A simple Chrome Extension to quickly duplicate events on Google Calendar.
This extension adds a "Duplicate event" icon on the event preview card, letting you quickly duplicate it with one single click. You can also quickly duplicate an event by holding alt (option on Mac OS) while clicking the event. --- Source code: https://github.com/fabiosangregorio/google-calendar-quick-duplicate
- (2022-08-02) Tami Laughlin: Great! Thank you very much to the person who developed this!
- (2022-07-27) Olivié Charbonneau: Simple et efficace, comme annoncé.
- (2022-06-05) Frederick Basken: fantastic extension, does what it does perfectly and with no fuss or extra parts
- (2022-05-30) Nikolai Bozhenov: It could be a great extension if it worked with tasks. Instead, it deletes any task that I try to duplicate.
- (2022-05-18) kristi prifti: Thank You . You doing something that google should have done a long time ago. Great work .
- (2022-05-17) Michael Becker: Works great! I can't believe this feature isn't built into google itself! Works exactly as described and MUCH faster than doing it manually!
- (2022-05-12) Bartosz Woltański: Thank you! I needed this so much. May Odin bless your glourious self.
- (2022-05-07) E J: Absolute thundercocked Chad. Thank you for sharing this. I was 2 second away from trying to make my own out of frustration.
- (2022-04-20) Sebastián Cardozo: Simple and very helpful!
- (2022-04-20) Mike M: When I click "duplicate" it just deletes the task...
- (2022-02-11) Daniel Cervenkov: Great timesaver. Sometimes seems to switch to a different view (3-day) from the one I'm using (week), though. Ideally, I'd like to see an extension (or native GCal functionality) that would allow me to CTRL-drag an event to a different day/time to clone it. Since that doesn't seem to exist, this is the next best thing.
- (2021-10-29) Taha Khudhur: Great functionality
- (2021-09-30) Ian Lyons: I love this for putting in the same information for different dates. Duplicate the event , then in the monthly schedule just drag the duplicated event to the appropriate date I want. Done. This extension has saved me so much hassle and time. As others have stated "Keep your finger on the keyboard shortcut key so you can quickly jump back (W) for week (X) for 4 days" - has some tendency to switch between the monthly to daily view.
- (2021-09-12) Appuntamenti TSA: WORKS GREAT :-) I've been waiting this for this for a long time Thank you so much
- (2021-08-26) Ido Sever: simple and works great. great job!
- (2021-06-01) Timothy Barbarino: Bit clunky but adds an absolutely vital feature that I can't believe isn't built in by our Google overlords.
- (2021-05-08) Siân: Love the functionality but the bug of it switching to a random day in day view is making it just as cumbersome as doing it without the extension.
- (2021-03-29) Mathcott: COULD be super helpful, but everytime I use it it takes me from the "week" view I normally use back to the "day" view - and three days back, so it actually creates more work to duplicate something. Love the idea, few tweaks and it could be great!
- (2021-03-10) Максим Журавлев: Just works
- (2020-11-17) Jean-Christophe Cabot: I've been waiting for this for such a long time ! Thank you so much !
- (2020-11-02) Jochem van der Zaag: Amazing functionality, thank you for making this! However, it doesnt seem to work with out-of-office events, and seeing as these cannot be made as repeating events, i would want to use this extension for that purpose.
- (2020-10-01) Erich Luedtke: Excellent timesaver. It makes time blocking repetitive tasks much easier to duplicate/create. An easy way to duplicate an event on the same calendar with the same length and title is a feature that has been missing from Google calendar from the start, I'm grateful for this little shortcut. TIP: If you run into the problem of the view changing like Katiana had. Keep your finger on the keyboard shortcut key so you can quickly jump back (W) for week (X) for 4 days etc - Hit Reload on the page if it starts taking you back a couple of weeks or something Simplistic & safe implementation too. It doesn't require calendar authorization, it is simply doing all the painstaking steps you normally do clicking and going into menus -- though it does this really fast. Thank you!
- (2020-07-17) Katiana Louis: Such a timesaver. I love it and will use it forever. However with the new update whenever I duplicate an event it takes me back 12 days and with a different view "week" instead of "four days." This is extremely frustrating, as you can imagine.
- (2022-07-09, v:1.1.0) Patrik: Deletes Tasks instead of duplicating
Hi, this works great for calendar events. But for Tasks that have a set time (i.e. they show up in the calendar views), pressing the new Duplicate button just deletes them instead of copying. Same if I use the keyboard shortcut. Also, if I accidentally delete a task this way, something gets "stuck" and everytime I click a task it simply deletes them instead of opening the info-popup. Reloading the page makes it unstuck, but it's easy to accidentally delete a few tasks before you realize what's going on.
- (2022-06-20, v:1.1.0) Raghavendra Mani: Quick Duplicate in Side Panel
HI Quick Duplicate Team, Please try to include event duplication feature while accessing calendar via the gmail side panel as well. Regards, Raghavendra Mani
- (2022-02-03, v:1.1.0) Dino Kir: Day view
Hello, I find your extension very useful. But, why when I start the duplication from a Month view, after I see the day view? Thanks
- (2022-01-19, v:1.1.0) Ben Peilow: Shortcut Issue
Hi there, I cant seem to use a keyboard shortcut on my mac (cmd?) to create a new duplication? Any thoughts or am I missing something?
- (2021-11-30, v:1.0.3) Hunter Wilhelm: Events named "Lunch" break
I named an event "Lunch" and the button doesn't work as expected because it has a background image that is messing up the css or html.
- (2021-08-12, v:1.0.3) Crystal Cross: Back to editing
Hello, this is a great feature. Is it possible for you all to make it where I do not have to click back to editing to change the date. Duplicate the event and allow me to automatically update the date just as it does in Google Calendar. Having to click the back to editing button is an unnecessary step.
- (2020-08-04, v:1.0.3) Jerry Gershman: Multiple dates
Very interested in this extension but I may be missing a step or sequence. I can duplicate in same date (not sure why that is helpful) but how do/can I quickly replicate onto one or more different dates for same event? Hoping your extension eliminates the "copy, paste" routines.
- (2020-07-27, v:1.0.3) Christopher Toh: View switched to Daily view after duplicating event
Hi Fabio, just gave the extension a quick test! Thanks for creating this as it has been a timesaver. Just a small issue – after duplicating the event, I'm brought to the daily view instead of the weekly view which is the initial view I'm working out of. Is this a known limitation issue or something which can be fixed?