Change aspect ratio at will of most HMTL5 videos, ideal for ultrawide resolutions.
*IMPORTANT* Make sure to disable other "ultrawide" extensions before trying this one, to avoid potential conflicts. If your video gets stretched instead of cropped, this is because of a recent Nvidia and Chrome bug, as a workaround you should disable hardware acceleration on Chrome advanced settings to avoid this temporal bug. --- Change aspect ratio of any HTML5 video on ANY WEBSITE, removing fixed blackbars from videos and correcting the aspect ratio, by clicking on the extension icon or by pressing the F9 key (must be enabled in Configuration first). ● Works in ANY website, tested on major video websites like YouTube, Netflix, Disney+, Vimeo, Twitch, and many more. ● On YouTube an action button will be added in the player controls for easier access. ● Works whatever the video is on fullscreen or not. This extension is made for 21:9 ultrawide screen resolutions (like 2560x1080, 3440x1440 for example), whoever standard 16:9 screens can benefit from it on non-fullscreen videos with fixed blackbars removing them by just using the extension, or just using it as a zoom video utility. If you find any issue don't doubt in leave feedback! Aspect Ratio Icon by Google Inc.
- (2021-11-24) twonky4: To bad it doesn't support 32:9 resolutions.
- (2021-11-23) Peter S.: This extension is doing it wrong way! Have an ultrawide 38 inches: 3980x1600. With this extension a genuine 4k video (3980x2160) will be displayed aspect-ratio compatible, which downsizes the mentioned resolution down to 2844x1600 pixel, then the new format will be cut out and the picture is zoomed to fill the 3980x1600. At the end one get a zoomed 2844 pixel instead of having full 3980, loosing sharpness. The right way is without zooming anything which is totaly unnecessary, only crop is needed.
- (2021-11-23) Wassup Joe: Doesn't work on other websites.
- (2021-11-17) Михаил Костриков: Идеально!
- (2021-11-12) Arnis: It just works. Excellent addon for ultra-wide monitor
- (2021-11-08) Jorge Barraza: Justo lo que necesitaba, super sencillo y con buena UI
- (2021-11-04) Thomas Wanda Chen: As of Nov 3, 2021, it does not work on Amazon Prime Video :(
- (2021-10-31) A Name of a User: Thank God this exists, where have you been all this time.
- (2021-10-29) Mustafa Erdurmuş: İts working
- (2021-10-14) Breno: Não funciona na Amazon Prime
- (2021-10-12) 陳昰亘: 確實有用，方便
- (2021-10-09) Andrey ScorpyX: То что нужно для экранов 21:9
- (2021-10-09) mate gamer: not works on youtube does not remove black bars fix this bug
- (2021-10-06) André Vicol: It was working until yesterday on Amazon Prime !!! fix it please !
- (2021-09-22) Bayram Sasmaz: smartredirect.de virus bunu tekrar yükledikten sonra aktif oldu yazmıştım ama bununla alakalı değilmiş thank you 5 stars ..pardon..
- (2021-09-09) Kamil Kuźnicki: great extension and super easy to use
- (2021-09-03) Tr0y Boi: It`s a really good plugin but there is some problem: if original video isn`t 16:9 (18:9, for example, many youtubers make 18:9 videos for mobile phones) then video stretching instead off zooming.
- (2021-09-01) Hanjun Yim: Perfect for 4:3 screen playing 16:9 videos that only contains 4:3 content (e.g. stupidly uploaded old 4:3 music videos that's in 16:9 such as Every Breath You Take by The Police). It used to have black bars in all 4 directions. but now I can enjoy the full screen for all its glory,
- (2021-08-31) Rio Cheng: This is extremely useful for my ultrawide screen, but I wonder if an auto zoom function could be added? When I am using YouTube Auto Play, I have to press the zoom button every time a new video starts, it would be much better if I don't have to do that.
- (2021-08-28) K타이거스톤: 정말 잘 쓰고 있었는데.. 어느날 갑자기 넷플릭스에서 안되네요 일단은 21:9 모니터이신분들은 아래와 같이 입력하면 되긴 하네요. $('video').style.width = 'auto'; $('video').style.height = '1420px'; 3440x1440 으로 하니까 안먹는데 그건 왜그런지 모르겠습니다;
- (2021-08-25) Ernie Joseph Cledera: It was okay for me. However, sometimes in certain videos, if you zoom it, it becomes weirdly stretched and wide.
