Work productively in the browser
No-code automation and streamlining of your browser workflow. Take an extra hour a day on us. We all spend 6+ hours a day in the browser, and waste an average of 1-2 hours being distracted or just plain unproductive. Motion is an easy-to-use Chrome extension that gives you back at least 1 hour each day by speeding up the way your browser serves you. When you subscribe to Motion, you’ll receive a free call from our productivity expert to ensure your tools are set up in a way that is customized to your needs. The way you browse is unique, so we personalize Motion to suit you. According to a UC Irvine study, it takes 25 minutes to recover from a single interruption of deep work. According to a Harvard study, it's estimated that we lose about a 1-2 hours of each workday to distractions Motion lets you use your work tools right from any page instead of having to navigate to these apps and wait for them to load up. Furthermore, Motion reduces friction when using these tools through its no-code automation of common tasks such as scheduling meetings and finding documents.
- (2021-01-19) Theo: There are *some* useful features but the pricing is a mess. You can't even try it without signing up for a subscription. You can get these features elsewhere for much less. A big disappointment that it has such an aggressive pricing strategy. It makes me distrust the seller.
- (2021-01-10) Ryan Hoffman: I wasn't able to fully test this application. It is tightly bound with Google suite activities, which limits the effectiveness for Enterprise applications and without that, you have very limited capabilities that appear to focus on distraction control around blocking certain websites the user determines unproductive. That's a wash for me, not everyone has the same platforms and not supporting the ones I use is not a knock. I am frustrated about the lack of technical documentation on their site or something more concrete. I saw their add on a website I trust and have a very level of consumption from advertisers there. Reviewing the site, there was no mention of it being reliant on G-Suite (or I couldn't find it). This wasted my time.
- (2021-01-03) Celeste Diaz Ferraro: Buggy app won't authorize in Chrome. Installed the extension, and clicked the button to get it to authorize my google account but just got a never-ending loop circle. Good idea for an app but the implementation doesn't seem to work. Uninstalled to ensure no billing after the free trial ended.
- (2020-11-13) Igor Stefanovici Zergos: The most underrated extension for productivity.
- (2020-11-09) George Fang: Stellar chrome extension. I've used several different products and this one is my go to for working from home. Unobtrusive UI with solid integrations with all of my work related apps. Motion is the Apple product of distraction management.
- (2020-11-09) Daniel Kang: Simple, great, and tons of features have been added since I last tried - excited to see what gets added in the future! Paywall is a bit of a bummer but some might turn out to be worth it
- (2020-11-09) Ara Ghougassian: It's easier than ever to be distracted while you focus. Love how Motion is going about solving this problem. The team moves really quickly and the product is consistently improving!
- (2020-11-09) Alexandros Zervos: Terrific app! I've had many coworkers recommend it to me!
- (2020-10-14) Mason Jenkins: Great app! Honestly didn't think it would be that good but I'm really enjoying it thus far, makes me feel that much worse about wasting my day on Reddit/YouTube. I think the addition of daily limits would be nice. edit: Devs made a lot of updates. Sort of feel like the app is different now than the original intention, sort of a google Chrome productivity suite? But I personally don't see the value in a lot of the functionalities and I don't think it's worth almost $200/yr (!!!). I'm guessing their target market is c-suite executives or something that are constantly sending emails or...honestly I don't know, the features they added are confusing. Really enjoyed this app and was disappointed to see it go paid so soon, especially at the price they're asking.
- (2020-08-20) Justin Chu: Finally this is being made. I needed it so much
- (2020-08-05) Siddish Reddy Iragamreddy: One star deducted for using Ctrl-J which is previously for downloads and no way for disabling in Free mode! Except that the only extension I use daily!
- (2020-07-23) Nathan Nannenga: I understand businesses need to make money but can't help but feel like I got the bait and switch. Wish it had been more upfront about plans to go full paid.
- (2020-07-21) Agustin Barrientos: It used to be great, but they removed functionality that was already available in the extension to offer it for 6 USD per month. Now every time you click on the extension icon, you're redirected to upgrade.inmotion.app instead of the settings page.
- (2020-07-19) Luis Valladares: Good extension, has some nice feature to avoid distraction but they changed the price model and now it's REALLY overpriced.
- (2020-07-19) Kristen Fang: Very easy to use and *actually* helps me to be productive unlike other apps I've tried.
- (2020-07-16) Imran Hussain: This extension was very good. But recently it stopped working and it is asking to upgrade to pro which I can't because I live in a country where the payment system used by motion isn't easily available.
- (2020-07-15) Martin Timko: not for free anymore, costs $20/month. for the developer it will be nice to realize that not every country is that rich that anyone can afford to pay his daily earning for some simple browser extension. very disappointed.
