time to install the extension. Uninstalling immediately after finishing this review.
- (2022-01-31) Timofey Pivsaev: Doesn't work on Jira Server, plus access to the developer website is blocked by Cloudflare
- (2022-01-25) Dennis Heinrich: So sad that there is no support for self hosted instances
- (2022-01-18) Denis Otkidach: The list of hosts is hardcoded, so it's not possible to get it working with corporate domains.
- (2022-01-12) Arkadiusz Czekajski: Does not work at all after enabling.
- (2021-12-10) Basia Romanowska: Lovely. Many thanks!
- (2021-12-07) Oleksandr Panchenko: It does not work.
- (2021-12-07) Evgenii Pavlov: It is a free dark theme, how it could be not 5 stars?
- (2021-12-02) Nenad Stojanovikj: Works pretty well. However, the profile pictures have inverted colors.
- (2021-12-01) Çağdaş Tunca: finally
- (2021-11-23) Tim Killenberger: It looks very nice. Unfortunately this plugin does not work for me as my company has a custom URL for our JIRA. I saw that the plugin only requests access to these sites: - *://*.atlassian.net/* - *://*.bitbucket.org/* - *://id.atlassian.com/* - *://trello.com/* I need an option to add my own URL wildcards. Since that does not seem to be possible, this plugin is not working for me.
- (2021-11-16) Nikita K: It does not work.
- (2021-10-21) Jan Kornfeld: No support for self-hosted jira instances
- (2021-10-18) Alex Shi: Fantistic
- (2021-10-10) Nihad Guluzade: Does not look really good actually on jira
- (2021-10-06) Aleksej Bogdanov: Works properly, saved my eyes. Thank you!
- (2021-10-01) Tom Belton: Doesn't work - switched on dark mode, page is still white
- (2021-09-30) Adam Seaborne: This worked brilliantly for the first few weeks I used it - then it asked for more permissions such as browsing history... sorry, that's a no from me. I only use Jira for work, so not comfortable with any of my work stuff potentially going back somewhere.
- (2021-09-28) Keven Provencher: This addons worked perfectly fine and it was super great... unfortunately, it had to one day asked for browsing history permission. For an addon like this, it is completely useless and proof of that, it didn't need it beforehand. So why now ? This is extremely fishy and just a big red flag that something is wrong.
- (2021-09-27) Erik S: Read browsing history? For what? Please remove this.
- (2021-09-25) Ian Wambai: Why do you need permission to read my browsing history? Could you offer an explanation that makes sense? If not could you remove this permission? This is extremely disappointing.
- (2021-09-24) Jakub Zagórski: Works great. It's a shame that random developer can make a decent dark theme and atlassian can't do it for a long time.
- (2021-09-24) C Stech: Why suddenly do you now need the option to view Browsing History? Everything was fine until then. Removing today.
- (2021-09-23) Luke Peters: Thank you for saving my eyeballs. Really nice extension! Thank you for making this.
- (2021-09-22) Subhendu Paul: ot working on my company JIRA..!! This really bad thing.. Waste of time :-(
- (2021-09-15) Kai-Michael Roesner: Doesn't work with enterprise Jira installations that have different URLs than the two supported ones.
- (2021-09-08) David Hsu: Unfortunately, it does not work for Enterprise Jira by company URL
- (2021-09-02) Zach Campbell: It's so close to perfect but not quite there. As others have said certain icons like the notification bell all but disappear, and certain images are turned negative (also noticed in the notifications area). It's 100% good enough that I'll continue to use it, but these small adjustments would go a long way to making this feel native.
- (2021-08-12) Alexey Anischenko: it just does not work for company sites using Jira - looks like it detects Jira presence by url, not by the page content
- (2021-08-09) Andrew Stott: Waste of time when you realize it has to be under either the attlasian or trello domain. Most if not all employers use their own domain so this is useless to the people who would want it the most.
- (2021-08-08) Husam Lahm: Indeed a lifesaver, had to adjust couple of styles to my likings (using Stylus), and the theme is a bit darker than I like, but all in all it's a good extension Stylus edits: https://justpaste.it/8dre3
- (2021-07-20) Oz Ozel: Worked like a charm! Thank you! Atlasssian should buy this color scheme from you when they finally implement dark mode. Really great job!
- (2021-07-13) Paul Zala: I love this extension so much. You can feel your eyes calming down straight away. The Advanced Settings under Dark mode in the settings are really helpful. Turning the contrast down to around 75% makes it look more like the IDEs like VSCode/IntelliJ.
- (2021-06-23) Mark: This is perfect! With the addition of "Night shift" and "Advanced Settings" for the dark mode, I was able to tweak it to get it to look just right.
- (2021-06-21) André Ferreira: For security reason it only has access to *://*.atlassian.net/* and *://trello.com/*, so it doesn't work on company installed Jira Servers. So, in my case, can't use it.
- (2021-06-18) Kevin Kiejko: Didn't work for me. I would have LOVED a way to tone down the white eye-burning Jira UI.