- (2021-08-23) SpoDEy: Press F9 and fix the silly black bars for the video to fill my ultrawide monitor! The exact fix I needed!
- (2021-08-19) Isle7: Just got an ultrawide monitor and was pretty upset when i saw the bars. For movies, i think its best to just download them (bye bye amazon prime and netflix). VLC player for example has 2.35:1, 2.39:1 aspect ratios which work like a charm. For youtube however, this is a life-saver!
- (2021-08-17) JB Blocboy: it works so easily
- (2021-08-17) Витёк Ангелов: странно, что на сайте до сих пор не сделали функцию приближения. если с телефонами все понятно, сегодня в каждой моделе растянутый в высоту экран с нестандартным соотношением, но это не значит, что владельцев мониторов, отличных от 16:9, нет. да даже речь не про ультравайд, а даже просто допустим на 16:10 убрать полосы.
- (2021-08-08) Adam Evans: Awesome! It just works as simple as on smartphone! I love it!
- (2021-08-02) Cluzey: idk what to do
- (2021-08-01) Xandar Chabrieay: Doesn't work on amazon!
- (2021-07-28) Svetozar Blajev: Well... It works. I dont know why there are people saying it doesn't work, because it does.
- (2021-07-28) Carlos: Funciona correctamente.
- (2021-07-25) Marc Denham: Works well so far
- (2021-07-07) prajwal devadiga: i it is not not zooming when we make full screen \
- (2021-07-02) Alim: Awesome realisation of the idea of stretching the video for ultra wide screens. Especially I like the additional button on YouTube! It does solve an important problem for 21:9 ration monitor owners. You might add some functionality in further updates, however in my case it is already a must-have extension.
- (2021-06-28) Ahmet Erden: Works like a charm.
- (2021-06-27) Stefan van der Vlist: It works. Finally one that works. It does what it says it does.
- (2021-06-17) Piotr Misiorek: It's great extension but it doesn't work for Apple TV+
- (2021-06-12) Daniel McCormick: works well on most sites. hbomax zooms but its off center and pushes the focus off the screen tho
- (2021-06-09) Adrian Howe: Awesome! I had several wide screen extensions (ultrawidify, disney widescreen etc) that worked brilliantly for a while, but over the last few months they seemed to just start stretching horizontally and warping the image (leaving black bars at top and bottom) no matter what i did, none of them seemed to be working like they used to. Just tried this extension and I'm back to full widescreening again. many thanks!
- (2021-06-07) Merd Turkcapar: Finally a practical ultrawide extension.
- (2021-05-29) Zenon Sommers: Unusable on MS Edge because the F9 hotkey, which is the only option, conflicts with the browser's native reader utility. The option to change the hotkey should be a no-brainer, but these developers didn't include it.
- (2021-04-28) Sal Frank: Simple program that works well.
- (2021-04-19) nitin vaid: i do love this extension but it seems its not working for me i am on 16:9 monitor 2K zoom to fill option in YouTube or even F9 not working if i quite youtube from full screen and use that fill icon it works in window mode....
- (2021-04-19) Juan Andrés Blanco Antezana: You're a wonderful person for making this. Works flawlessly in 21:9 monitor. THANK YOU!! :)
- (2021-04-18) Don McKinney III: Removes the black bars perfectly for me but I do loose part of the top and bottom of my screen, so most of the time I cannot read captions with this enabled, for things like anime this could be an issue. I wish they will add a feature where you can customize the sizing.
- (2021-04-15) Zain Meer: works beautifully, better than the other ones because the last one I tried wouldn't work on fullscreen for youtube
- (2021-04-14) sea winds: This is perfect for my ultra wide (21:9) monitor, but I need an extra option (width-limit) for 32:9 monitor. Anyway I'm very happy with this extension.
- (2021-04-11) Tw0Zer0: То что я искал! Большое спасибо!
- (2021-04-09) Александр Савинков: лучшее расширение для 21 к 9
- (2021-04-03) Mr.Classic Gamer: geht gut dank dir
- (2021-03-29) Kenneth: it doesnt work at all
- (2021-10-18, v:1.0.2) Valens Sulaiman: Ultra wide video netflix series
Hi team, I don't seem to be able to stretch those video to 4:3 ratio even after pressing F9 while I am watching netflix? Can you please help? Thanks Valens
- (2021-10-16, v:1.0.2) Steven Romero: subtitles are not working on disney +
subtitles disappear when enlarger to 20:1
- (2021-10-06, v:1.0.2) Oliver Gregory: Vudu
Does this extension work for vudu? It's been working well for me on other apps like disney+, but it doesn't seem to do anything with Vudu.