- (2020-07-15) Felipe Carrer: What happened with the free version? I had it installed but uninstalled accidentally here, and now there is only the paid option?
- (2020-07-14) Stanislas Laurent: UPDATE: This extension isn't free. 0 features are available without paying. They totally ruined their work. Great UI, great UX, no bugs. Finally a real and truly working distraction-breaking extension. Everything is well-thought, you can categorize sites, have timers, focus sessions, block a site, useful reports... but it's somehow never invading. Just perfect. And they keep introducing new features (background music sites, workflow analysis...) How can it only have 6K users ? Time to start an ad campaign! My only suggestion: there should be a "hardcore" mode where to get XX more minutes, you have to type "I want XX more minutes of useless distractions"
- (2020-04-14) James Esch Duran: This app is great. Very easy to use, onboarding was over before I realized it had started. You could say it made me more productive in less than 15 seconds.
- (2020-04-08) Great add-on! Didn't feel any lag or pressure on Chrome while using it. It also addresses the issue with other solutions where they end up becoming the distraction. Very effective!
- (2020-04-07) George K: A new extension in the productivity space with a lot of interesting and innovative never-before-done features, even though it launched just 2 months ago. I think I fell in love with it when it gave you a "background music" option where browsing YouTube. Most productivity apps put sites in the category of either "productive" or "unproductive", which is not true. Most sites have a dichotomous mix of productive and unproductive parts, so it's relieving to finally see an extension recognize this reality (and hopefully there will be more features to deal with this dichotomy in the future!) I'm excited to see what direction this app expands into, future features, and where it goes!
- (2020-04-06) Karim Fattal: Super lightweight and robust. Great addition to my productivity stack.
- (2020-04-05) Paul Quigley: The product feels very polished. It helps maintain self-control and productivity without feeling overly intrusive like some other apps that will block website full stop (which becomes a nuisance in the cases where you do need to use them for something work related).
- (2020-04-04) Victor Wang: Helps me stay focused and waste less time. Much better than other extensions I've tried. I also like the daily productivity tracking and analytics.
- (2020-04-01) George Iskander: Phenomenal!!
- (2020-03-26) Lulu W: This app is a game changer for me!! I always struggled with overcoming distractions while trying to study for a major exam. It's such a struggle not to periodically check your socials, the news, etc, especially with everything going on now. With this app, I can get so much more done. I feel much more accomplished and ready to take on the world! :-)
- (2020-03-20) Bikram Dahal: one of the best
- (2020-03-08) Andre Reus: I love that distracting sites are not blocked completely and that there is an option to use it with a timer if you have to look something up for productive reasons. It gives control back to you and at the same time reminds you that it usually is a destracting site. This has the effect that you think more about the reason each time you visit the site. I would love a feature where one does not have to set a time limit, but a visible timer is shown on how much time you are using on a distracting site when you chose to only look something up. Also a more granular way to set the productive time for each day of the week would be nice. Some other idea for an additional feature would be a reminder to take breaks from time to time when on the computer.
- (2020-03-08) Janek Chmielewski: I hope more people will find out about it. And I think that if you would created an adroid application to block applications and websites in this way, you would be also unrivalled.
- (2020-03-05) Isaiah Shiner: Works perfectly for getting distracted on YouTube especially. Has dedicated features to hide recommended videos, yells at you if you keep asking for time, and if I need to watch a long tutorial, I can watch one video of any length. Wonderful!
- (2020-03-04) Jason Lin: This thing is so great! WAY better than other site-blocking extensions that I've uninstalled over the years.
- (2020-03-03) Arun Antony: I have tried all sort of website blockers to help with my procrastinations and this one is a Legendary Hero! Great experience, website specific personalised features like blocks recommended videos on YouTube, hides trending sidebar on twitter etc. Keep up the good work guys!!!
- (2020-02-24) Andrew G Williams: As a high school student, I can't recommend it enough. This extension helps me do my work and stay focused on it. I love the fact that it works around timers and really works.
- (2020-02-22) MiraPloy: Totally useless as it doesn't work on weekends or after "regular work hours" as if everyone has a 9-5 job.
- (2020-02-22) Elaine Lin: I like this extension a lot. It is easy to use and set up. The extension reminds you to be mindful of your Internet usage without being obnoxious.
- (2020-02-21) Mirza Rizvi Amin: From my experience it works. It would have been better of the the pop up was a bit bigger with bigger texts.
- (2020-02-20) Miguel Rivas Perez: This is the best timekeeping and distraction blocking extension there is. It has really helped me out maintain my focus on projects and keep track of my time.
- (2020-02-20) Felix Chao: Cut my unproductive time from 5-6 hours a day to almost nothing. Awesome!
