Play all kinds of MIDI files in browser. MIDI Player extension supports *.mid/*.kar/*.rmi formats. It looks for MIDI files in hyperlinks and <audio>/<bgsound>/<object>/<embed> tags on the web pages, and plays them. For the best sound quality, you may want to install the Jazz-Plugin and the Jazz-MIDI extension. Same-origin limitation: MIDI files must be located at the same domain with the referencing web page, or at the CORS-enabled server. Please visit https://github.com/jazz-soft/midi-player to see the source code and share your feedback.
- (2020-01-05) Kirill Pankin: Works ok! Thank you!
- (2019-06-10) Adrià Rico Blanes: Perfect! Does exactly what I needed.
- (2019-05-19) Subramanian Sethuraman: Thanks for the extension! It works for me. Only one drawback is I have to enable the extension for all the sites for the extension to work. Would appreciate if it work per click.
- (2019-03-20) Lee: It's nice that the output can be set, but I wish I could set it permanently rather than change it to Web Audio every single time I click a new MIDI file. It would also be nice if clicking a new MIDI file would stop & close the previous one so that I'm not hearing two or more simultaneously.
- (2019-01-12) Steve Jeffryes: Does not play midi files online
- (2018-12-30) Lieutenant BaconWaffles: Doesn't seem to work with this site. It still asks me to download the midis instead of playing them in the browser. http://johnnyz.smspower.org/master.html
- (2018-12-13) Lorincz Elod: :( Do nothing in my case, see below
- (2018-11-18) Hendrick Castaneda sotero: It docent let you play Midi files it just take you to a very suspicious website.
- (2020-01-13, v:0.0.8.0) Jasper LaFortune: Set Tempo Message Ignored
Both with and without the Jazz-Plugin installed, MIDI Player appears to ignore the set_tempo Meta Message. I've downloaded the MIDI file in question and it sets the tempo correctly in Windows Media Player, but when I play the same file with this extension, the tempo is permanently stuck at what I believe to be 120 bpm. What is going on? Is there a workaround?
- (2019-05-05, v:0.0.3.0) Spencer Doidge: midi player
I don't know how to use it, and there is no information to help me.
- (2019-05-05, v:0.0.3.0) Spencer Doidge: How do you use it?
Midi player is installed etc, but there is no way to use it.