- (2021-03-02) Daniel Gehrlein: Still no support for Self-Hosted Jira Instances
- (2021-01-06) Joe Etten: This plugin has potential and it does work for Jira Cloud in MS Edge (Chromium). However, it has some issues. It doesn't have replacements for certain icons/graphics so they kind of disappear. The default dark theme isn't great. It can be adjusted using brightness/contrast sliders. I had to do this because some of the colors were annoying. I'm still going to look for an alternative.
- (2020-12-29) Rodolfo Padilla Ruiz: Is this tied to an specific version of jira? My work has v8.5.4 and it wont change anything
- (2020-11-29) Brian Tyler: This is an absolute lifesaver for me. I think the dev needs to make clear the limitation that it only works on the cloud version of Jira because that is the reason for the bad reviews. Actually the theme is great for me, everything seems to work really well. Thanks!
- (2021-11-12, v:2.3.1) Ed Ho: Emojis should be unaffected
Hi, your extension is pretty good but it makes the emojis look like they are doing blackface. Might want to adjust the logic for emojis so people don't get confused. Thank you, Ed
- (2021-10-25, v:2.3.1) Chris Fic: Doesn't work
It doesn't work. My JIRA address is not one of the ones in the settings and there's no way to include it. Also it is permissioned to read my browser history which needs to be removed.
- (2021-09-30, v:2.3.1) Allan Michaelsen: custom domain name
Hi I was wondering if I can add a custom domain name to the list of allowed sites?
- (2021-09-28, v:2.3.1) Keven Provencher: It was fine before asking for browsing history.
This addons worked perfectly fine and it was super great... unfortunately, it had to one day asked for browsing history permission... for an addon like this, it is completely useless... and proof of that, it didn't need it beforehand. So why now ?
- (2021-09-28, v:2.3.1) Sherif Abdel-Naby: Why read browser history ?
Why read browser history ?
- (2021-09-28, v:2.3.1) Alex Lopez: Google has disabled this extension because it's asking to access the browser history.
Why do you need to know our browsing history?
- (2021-09-24, v:2.3.1) Antillar: Why does this plugin need my browser history?
I would really love to try out this plugin, but it requires access to browser history, which looks a little ... fishy?
- (2021-09-24, v:2.3.1) José Javier Rodríguez Zas: Profile photos look like negatives
Some times some profile photos look like a negative ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_(photography) )
- (2021-09-24, v:2.3.1) Borys Specjalski: I was just asked to add more permissions
The plugin was disabled by chrome as new permissions have to be accepted first. Could I ask why do you need access to the browsing history?
- (2021-09-16, v:2.3) Alex Schutz: Emojis in dark mode
Hey, I just installed your add on, and it looks really nice! One thing though- It turns the default yellow emojis to the dark-skinned emojis. I hope this isn't intended behavior, because it's not a good look.
- (2021-07-22, v:2.3) Jakub Anderwald: Company server installation
How do I enable this on company-hosted Jira server with a different URL scheme than the ones provided by default?
- (2021-04-22, v:2.3) Malte Begerau: Bitbucket?
Is bitbucket support on your roadmap?
- (2021-04-22, v:2.3) Malte Begerau: "Your work" page acts weird
When I open the page https://*.atlassian.net/jira/your-work everything above the fold is displayed correctly in dark mode. But as soon as I start scrolling down the new content from below is not in dark mode. Any idea why that is so?
- (2021-02-08, v:2.2) Knospi: Self hosted Jira
Is there a possibility to enable this amazing extension for self hosted jira deployments? In this case, the url differs from the default atlassian url. BR, Alex
- (2020-11-18, v:2.2) Sam Swain: Image colours affected by dark modes
Images attached to Jira items are also affected by the dark mode setting (and even more so by the Night Shift setting). When working with art/design critical assets this is a really bad side effect. Please can the modification of images be optional? Great plugin though, needs a little tweaking to be perfect :) Thanks.
- (2020-11-05, v:2.1) Zach Lerew: Usage on local server Jira
Could you add a way to run this on Server versions of jira/confluence? (not atlassian cloud) My company runs jira at jira.<mycompany>.com. The extension settings don't seem to allow adding a website outside of the default atlassian.com. Maybe that's an easy way to make this work?
- (2020-10-16, v:2.1) Shabbar Raza: Is this only for atlassian cloud?
We have a jira deployed at our company network and the extension does not seem to be working for that at all.
- (2020-10-07, v:2.1) Brandon Dixon: Doesn't work on corporate jira site
Is there any way to get it to apply when I'm viewing my corporation's jira site? It works great on the Atlassian site.
- (2020-05-19, v:2.0) Noah Colvin: Fonts in Night Mode
I think it's great that you made this extension. However the fonts are terribly aliased when dark. Would it be possible to allow selection of font or change the weight so it's easier on the eyes? This is most apparent when viewing card boards and individual cards. Thanks!