Roam force multiplier
A collection of tools to improve the https://roamresearch.com/ UX and extend it's functionality. Currently supported functionality is: * Vim Navigation mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxtT05CjOyo * Spatial Graph mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1T0micgzk * FuzzyDate - transform the date entered in the human format into the Roam format. For example if you type in ;fri; it's going to replace it with the properly formatted vale for next Friday, so at the moment it's output would be [[March 13th, 2020]]. See it in action here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/d5u0x1rq * Implements SM2 Spaced repetition algorithm (Anki version) as described here: https://docs.ankiweb.net/#/faqs?id=what-spaced-repetition-algorithm-does-anki-use for Roam blocks. Put a cursor inside the block and pres Ctrl+Shift+ [number between 1 and 4 signifying ease of remembering this card], and the plugin is going to reschedule the Block accordingly (tagging it with the appropriate date and some metadata tags) * If you put the cursor inside the date or a number and then press Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down - the date would be incremented or decremented. They keyboard shortcut is configurable. * Applying custom CSS to Roam website. * Adds shortcuts to delete and duplicated the block * You can do estimates based on the attribute values attached to the block & Roam query. * Experimental: live preview (disabled by default) Changelog: 0.5: * Spatial Graph mode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1T0micgzk * Increase number of Vim hints available * Make Vim hints work with Ctrl+Shift+click 0.4.5: Navigation bugfix 0.4.4: * Fix folding with new version of Roam. * Add mapping to open mentions of Block/Page - https://github.com/roam-unofficial/roam-toolkit/pull/167 0.4.3: Insert Random page/Open it in sidebar 0.4.1: A variety of updates and Bugfixes for VIM mode. 0.4: A big update! Vim navigation mode. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxtT05CjOyo for demo! 0.3.1: Show Day of the week when hovering over the date page 0.3: * Experimental live preview * Various updates for SRS * Navigating to a next/previous day * Bugfixes 0.2: * Add ability to increment and decrement dates by week * FuzzyDate add replace mode * Add "copy block reference" shortcut * Add shortcut to copy block embed * Add shortcut to go to today's page * Estimates: add ability to parse property if it's not the lowest node in the tree. 0.1.1: Minor bugfixes, updates to default shortcuts.
- (2020-12-08) Andrés Martínez: Hi, I'm amazed at the spatial graph sidebar. However, 3 things are missing for it to be as useful as it looks. - Right now, when you change the window to "all pages" or "graph view" it overlaps the graph sidebar. - Zooming is too abrupt, by far. - When downloaded as an app, you can't change the extension setting and therefore you can't exit the view. Would be great to have a shortcut for that if possible. Thanks for whats you are doing, really hope you fix these 3 things!
- (2020-09-14) Rob Bai: This extension is amasing. the Fuzzy Date feature give me same experience as I use Workflowy. But I have a little problem during I use it. When I type "the end of this year", the extension will return "[[January 1st, 2020]]". Hope the team can fix it, thank you!
- (2020-07-31) Jacob Prudent: Helps add needed features to roam
- (2020-07-22) Caleb Figgers: This extension is an inseparable part of my Roam workflow. The navigation and block manipulation keyboard shortcuts are so useful and common sense, they should be part of the vanilla product. Spaced repetition is effortless and a perfect hold-over while the RR team works on more fully fleshed-out [[Programmable Attention]] solutions. 11/10, install this extension ASAP.
- (2020-07-22) 片桐健一: Vim!!!!!
- (2020-07-13) Barry Lu: Like it! This extension helped me a lot. But the Live Preview feature will sometimes show errors (showing other links) that can be recovered when the browser refreshes.
- (2020-07-09) Amy G: Absolutely brilliant! Thanks for putting time and effort to enhance roam research. Looking forward to seeing what kind of other mad genius ideas you come up with and of course any other collaborators. Good luck! Amy
- (2020-03-16) Kevin Murray: Very promising. This has capacity to enhance the flow of using Roam. Can I request a shortcut to add a new block? Now you seem to need to find a good position for the cursor to add a block, which is particularly hard if you want it at the top of the list. Doing it by keyboard would be much smoother.
- (2020-12-03, v:0.5.0) Fred First: My graphs disappeared
I had deselected FUZZY DATES when starting to use Roam42 but wanted it back on for muscle memory reasons. When I did, it wiped out my graphs. They opened empty. I disabled the extension but maybe reopened it a day or two later for another reason. I might have tried re-instating fuzzy date. I will miss it, but have now had to disable the toolkit when all my graphs came up blank, but return w the toolkit disabled. thought you needed to know.
- (2020-06-29, v:0.3.1) Vlad Vinogradsky: Extension doesn't work for me
Tried fuzzy dates and increment/decrement date. Neither works. No errors in the console.
- (2020-06-03, v:0.3.0) Eran Glicks: Small Request: adding a simple option to us, right-to-left language users.
Hi, please add Live Preview optional feature to open to the left of the link pointed, instead of the right. I would really appreciate it! [email protected]
- (2020-03-23, v:0.1.1) John Camacho: Does not workfor me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
So I was trying out both the increase/decrease number or date and the shortcuts do not work for me. I also tried changing the shortcuts but while the new shortcut saved, it also didn't work. Also Alt-K, the shortcut to delete a block, didn't work.