Block the feed on LinkedIn
Introducing Feed Blocker for LinkedIn. UPDATE IN VERSION 1.1: -> Added the feature to block out the "Today's most viewed courses" FEATURES -> Block your LinkedIn Feed -> Block LinkedIn's "Today's News and Views" -> Block LinkedIn's "Today's most viewed courses" FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: WHEN I CLICK ON THE TOGGLE, IT DOESN'T BLOCK THE FEED! WHAT'S GOING ON? LinkedIn frequently releases new code. If it doesn't work, it's probably because LinkedIn just recently updated their code base. If I notice it, I will fix it and push an update to this extension. Feel free to comment within the reviews tab if no update has occurred. WHY DOES IT REQUIRE MY BROWSING HISTORY? The browsing history permission is very misleading here. I require to use the Chrome tabs API (https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs). Chrome tabs API has functions to access your browsing history. This extension only uses the onUpdated event (https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs#event-onUpdated) of the Chrome tabs API. This is because LinkedIn works as a single paged application. I need the Chrome tabs api information to indicate when the url in the browser has changed. This is because I would need to remove the 'feed' and the "Today's news" again when a user goes back onto the feed. Without the tabs api, when you click onto another tab (such as LinkedIn Messaging) and then click back onto LinkedIn Home, the feed and news will reload back onto the page (when it should be removed). GITHUB: https://github.com/darrentu/Feed-Blocker-for-LinkedIn DISCLAIMER: I do not store any of your data. The only data that is stored is kept on your own computer. This is needed for chrome to remember what you selected to hide when you refresh your page. Feed Blocker for LinkedIn is not affiliated with LinkedIn.
- (2021-07-01) Clem: This is an essential extension to remove some of the digital noise. Thanks a lot!
- (2021-06-08) Conrad Ruiz: This saves me so much time from getting sucked into the news feed when all I wanted to do was quickly search a profile or answer a DM. Thanks so much Darren!
- (2021-04-14) Jean-Michel Garnier: Love the feature to enable and disable the feed. Thank you very much for sharing.
- (2021-04-10) Josias Ochoa-Lozano: Have you considered making a tool for instagram on chrome desktop to block stories and suggestions for you?
- (2021-04-07) Voilier Bleu: 0, ne marche pas, j'ai toujours les pubs. Hop, poubelle ! 0, not working, i still have the adds. Hop, thrashed !
- (2021-03-12) Jerried Walker: Excellent, excellent, excellent. To the creator's thank you for making this. Still works in match 2021.
- (2021-03-04) Augusto Camargo: I just works.
- (2020-12-06) Alex: Why do you need access to my browsing history?
- (2020-10-27) Job Baart de la Faille: Awesome. One buggy thingy: after I disable and show the feed, when I turn it back on it still shows the feed.
- (2020-10-14) Adara Parker: Works as expected! Thank you for building such a helpful tool!
- (2020-08-18) Amara Abara: It worked immediately, thank you!
- (2020-08-03) Immanuel Odisho: Great and clever idea. Works as described!
- (2020-06-27) Ian Francis: Excellent tool that works exactly as advertised! I personally use it to hide the Today's News section, so that LinkedIn looks a lot cleaner and less cluttered.
- (2020-06-23) Mark Appleby: Does what it says on the tin. The feed does appear on screen for a second or so before the extension kicks in to hide it. It would be nice if the extensions was able to prevent this initial flash of the feed.
- (2020-06-22) Daniel Mitchell: Does what is says it does :)