Make GIFs out of your favorite Netflix TV shows and movies.
Create GIFs from Netflix in 4 easy steps: 1) Press the "g" key on your Netflix tab 2) Select the "Netflix" button that comes up (under "Chrome Tabs") to start recording 3) Press "stop" when the GIF-worthy scene has finished 4) Wait (up to 30 sec) for your GIF to be generated and delivered to your downloads folder.
- (2021-07-02) Emily Brown: It's great. I wish the quality could be a little better though. Another thing that would be greater would be if it didn't capture my mouse on the screen, and if it didn't ask me to pick what I want to record specifically. I'd prefer if I could just press g and it would record the show instead of prompting me with a menu.
- (2021-05-21) Melanie Le Berre: Works 1 time ouf of 3, not reliable - very disappointed. It always opens the menu but no file gets downloaded. I've seen other reviews saying this also and tried their trick: restarting the page, restarting Chrome etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Very frustrating. Now looking for other options, I am not satisfied.
- (2021-04-17) Zachary Rayne: Captures the computer mouse making the video useless. Extremely tiny videos. Video changes size for a moment as gif begins/stops.
- (2021-01-15) A G: I'm on Netflix, the show is playing, I press the 'G', and I don't get the menu shown in the 'Overview' section. Instead, I get the following menu: Netflix GIFs This can read and change site data > Options Remove from Chrome... Unpin Manage extensions I've restarted my Chrome multiple times, installing and uninstalling the extension; still no change to the actionable menu. Is this a joke?
- (2020-11-30) Chris Lucas: Functional and very easy to use, but didn't meet my needs. The palette of my gifs seemed really low making the gif feel low quality. I was unable to make a gif longer than about 7 seconds. Picking an accurate start/end time is really difficult, though that's probably a limitation of how the extension captures the video via Chrome's tab casting.
- (2020-10-14) Stephanie Skubis: I can start and stop recording (shows a blinking record icon in the Netflix tab), but it wont download after I press stop. I tried restarting my browser and computer multiple times but it still wont download. Not sure what's happening.
- (2020-09-13) T Nicole: The gif wasn't clear at all and had major lag.
- (2020-07-23) Vivek Matta: This is one of the best gif extensions there is. I always wished there was a way to make a gif from a tv show on Netflix. This is a game changer because no I can show off to my friends funny gifs I created from Netflix
- (2020-07-23) Qismat Vibes: Such a great extension man! It's everything I could ever ask for! I've always watched netflix and wished that I could make a gif from my favorite scenes. I'm really thankful for the creator of this extension. It really breaks my heart that there are haters that have nothing better to do than write a terrible review of this extension. Truly breaks my heart. I personally don't know the creator of this extension, but if I ever met him, I'd think he'd be a really cool and nice guy! And you know what they say: "All mud is poop at the end of the day". Thanks and regards, Enrique
- (2020-07-22) Ylva Berggren: I can't even get it to open, the button "g" isn't opening anything, and pressing the menu of the extention doesn't give an option to use it.
- (2020-07-18) Erhart: Quality is too low - as if I'm recording GIF on smartphone from the TV screen. Getting lame bluish overlay of blinking pixels not present in the original video. Length is limited, about 10 sec only. Records movement of the cursor. With average speed about 8 mb/s I get GIF after 5-7 minutes of waiting. So, this is for someone with small simple needs. No good for desired cinematic GIF's, sadly.
- (2020-07-13) Nisha Matta: Awesome extension! I've been looking for something like this for a really long time, and I'm so pleased with the quality. Highly recommend!
- (2020-07-09) Dominique de Ruiter: It says all you have to do is to press the g-key but nothing happens !! Tried it also with ctrl+g, alt+ctrl+g, windows+g, shift+g. This is very anoying! So if anyone knows the trick ...
- (2020-07-08) Matt Hayduke: I really want to like this for the simplicity of use and what it accomplishes, but the quality of the GIFs are so low that they're not really useful. Maybe if there was a way to do a quality slider to make larger files for higher quality.
- (2020-06-27) G. N.: works but the gif quality is fairly low!