AI memory assistant for Anki – remember everything you read by automatically generating question cards from text.
🧠 Memorai is an AI to help you remember anything you read with minimal effort. 1. Select a passage you want to remember, right-click '🧠 Add to memorai'. 2. Our AI assistant reads the text and automatically creates a set of flash-cards questions. 3. Click the Memorai 🧠extension to see/edit the questions and send them to Anki. HOW TO INSTALL You need Anki installed for this to work. 1. Install this chrome extension 2. Open Anki (to install go to [https://apps.ankiweb.net/](https://apps.ankiweb.net/) and download Anki for your desktop) 3. Add AnkiConnect add-on so this can send cards to anki • Tools > Add ons • Click 'Get Add ons...' and a box will appear asking for a code • Paste `2055492159` in the box and click OK HOW IT WORKS There are two parts to Memorai – an AI assistant that generates questions to quiz you and a powerful memory technique called spaced repetition. 1. You're browsing the internet when you come across a something you'd like to remember. 2. You highlight that text, rightclick and "add to Memorai", you will see the Memorai brain go pink. 3. Our AI assistant reads the text and automatically creates a set of flash-cards questions. 4. We spend 5 minutes quizzing you to help you remember BUT we don't quiz you all at once. Instead we use a memory technique called spaced repetition. We quiz you on day one and, if you remember, we quiz you again a week later and then a month later and then a few months later. We use Anki to automatically adjust the spacing between questions so that what you want to remember stays in your long term memory. After just 5 minutes of work (spread across a few weeks) you will have almost effortlessly learned whatever you wanted to remember! WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US "This is perfect for remembering things from Medium!" - deliverator-487026 "Super cool! Lot of potential with this, look forward to how you develop it further." -- azl3n "This could be really cool even when learning a new language". -- pkadi
- (2021-07-30) Grace Koo: I can't use it. I like its idea but nothing works.After I clicked on "Send to Anki", I can't find what I added. And there's no any settings for deck and type selection, no wonder something is wrong.
- (2021-02-24) Rayan Abboud: Incredible Idea with room for improvement. This is the perfect addon idea for long term retention of facts and articles. Some features that I am personally looking for in this type of solution are as follows: 1. Highlights that remain after a cards is made 2. Ability to customize the number of cloze's created 3. Automatically create a hyperlink in the anki card to the source website (this would be huuuge) 4. Instant add to anki hotkey (instead of highlight > right-click > memorai drop down > then click send to anki) (ideally: highlight > hotkey. that's it.) As it stands it's too many button clicks, because my native solution to this would be: highlight text > copy > paste into anki > create manual cloze > create card So currently the addon does not really save too much time (1 button click) to the default method of card creation, and does not add much to that workflow. If it is within your ability to do so, I think streamlining this addon with the use of hotkeys and adding permanent highlights to the website/article would be huge steps in making this addon extremely beneficial and practical.
- (2021-01-31) Mojtaba Vahdati: Why not allow sending custom questions to Anki and instead use AI for it? I know it's free work and it's taken your precious time, but I don't understand the 5 questions it's made, some of them are from the middle of the sentences and some other are whole sentences picked from the text I've pasted. Sorry, maybe I'm not "getting" it.
- (2021-01-23) Joe Kuo: I like the idea behind this. But actually I can't use it as intended. I opened anki & installed add-on & chrome ext. I can see "Connected to Anki: Connected!" in the option page. But when I clicked on "Send to Anki", nothing happened neither in anki or in the ext popup panel. Don't know what's going on. But I do love the idea. Keep fighting.
- (2020-12-08) Timo Sander: Great addon but it seems that it will only work proberly with english only at the moment. I am German so this limits it a bit. But it is still a great addon.
- (2020-11-22) Amani R: This is game-changing! This is perfect for me to retain grab bag facts from articles and I'm looking forward to applying this to my medical studies. I haven't changed the name of the Default deck - if I changed the name, would I break the connection bw Memorai and Anki? A future option to be able to select which deck to send the cards to would be awesome as well. Thanks a bunch!
- (2020-11-18) M Nastri: Hi, I've tried several ways but the extension is not sending the cards it generates to anki. The 3 stars is because I'm willing to try again in case this gets fixed in the future. Just let me know.
- (2020-11-17) Danny Wilde: Its great, works as advertised. Gonna have some fun making ANKI questions from wikipedia articles! This is a crazy life hack.
- (2020-04-16) Jordan Burgess: Creators here – we built this to solve what we see as the biggest problem with spaced repetition tools – that it's far far too much effort to go and create your cards in Anki/Quizlet. So, we built this extension to automatically turn what you read into quiz questions using our expertise in machine learning. I already find it useful for creating my Anki cards and we're excited for how much better this will soon be. Other people love it too! We were a finalist in a hackathon and this is currently top of Pioneer. Let us know how we can make this better! [email protected]