Transform hurtful words into fun-loving emojis.
Unchallenged homophobic, biphobic, and transphobic language has a negative effect on people's self-esteem and sense of belonging. To help spread #LoveSpeech we've created the Hurt Blocker, helping disarm hurtful language one comment at a time. Once installed, the Hurt Blocker Chrome Extension transforms hurtful words displayed in live text into fun-loving emojis when you’re browsing on your desktop, and also allows you to add words or phrases that that are hurtful to you. Proudly powered by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ).
- (2020-02-24) Erin Phillips: Love it!!! 👏🏼👏🏼
- (2020-02-21) Tyler Walsh: Imagine banking with ANZ and having your banking fees go towards a web plug-in where users can opt-in to self-censorship...
- (2020-02-21) Kimberlee Wells: Amazing. The world needs words that heal, not hate.
- (2020-02-21) Sarah Cajelot: Pretty cool extension love it !
- (2020-02-21) tom king: Great tool, another big step in the right direction
- (2020-02-21) Mark Tompkins: What an awesome way to start a conversation about so important.
- (2020-02-21) Emma Lester: Fun! I'll be using it for all sorts of hurtful & hateful words I don't want to see (the news is about improve!).
- (2020-02-21) Stephanie Luxmoore: Love that you can add your own works to block too. Never see numpty talk again!
- (2020-02-21) Ricci Meldrum: I love this. I forget I have it turned on and then I smile when I see emoji's takeover and forget the reason I'm seeing them is because they blocked something nasty. What a great experience - makes me smile instead of making me sad. Now I've started adding my own words that I want to block. Thought it was pretty funny blocking my husbands name... he wasn't so amused!
- (2020-02-21) Timothy Bunston: Views other than mine are still visible, extension is broken.
- (2020-02-21) Shannon Wynter: Very narrow minded, only covers "right" slurs, plenty of "left" slurs aren't detected. No way to file a bug report. I suppose if you're having a hard day and need the world to change to make you feel better this might make you feel better, but then you have to resist the urge to turn it off on every page you visit as you'll know the hate is still there, you're just opting to censor it for yourself (which is something I actually support - don't make everyone else censor themselves, offence is taken not given)