KnockoutJS Context Hover - Development and debugging assistant for Knockout JS. Tested on: 3.4.2, 3.1.0, 2.2.1
Right click on a page that runs KnockoutJS and press the "KO Context Hover" option to activate the panel. Shortcuts are present at the top of the panel, allowing you to control whether the panel will follow the mouse pointer and refresh the hovered KO context data. Development and debugging assistant for Knockout JS https://github.com/alexcodito/KnockoutContextHover - Display the hovered element's KnockoutJS context, HTML tag and attributes - Traverse complex objects and arrays - Set values of variables and observables - Convert variables into observables - Refresh hovered element's KO bindings - Log context objects straight into the browser Dev tools console - Shortcuts for following the mouse cursor & toggling live context - Click and execute a function Also available on Firefox Tested KnockoutJS versions: 3.4.2 3.1.0 2.2.1 Knockout JS makes use of unsafe practices (e.g. eval, innerHTML). This will cause browser validators to flag this extension with several warnings. Please note that this extension was developed for personal needs. I may not maintain future KoJS version compatibility or provide any support. With that said, please feel free to contribute to the GitHub repo.
- (2020-10-05) Kyle Robins: Invaluable tool for doing coding with KOjs. Thank you very much for taking the time to make this, it is greatly appreciated. I have been using a different tool but it has performance issues when using complex models so searched for something else and came across this.
- (2020-08-02) Sergiu Popescu: Thank you, this extension is very useful.
- (2020-08-02) Alexander Khodyrev: works perfectly
- (2020-07-14) Frank Assistant: incredible!!! what a shame to invest time developing something and not have the intelligence to add a sentence or two on how to use it or what to do if it doesn't work. how do you and people like you consider yourselves developers? you must work in some dump.
- (2020-05-27, v:1.7) maddada: Seems like a great extension but doesn't work when we're using a custom attribute for knockout
As you can see here, we have data-shortpoint-bind instead of data-bind, and that seems to be messing with the extension. https://imgur.com/a/CJdA9a2 can you please allow custom attributes to work? You can give an option to write what the custom text is..