Immersive yourself in YouTube videos with ambilight!
This extension will surround YouTube videos with ambilight inside your browser. No need for extra hardware like lightstrips or smart lights, it's all in your browser! And it works on both the classic and new YouTube layout. Requirement: A video card with a score of at least 5000 points in the PassMark G3D Mark benchmark is recommended. Check your video card's score here: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php With a score lower than 5000 the extension will still work but it is likely that the YouTube video page will be slow and/or stuttering. Features: 1. Ambilight control - Blur - Spread 2. Video - Auto-detect & remove black bars - Scale - Shadow size 3. Video page content - Shadow size - Immersive mode (Show only the video when you are at the top of the page) 4. Ambilight quality & performance - Synchronization quality (Energy saver, Balanced, High performance) 5. General - Switch back to the light theme when ambilight is turned off - Enabled/Disabled Advanced features: 1. Ambilight control - Edge size - Fade out start & curve - Directions (top, left, bottom, right) 2. Ambilight image adjustment - Brightness - Contrast - Saturation 3. Video - Shadow opacity - Set the black bars size manually 4. Video page content - Shadow opacity 5. Ambilight quality & performance - Show framerate - Debanding (dithering) - Limit framerate (for energy saving) - Sync video exactly - Smooth motion (frame blending) 6. General - Enable in fullscreen (Shows the surround ambilight also in fullscreen mode) Contribute You view the source code and can contribute to this open source project at https://github.com/WesselKroos/youtube-ambilight Privacy & Security This extension only runs on tabs that start with the url https://www.youtube.com. The extension will only activate the ambilight effect on YouTube's /watch page The only requests being sent are crash reports to Sentri.io. No other requests are sent to any webserver, website or api. While doing so we take into account your Do Not Track preference. For more information about Do Not Track visit https://allaboutdnt.com
- (2020-06-25) Ryan Donkor: Very good and works well with a 21:9 monitor
- (2020-01-13) Rabin upadhaya: Must use feature if you love to watch your favorite videos and experience the ambiance.
- (2019-12-28) Kyle B: This is crazy cool, why is this not uber popular - I LOVE this!!!
- (2019-07-14) Ptōchos: Все работает отлично!!
- (2019-03-05) I'm using it since this year and it was lagging previously and still working. But it seems to be fixed around februari. Awesome support so far!
- (2019-01-18) D-Dog: it gives an immersive experience. the only problem is it makes youtube lag a lot
- (2019-01-16) yeah it doesn't work, no option the change settings in the youtube video like the extension claims. just makes my you tube on off-gray color
- (2019-12-14, v:2.30) Tee Dub: Video Options/Menu display remains on-screen [on the youtube video]...
Hi Wessel, I recently re-enabled your Ext. to check out the updates... Is the on-screen options menu meant to stay on the youtube video?? I am unable to hide it or fully collapse it. Thanks.
- (2019-11-06, v:2.30) Iamasink: Why does it now want Browsing History Permissions?
Why does it now want Browsing History Permissions?