- (2020-02-19) Leban Hashi: Has helped me a ton! I just have an idea on what to add to the extension, Have you considered a "3-Strikes Out" method to this? You know how people say "oh 5 more minutes and i'll get to work." but they keeps on saying that? Yeah, it would cut that out as it would automatically close the tab, to say "hey get to work!" Just an idea.
- (2020-02-18) Vladimir Tereshchenko: Add a button to the widget with two active minutes until closing for all new sites that are not in the database of black / white lists. This will increase overall productivity.
- (2020-02-18) Albert Purnama: Awesome! Lightweight and easy to use!
- (2020-02-14) Fabian: N I C E
- (2020-02-12) Harrison Han: So simple yet so effective - I've been looking for an app to help me be more productive. I was introduced to Motion by a friend earlier this week and have found it indispensable. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a controlled way to focus!
- (2020-02-12) Heather Mavunga: Just love how simple it is, keeps me so accountable! The timer is a great feature
- (2020-02-07) John Sillings: I love this thing.
- (2020-02-07) Mike Mahlkow: This is exactly what I have been waiting for all along. A productivity tracker that is flexible and easy to use.
- (2020-02-05) Anish Raj Sikka: Bang on - simply delivers what it promises!
- (2020-01-23) Shawn Xie: Awesome concept! UI needs a little polish, but otherwise works great! Would definitely keep.
- (2020-01-23) Jean-Luc Beaubien: Great and simple time productivity tracker. Very easy to use, light-weight, and does it's job well.
- (2020-11-23, v:1.0.86) Pawel Kopec: Unable to work with Opt-A shortcut
Opt-A is a shortcut for a polish letter. I cannot write in polish on Mac when I use Motion.
- (2020-07-27, v:1.0.57) Arijit Das: The extension stopped working for me.
The extension stopped working for me. When I click on the extension icon it redirects me to https://inmotion.app/welcome but it page timeouts. Any idea what might be causing this? I think multiple users are facing this problem. Any idea how to fix it? I tried reinstalling the extension but the problem persist.
- (2020-07-22, v:1.0.57) Arijit Das: Stopped working
The extension stopped working for me. When I click on the extension icon it redirects me to https://inmotion.app/welcome but it page timeouts. Any idea what might be causing this?
- (2020-07-02, v:1.0.57) Un Gorille: Always "one video" option on Youtube.
Is there a way to be able to select "only one video" every time I want to go on Youtube ? Most of the time I only have the option to snooze.
- (2020-06-16, v:1.0.52) Denis Loginov: Icons for subtabs
Hi, In the screenshot on the https://www.inmotion.app/ page (https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5e0ecd43df6433531a1dec71/5ed0834f11a8b0839707b2f1_subtabs.gif), we can see subtabs with icons next to them. But in my installed (free) version of the extension, it doesn't show any icons. Is that a paid feature, or perhaps something in the works? For my work flow, having icons on tabs is essential. I often rely on them when having a bunch of regular tabs open. Otherwise, I have to read text and interpret it, vs visually checking an icon that is quicker to perceive than reading text, esp. when having a bunch of subtabs :-) Thank you for the otherwise amazing product! Best
- (2020-06-11, v:1.0.51) Benoit PETIT-DEMOULIERE: Shortcut for bar
Hi, putting Ctrl+J for the shortcut is a bad idea. I can't get access to Chrome Donwloads now. I don't care about this function, please make is optional
- (2020-04-02, v:1.0.33) Stanislas Laurent: Hardcore Mode for "XX more minutes"
A "hardcore" mode where to get XX more minutes, you have to type "I want XX more minutes of useless distractions", instead of simply pressing a button
- (2020-03-20, v:1.0.33) Shannon Warner: Timer keeps going when I'm using a different tab
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the timer to pause when I stop using a site and switch to another tab. It keeps going as though I am still distracted when I am not. So I will be working and then come back later to the tab (with for example, Amazon, open), and it will say my time is now up.
- (2020-03-18, v:1.0.33) Lark Davis: Is it possible to pause Motion on work days?
I'd like to occasionally pause Motion when I'm either not working that day or taking a break (as someone else commented). I don't want to have to remove all my current days and time settings to do this. Is there an easier way?
- (2020-03-10, v:1.0.28) Christopher Stanton: Set a 'break' time
It would be helpful to set a period of time inside the time range that is permissible to access the blocked sites. For example, I regularly take a lunch break at 11.30 for 30 minutes to an hour, so it would be useful to be able to set this time in the extension, rather than having to hit 'give me 30 mins' and that to be counted as unproductive.
- (2020-02-19, v:1.0.21) Scott Nielson: Sync settings for different computers
Nice extension. However, I would like to sync the settings on different computers. Is there a way to do that and I missed it? If not, please add this feature.