Provides access to playlists and albums in a tree view and controls the Spotify Web Player through a quick and easy popup player.
SpotifyTree is an extension that provides full access to playlists and saved albums in a tree view and controls the Spotify Web Player through a quick and easy popup player. There is no need to switch to the Spotify Web Player page, so your browsing experience remains uninterrupted. It's easy and extremely convenient. Give it a try! Let me know if you want other functions added. Note: extension needs to be authorized by Spotify. At first start there will be a prompt to a webpage where you can choose to grant your access. This is one-time step and access can be revoked anytime using your Spotify account. In addition, Spotify Web Player changes from time to time, that cause extension to stop working; please upgrade to the last version if you experiencing such issues. You can you help support extension continued development by making a small contribution: https://www.paypal.me/selectionsk/ Functions: ✓ Shows playlists in a tree view (playlists folders supported) and allows to play them with one click. Featured playlists (prepared for you by Spotify) can be shown as well. ✓ Shows saved albums sorted by artist in a tree view and allows to play them with one click. ✓ Playlists and saved albums can be auto played. ✓ Quick and easy popup player that controls the Spotify Web Player. ✓ Icon's tooltip shows name of currently playing song and artist. ✓ Supports basic keyboard shortcuts for previous(Ctrl+Shift+Left), play\pause(Ctrl+Shift+Down), next(Ctrl+Shift+Right). All shortcuts can be changed in the preferences. ✓ Shows playback info (song\artist) on track change (can be enabled\disabled in the preferences). Playback info can be shown at any time using Ctrl+Shift-Up keyboard shortcut. ✓ In all cases there is no need to switch to the Spotify Web Player page, so your browsing experience remains uninterrupted. ✓ Especially helpful if you have dozens of playlists and saved albums. ✓ Spotify Web Player improvements: show track numbers, show total playlist or album time, show artist details and album details in the tooltip. The extension is also available for Firefox at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spotifytree/. Thank you for being interested in SpotifyTree. Please submit your suggestions and report issues on https://bitbucket.org/ashemetov/spotifytree/issues. You can contribute by helping translate SpotifyTree on Crowdin: https://crwd.in/spotifytree.
- (2021-07-05) Joshua Tan: WOW THIS IS SO GOOD! Nothing but love for this extension, especially how you can open any of your playlists by just right-clicking!
- (2021-05-26) andrew collazos: Before it was working well without any problem but now it is failed it does not show when it is played, but you can lower the volume but you do not see the name of the song or you can pause it or go to another song
- (2021-03-15) Johanna D. Alvarado: This is by far one of my favorite Spotify extensions. However, the design could improve a little aesthetically. Very well done
- (2021-02-08) Alexander McGowan: It seems to work great and has a lot of nice features. HOWEVER, it keeps randomly opening new tabs. Although the tabs close themselves, they are very disruptive and kept messing up what I was doing. It's possible something else was causing this, but I disabled the extension and it stopped.
- (2020-09-14) Владимир Кучин: gut
- (2018-11-06) Peter Mello: What a brilliant idea! This actually gives the Spotify web player a raison d'être rather than just being something to make me mutter a curse as I summon their desktop player app I wanted to use in the first place. ;)
- (2019-10-11, v:2.3) Phoenix Lilly: Notifications
Hi, I love the player and it's really helpful, but every time it goes to a new song it gives me a windows notification and I can't seem to turn it off. Any ideas what's causing this and how to fix? Thanks!
- (2019-04-07, v:1.8) Angela Drummond: new account that contains "tree"
Password did not have one