A feature-packed distraction-free web reader with dyslexia support and research tools
Reader Mode is a feature-packed Chrome reading extension and web app that removes clutter, ads and distractions, while also includes dyslexia support, bookmarking, annotating, highlighting, text-to-speech and many other features all in one tool. Features: ✔ Distraction-free and ad-free "Reader Mode" ✔ Deletion of unwanted elements ✔ Theme customization ✔ Custom theme ✔ Custom CSS ✔ Print pages ✔ Fullscreen mode ✔ Auto-run ability ✔ Save edited pages ✔ Share To Twitter ✔ Dyslexia Fonts ✔ Dyslexia Ruler ✔ Text To Speech ✔ Article Outline ✔ Text annotating and highlighting ✔ Notes List ✔ Auto-scroll functionality ✔ Dark Panel Mode ✔ Google Search ✔ Google Translate ✔ Remove footer option ✔ Cloud storage ✔ Share pages in Reader Mode format ✔ Read-it-later mode ✔ Full-text search ✔ Favourites ✔ Organization folders ✔ Tags for pages ✔ Sync styles & settings To see all the features and learn more, check out https://readermode.io ##### Changelog ##### Version 1.3.2 (17/11/2022) -Fixed saving issues Version 1.3.1 (16/11/2022) -Fixed api url Version 1.3.0 (12/11/2022) -Upgraded to manifest v3 Version 1.2.9 (13/9/2020) -Added Lexend fonts Version 1.2.8 (22/4/2020) -Fixed saving and fetching article’s data issue -Fixed tag’s close button color on dark mode Version 1.2.7 (22/4/2020) -Fixed syntax error when there’s no author found Version 1.2.6 (22/4/2020) -Fixed links not working after deletion mode -Remove auto-close ability for OptionsSavedPanel -Set max-width for all elements to 100% Version 1.2.5 (15/4/2020) -Added Tags feature -Title, Description and Author is now editable -Author is default to “Unknown author” if not found -Show “Saved” notice if article is already saved -Auto-saved page when highlighting Version 1.2.4 (19/3/2020) -Fixed Toolbar css affected issue Version 1.2.3 -Fixed saving issue Version 1.2.2 -Fixed empty Auto-run issue -Fixe Meta setting not saving issue Version 1.2.1 -Added sync styles -Fixed outline li default style -Removed default line-height css from default and app -Removed inline css styles -Removed Headings from settings -Removed cr-saved-info and cd-footer default colors -Fixed TTS Pitch not saving issue Version 1.2.0 -Fixed font style options Version 1.1.9 -Fixed Saved Info not showing issue -Updated article URL structure -Fixed saved-noticed words not showing issue Version 1.1.8 -Fixed Saved Panel button colors -Renamed “Auto-run Domain Rules” to “Auto-run Rules” Version 1.1.7 -Fixed background color & text color conflict issue -Added Headings style setting -Added Themes -Fixed sans-serif font not saving issue -Increased maximum Dyslexia Ruler height to 250px Version 1.1.6 -Added indicator when the main menu is active -Moved Custom CSS settings panel to the bottom -Fixed auto height for options panel -Fixed some font styles not saving issue -Rearranged font options position -Added premium fonts Version 1.1.5 -Used global address for Google Search -Updated description -Included li tag in text color changes Version 1.1.4 -Fixed notes dissapearance -Auto hide “Saved Panel” -Updated the color of ReaderMode’s icon Version 1.1.3 -Fixed activation issue Version 1.1.2 -Fixed Meta not saving issue Version 1.1.1 - Removed Analytics Version 1.1.0 - Updated description Version 1.0.9 - Fixed reader’s width not-saving issue - Fixed overflow text for meta info - Added style for quotes content - Fixed auto-run rules grammar mistakes - Removed Helvetica Neue font - Set default font as Arial - Notes List is set to “Show” by default
- (2022-06-13) Sridhar Dhanapalan: This product looks dead but it still mostly works. No response from the developer and no updates in over a year. Shame I paid for it.
- (2022-01-26) Olaf Zumpe: It is a useful plugin. I am using it very often. However, the text to speech feature does not work in chrome for MacOS. Could you please fix this?
- (2021-12-02) Pat MySecret: Requires LogIn to use. They probably ask for more from there.
- (2021-08-27) Matthias Heidrich: Love this tool. Makes it so easy and convenient to save blog articles and read them later without distractions. My favorite feature is that the highlights tab where you can quickly browse through all the highlight that you have made. Awesome job!
- (2021-05-24) Pascal Sageret-Dubuy: Very nice app for knowledge workers. Thanks!
- (2021-03-03) Ms R: Great app, and getting better all the time.
- (2020-12-16) praveen akinapally: Great feature rich and cheap alternative to Pocket
- (2020-09-05) Fajar Siddiq: I love the premium version, this is easy with dashboard. I can click "save" the articles for bookmarking, is like books in bookshelves Now all my articles i want to read is organised in the dashboard.
- (2023-03-26, v:1.3.2) Buzz Baylis: No popup
I upgraded to Lifetime and got my new registration number in an email. Where to put the new number is a mystery to me as after numerous tries I have yet to see the popup window into which to place my registration. Thank you in advance for all that you do for us!
- (2022-11-17, v:1.3.2) Eric Johnson: Something new started happening...
This started happening a few days ago... I like using Reader Mode because it will read a page to me. So I would switch the page to Reader Mode Premium, and Click the Save button. Then I would Click the Text to Speech Button. Now, in the past few days, When clicking the Save button, I receive the following message... "<the URL of the site> Says Oopps...Either their is no internet connection or our servers are offline". Please help me understand this message and maybe get back to normal operation of this extension. Thanks in advance... Eric Johnson
- (2021-10-08, v:1.2.9) Saman Boyd: Doesn't work
I got this nearly exclusively for the text to speech--- which entirely does not work. Glad I pad money for this... not.
- (2021-06-20, v:1.2.9) Tresa Lupton: Extension doesn't work after I purchased a year subscription.
After I upgraded from the free version to the yearly premium version, the text-to-read wquit working which is the main feature I need. So now $60 has been wasted.
- (2021-03-19, v:1.2.9) Kai H: Release Command + Shift + Z
I have a lifetime subscription for Readermode Premium. I just noticed that this extension is triggered by Command + Shift + Z in Chrome in Mac OS. This is a HUGE problem because I can't ever do "redo" anything. Like you, I'm a developer. I've already had a few instances where I lost code because I pressed Command + Z one too many times and couldn't undo that. Please add the feature to change the keyboard shortcut, or at least use a DIFFERENT key combination for triggering the extension please