Fix wireless audio streaming delay for YouTube
There is always a delay when streaming audio from your device to a receiver (Apple TV, AirPlay speakers, Sonos, Network Player, TuneBlade, Bluetooth, etc.). This is not a big issue when streaming music but any video will become out of sync. This Chrome Extension attempts to solve this problem for YouTube. The extension allows adjusting to a positive delay as well as a negative one making it possible to correct any YouTube video that has been uploaded out of sync. One time set up: - Play a YouTube video - Right click on the extension icon, then click on Options - Adjust the latency slider until the audio becomes in sync with the video - You can enable/disable the sync adjustment by clicking on the extension's icon. YouTube Audio/Video Sync works by muting the original video and reloading only the audio adjusted to the selected delay. Note: -YouTube Live Videos are not supported. -This extension (at least for now) will only work on youtube.com, embedded YouTube players on other websites will not work. This is an open source project, licensed under GPLv3 https://github.com/adrian-ilie/av-sync
- (2021-01-16) Louis Clava: Works perfectly and very simple easy to use interface. More people need to find out about this extension!
- (2021-01-11) Warren Terrall: Not sure if a recent update broke it, but adjusting the slider has no effect on the audio delay, and there are no controls in the youtube player even after restarting Chrome.
- (2021-01-06) yeet y?: Thank you so much for this tool! Works perfectly on YouTube.
- (2021-01-01) Игорь Килин: overall good. pls do more tests to eliminate glithes (especially at start of clips)
- (2020-12-26) Lorenzo Perucelli: Amazing Extension. It fix problem with Bose Portable Speaker AV Sync. Little noise if you change volume sliding the tab. It would be useful for all the app like Netflix, RAIplay, Prime Video etc.. One Cons: When you change video the volume seems not taking into account the previous level, so each time a new video starts, the volume is at maximum volume.
- (2020-12-21) Bodo M: Does what I want
- (2020-12-18) Ryan Clark: Finally I can have synced audio when playing youtube on my bluetooth headphones!
- (2020-12-05) Sébastien Katana: Works perfectly thank you !! Could you do the same for netflix ? :)
- (2020-11-30) Geoff Davids: Works great, integrates really well with the video viewer as well. Would be the final touch if you could persist sync changes made on the viewer for the rest of that browser session.
- (2020-11-23) SoloAlguien: It works perfectly! Much better than others. My only suggestion would be that the subtitles also sync with the audio, but it's still very helpful!
- (2020-10-31) Flu x: Works! Thank you!
- (2020-10-15) Timothy Chua: Worked like a charm!
- (2020-10-11) Jason Burgett: This extension works incredibly well! It's simple to use and makes my Bluetooth earbuds work as well as if they were hardwired.
- (2020-10-06) D Coetzee: Works just as intended. For the first time I can watch vids on my Bose 700 headphones with lips matching, added a delay of about 163 ms. Was tricky finding the right delay and sometimes there are small glitches during seeks but it's worth it. Hopefully the next gen of headphones with have aptX Low Latency and make this obsolete.
- (2020-09-30) sacul135: Tried a few and this is by far the best
- (2020-09-29) Robert (Jamie) Munro: Great, small extension, does what is needed. Doesn't work for live videos, but still displays the UI, which is a bit annoying. It would be good if it could detect that it couldn't working and be greyed out or something. Other features that would be great: * Remember the delay needed per-video, not globally & allow some way of sharing the information (perhaps paste it in a YouTube comment) * Button to switch the delay off temporarily to check you are actually making an improvement, not making it worse.
- (2020-09-26) 이수민: Great! Exactly what I want!
- (2020-09-02) Gray Wolf: u will love it.
- (2020-08-29) Tang Michael: Excellent work
- (2020-08-20) rohit pratik: Perfect. Great interface, simple, functional, minimal, non-invasive. Controls look good even next to the time bar. Yay!
- (2020-07-08) Stevie Howard: Tried other audio sync extensions that were way too heavy and didn't do the job well. This is super simple and works well. Easy 5 stars, thank you for building this!
- (2020-07-07) Christopher Monahan: Wanted to watch a long gameplay video that was 1 second out of sync. Tried a couple different firefox and chrome plugins and all had problems or didn't work at all. This did the trick perfectly and also has a handy UI for adjusting the audio in both directions. Only wrinkle I did notice was that I needed to restart Chrome entirely before it worked. Might be good to mention that.
- (2021-01-17, v:0.1.9) Jean-Christophe Blondiau: YouTube Audio/Video Sync - permission
Before downloading this extension "YouTube Audio/Video Sync - permission", a message says: "It can; Read and change your data on all googlevideo.com sites and all youtube.com sites" Could you specify the data that can read as a result and the data that can be changed when adding and activating the extension above?
- (2020-12-23, v:0.1.9) Meister Pumuckl: Not doing anything
Sorry but it dosen't change anything. It was already a hasse to get it to show in the video (untick and tick the option) but if you set to any value it wont change anything. Have only 4 addons installed, one is ublock origin. None others concerning youtube. (Same thing with nothing happening was experienced in the fireofox addon too!)
- (2020-12-05, v:0.1.9) Tyler Yang: Great extension!!!
This exactly solved my problem of audio lag bc of wifi/bluetooth speaker!!! Thank you so much. I wonder if this extension is also possible to be used on Netflix? Thank you so much Adrian!
- (2020-07-04, v:0.1.1) Adrian Ilie: The audio keeps cutting out
If the audio keeps cutting out, you could try installing h264ify extension and see if that solves it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/h264ify/aleakchihdccplidncghkekgioiakgal On most newer machines YouTube Audio/Video Sync should be working well, but older machines might struggle to sync. This is because YouTube streams VP8/VP9 encoded video by default. "h264ify makes YouTube stream H.264 videos instead of VP8/VP9 videos."