- (2021-09-17, v:1.0.2) Bill Faulk: Didn't work for me - zoomed but pushed video off center down and right
I'm using Chrome (93.0.4577.82) and tried this with HBOMax. F9 activates the zoom and the video is enlarged but the top left point of the video is pushed down and to the right instead of up and left.
- (2021-09-10, v:1.0.2) Ernie Joseph Cledera: Netflix
Doesnt work on netflix anymore. 09.09.2021
- (2021-05-22, v:1.0.2) Vegar Wiik Olsen: Fix for "stretching" bug without disabling HW acceleration
If you go to chrome://flags (edge://flags on edge) and set the "Choose ANGLE graphics backend" flag to OpenGL or D3D11on12, the issue is no longer present and you still get hardware acceleration.
- (2021-04-14, v:1.0.2) Sam M: Stooped working
I love love love your extension, however, as of today it seems to have stopped working, for me, on Amazon. It still acts normally on other sites but I am unable to activate it while watching "Them" on Amazon. Of unknown relevancy is the fact that I had a Windows 10 update that was applied today.
- (2021-03-19, v:1.0.2) Sheikh Umar: slect aap
- (2021-02-25, v:1.0.2) TrueGamer: Incorrect zooming
I noticed recently that when you press it to zoom the video goes to the bottom of the screen and doesn't fill it self in anymore
- (2021-02-05, v:1.0.2) Ryen Lee: Amazon Prime video?
is there anyway to make this work on amazon prime video
- (2021-01-28, v:1.0.1) Gabriel Mz: Important message from the developer
If you are having issues with the functionality, in the sense of that the extensions stretches the video instead of filling the frame; keep in mind this is a recent Chrome bug, for now the only fix is to disable hardware acceleration of your browser. If you having the other issue, that is: the extension get installed, adds the button to the player but the extension doesn't do anything at all across multiples websites, this is highly probably because you are trying to use the extension together with other extensions that do the same thing, you need to disable them first.
- (2021-01-25, v:1.0.1) Igor Jacaúna: Is not working more with Chromium based browsers
It fill horizontally, but vertically persist the black bars...
- (2021-01-09, v:1.0.1) Brian Buckley: Zoom to Fill for Different Aspect Ratios
Hi, I wanted to see if it's possible to use the zoom to fill feature for aspect ratios other than ultrawide. I'm on a laptop with a 3:2 display and would love to do the same except cut the content off vertically instead of horizontally. Is there any way to enter custom resolutions or aspect ratios? Thanks.
- (2021-01-07, v:1.0.1) 예슬: Please change it to the old version.
When I used it last year, the screen was enlarged to the same proportion, so the screen didn't cut even if it was enlarged, but the top and bottom of the screen were cut off after the update, so uncomfortable. I want you to change it back to the old version.
- (2021-01-06, v:1.0.1) Marijn van den Berg: Doesn't work full screen
Great idea, problem is it doesn't work full screen; it just stretsches horizontally instead of filling. Youtube theatre mode works fine, just not full screen.
- (2020-12-06, v:1.0.1) J Davis: cuts off heads
I have a 49" ultrawide monitor. I'd love to use this extension to fill my screen without loosing the tops of videos. Is this possible, Thanks!
- (2020-10-22, v:1.0.1) Dave North: hi, please can you tell me hwat I am doing wrong as I cannot get this to work.
I have installed the extension, gone into options and enabled f9. Refreshed everything and the symbol comes up on the videos but it does nothing
- (2020-09-23, v:1.0.1) Morten Ulveseth: Other sites than youtube...
Possible to enable this extention on other sites like Reddit? Not a huge deal to click on through Youtube, but would be handy to be able to have the button available everywhere where youtube videos are present.
- (2020-09-05, v:1.0.1) Ethan Pierce: Suddenly it broke
It worked fine on both my Chromebook and my Windows computer, but now it doesn't work right on my Windows computer anymore.
- (2020-08-31, v:1.0.1) FLUFFY BIRD gaming: how to use it
how to use it