Essential extension for any Wikipedia users. Full-featured: saves your recent wiki lookups, multi-lingual, back/forward and more!
Full-featured mini-browser/lookup tool for Wikipedia. Now 100,000 users! (Previously "Wikipedia Companion") Features: - Support all available languages in Wikipedia (New in 2.0) - Support search via context menu - Instant popup; No delay, no unneeded loading from server with our cache! - Key focus: type the moment you open it - Access to your recent lookups across any tabs and pages - Back/forward history - works like mini-browser - Multi-lingual support - Option to open featured article on startup - Select text within in the popup, then right click to search - Customizable popup size Hope you like it. Notice that this is not an official add-on from the Wikipedia Foundation. Developed by Visibo Ltd.
- (2019-02-28) Steven Killeen: Didn't work. Never loaded pages in context menu.
- (2018-12-04) EdEnglish: Pop up doesn't work, it keeps showing that it's loading. 1 Star.
- (2018-08-03) Timo Hamkissa: The Pop Up does not work. Whats the point of this if not working. Come on!
- (2018-03-11) Nick Pavao: pop menu doesnt work which is the biggest feature on this. also there is never a response on the support tab. people have been reaching out for assistance on this issue for months and developer has not responded to any of them.
- (2018-01-13) ВАСЯ пупкин: Жуууутко тормозит! Если вообще работает. Так и не дождался загрузки сраницы во всплывающем окне.(
- (2017-10-01) Aurel Nicolae: ok
- (2017-07-31) Roosell Rodriguez: me encanta wikipedia.esel mejor del mundo.5 estrellas
- (2017-07-09) 张舜宇: 应用很不错诶 如果加入一个呼出热键就更好了
- (2017-07-01) ATLGASTATESPORTSFANx: Don't judge me. It has a open in new tab and its okay to me. Besides, I'm tired of searching in Wikipedia's whole website all along.
- (2017-03-20) Vitaly Gray: Great idea. But. XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'chrome-extension://dhgpkiiipkgmckicafkhcihkcldbdeej' is therefore not allowed access.
- (2016-12-02) Wen Sun: 应该是不更新了，都不能用了。
- (2016-05-30) 検索中で表示されない
- (2016-02-27) 浩刘: 在中国就算开了代理用小窗口也搜索不了东西，一直是进度条。希望改进，谢谢！！
- (2016-02-16) Syed Talib: Not working
- (2016-02-08) Tonk Tunk: Not working
- (2016-02-07) Dmitry Sadovnikov: do not work
- (2016-01-20) Does not work and has been unfortunately abandoned. Sad.
- (2015-11-24) Guillaume ALIROL: Ne fonctionne pas.
- (2015-09-03) Zack Abrams: Will not work
- (2015-08-29) Gabby: The developer website shows the last blog post was in early January of this year - we've been abandoned, folks. It was a real nice thought, my auto-didactic nature makes a few hours on Wikipedia with Chrome the complete nightmare (memory usage skyrockets). I'm sad to say it doesn't seem like there's another comparable option.
- (2015-07-20) Mark McKean: Extension has been broken since June (likely by Wikipedia's new mandatory https policy). This has been reported by many users on the support tab here, but the developer has provided zero response. Consider it abandoned until the developer demonstrates otherwise.
- (2015-07-01) Hunter Evans: won't produce a result after searching.
- (2015-04-25) Brian Ndlovu: THE BEST IN ITS CLASS
- (2015-04-15) E. Groeg: Your searches don't show up unless if you spell them PERFECTLY CORRECT. -_-
- (2015-03-29) prasad dasika: Very helpful, Thanks
- (2019-02-28, v:2.0) Steven Killeen: Loading...
Didn't work. Never loaded pages in context menu.
- (2018-06-05, v:2.0) Fixed Version:
Use this fixed working (as of june 2018) version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lookup-companion-for-wiki/inmfgffhfmbbhfdpaffhpdhlnnbcniho
- (2018-01-09, v:2.0) Marta Albarracin: Always loading, display no content
Hi, this is a great idea and an extension I´d love to use, however, it never shows any answers. It´s always just loading. Help. Thnks, the best day.
- (2017-08-27, v:2.0) Alexander Shapovalov: problems with search
The search box hangs in the drop-down box and finds nothing.
- (2016-05-16, v:2.0) Dmitrii Nuzhin: Business proposal
Hello! I'm interested in your chrome extension . I want to buy it with the transfer of your google account or without it which means the transfer of the chrome extension in my account. I propose the price 4 000 $. We can bargain if your users are active. e-mail:[email protected] Dmitrii
- (2016-05-16, v:2.0) Isobel Pierce: We can help you to monetize your browser extension.
****For better users experience and higher revenue!*** *Earn from $15000 per month from every 100k users. *Shorter payment term! High revenue share! *24/7 customer support *GEOs: All countries, the whole world *My email/skype: [email protected] *website: http://goo.gl/7KLHDC
- (2016-03-03, v:2.0) 墨小柒: 這Loading也太久
- (2016-02-27, v:2.0) 浩刘: 小窗口无法搜索
- (2016-02-17, v:2.0) Oscar Jurado: pop-up problem
Same problem here as the one described in multiple comments before. Still no response?!
- (2016-01-02, v:2.0) Александр Шинкунс: earn money
Earn from $7000 per month from every 100k users. Get in touch! skype: extension.monetizer email: [email protected]