Blurs out your background during a Google Meet or Hangouts video call.
Have to take a video call, but don't want people to be distracted by your background? Use this free chrome extension that blurs out your background during a Google Meet or Hangouts video call. * Control your desired level of blur: Use the slider to change the amount of background blur. * Privacy focused: All image processing happens locally in your browser. * On / Off switch: Easily turn the background blur on or off during a call using the On / Off switch at the top left of your screen. If you want to completely turn off the extension, go to chrome://extension and switch the extension off, then click reload on any active Google Meet or Hangouts call. This chrome extension works thanks to Google's open source TensorFlow JS and Bodypix model which allow for image segmentation to occur entirely within your browser, without a server. Known issues: - If you switch tabs, your video will stop. This is to preserve battery life. - If you have a high resolution video camera, this chrome extension may lower your video resolution to perform well. - Sometimes the background blur doesn't accurately or consistently blur out all parts of the background. Instructions: 1. Install the chrome extension by clicking the “Add to Chrome” button at the top of this page. 2. Go to meet.google.com or hangouts.google.com and start or join a video call. 3. Click the Blur: Off / On button at the top left of your screen to turn the background blur effect off or on. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] . We hope that you enjoy using it.
- (2020-11-30) Matteo Campagnoli: non mi piace
- (2020-11-30) GachaLeah 513: I like it but it doesn't blur very much of your screen
- (2020-11-20) Rahaf Shkab: i give this a 3 start because its not great it lags when I turn on my camera when i move i lag and i cant hear any one and I would like the thing at the top to go when my cursor does not move
- (2020-11-19) J Box: it is not bluring my screen
- (2020-11-19) Vishnu Jinnukunta: it's waste it dosen't work atall
- (2020-11-05) nat pena: It's not ideal. It blurs, yeah but the tracking is horrible. Blegh, good enough I guess.
- (2020-11-05) marco saldaña: es un poco mala porque no me borra todo EL fondo
- (2020-11-05) AQMAR HUSAIN: ITS VERY GOOD NO PROBLOM NO LACKING OR UNBLURING
- (2020-11-03) iftah111: very basic and poor quality
- (2020-10-31) Goh Jing Xin: very good,I love it!
- (2020-10-20) BreadKey G: works perfectly fine.
- (2020-10-20) rohina shamim: It was blurred only one side. Wastage..
- (2020-10-16) Coimbatore 123: wonderfull
- (2020-10-12) ShashankYeshwant Kota: It was good😊
- (2020-10-11) Ron Davis: Actually it works pretty well for me . Starting there were some issues but now its fine . We can on and off it at any time . Great job . And this is the only real extension available on store . Other background blur apps are fake and they don't work .
- (2020-10-09) Amy Zhu: I think this was great! Thank you for creating this since I have a really messy background 😅
- (2020-10-09) Ok stop it: I love how this extension lags me so much and when i turn it off it replays my motions in fast motion and everyone in the class is like : HOW ARE THEY SO FAST?
- (2020-10-09) Oluwatobi Abraham: It is Okay but the problem is that it sometimes cover your face so i will give it 3 stars
- (2020-10-07) iiigraceee: Very laggy and didn't blur everything, but it was fine.
- (2020-10-07) Lily: Only blurred the left side of my image and was too slow. It would be easier if I could choose which part to blur.😞
- (2020-10-06) Garrett the Carrot: This is not efficient. I'm sorry, but it only blurred out the sides of my screen, not the top, bottom, or middle. It also slowed down my own movement when it was on. I would turn around and my screen would be showing what I was doing before. I hate that. I suggest taking this down, fixing these mistakes, and putting it back up again. I will definitely be uninstalling this extension. Thanks for trying, I guess.
- (2020-10-06) Rishi Kanchi: It works perfectly on Microsoft edge, no problems whatsoever. On chrome, however, it is too laggy to use. This is pretty ironic because this is the *chrome* web store but it works better on Microsoft Edge. I would love it if you added this extention into the microsoft edge extention store.
- (2020-10-05) Ted Stewart: Doesn't blur out the background totally even in the max setting.
- (2020-10-05) Shamsudheen Kaliyatuparambu: its a good app...first when i installed the extension i thought it wont work....but when i clicked on the extension it said reload page...i realoaded then it came
- (2020-10-03) Aaditya Saroj: background blur
- (2020-12-01, v:1.1.7) Tim Smelser: Blur does not work
I can not get the Blur to work. I have tried un-installing and rebooting and I still can not get it to work.
- (2020-11-06, v:1.1.7) Sanghamitra Mohanty: Virtual Background.
Not able to remove the virtual background. Even if I blur nothing is happening. The background picture and my picture gets delayed processing so patches are coming. Even remove is not working. Please help.
- (2020-11-03, v:1.1.7) mandalinakafa: Doesnt Work
I got it, I refreshed my page, restarted my Computer, restarted chrome, It doesnt show Up. please fix this.
- (2020-10-21, v:1.1.7) Ajay Peshkar: how to use??this thios cant be used
how to use this
- (2020-10-13, v:1.1.7) Shardendu Shukla: blank screen
i have installed the extension,after installing it whole video is seeing black only in gmeet
- (2020-10-13, v:1.1.7) Shafin Islam: please fix this problem.
it doesnt work i turned on the blur button rejoined the class also restarted the laptop still no use please fix this, my class can see my rooms background clearly
- (2020-09-23, v:1.1.7) Eduardo Estevam: muito lefgal
- (2020-09-16, v:1.1.7) Zaid Meghani: no option to blur
Hi i have installed and allowed the extension and get no option to blur in Google meet. Please help
- (2020-09-09, v:1.1.7) Yann BARRAUD: Hide button on screen
Hello, It would be nice to have an option to hide on screen blur button. During the call, and have it in the menu bar...
- (2020-08-26, v:1.1.7) André Schubert: Durante a apresentação efeito não ocorre - During presentation effect does not occur
Quando estamos realizando uma apresentação, um PowerPoint, por exemplo, o efeito não permanece. When we are giving a presentation, a PowerPoint, for example, the effect does not remain.
- (2020-08-21, v:1.1.7) Quantum: Where do you turn it on from?
Can't start the blur.
- (2020-08-13, v:1.1.7) Kalliopie Lock: Does not work
No way to actually use it.
- (2020-07-28, v:1.1.7) Daniela Orozco: The blur effect does not work well
Half my body gets blured and the other half as normal. It doesn't detect the body well and only blurs a random area, which covers part of my face...
- (2020-07-18, v:1.1.7) Allief Nuriman: This Extension does not Work
There are no any options to blur my background in Google Meet.
- (2020-07-08, v:1.1.7) Joseph Torredes: Extension doesn't work
There's no option at all to make the extension work when Meet is launched
- (2020-06-29, v:1.1.7) Jonas Temple: does not work
does not work
- (2020-06-29, v:1.1.7) SHWETA MISHRA: It stopped working , What to do now ?
- (2020-06-26, v:1.1.7) Matthew Yonaki: Does not work
The extension does not work after installing. No option to turn on blur appears in the settings. Any advice?
- (2020-06-26, v:1.1.7) SHWETA MISHRA: BLURR OPTION IS NOT WORKING IN GOOGLE MEET
- (2020-06-19, v:1.1.7) Karmen Ko: Not seeing the blur option in Meet
I installed the extension but even after restarting chrome and my computer, I don't see an option to use the blur feature in Meet. Any ideas why?
- (2020-06-15, v:1.1.6) Yosevina Yosevina: Not working
Why ii isn't working? It was ok only for a month
- (2020-06-06, v:1.1.4) Muhammad Hamza Siddiqui: It blurs Screen Sharing screen as well.
It blurs the screen sharing which made me uninstall it right away. If developer can fix it, this is going to be cool. Thanks
- (2020-06-02, v:1.1.4) hades_ beast: it doesn't work
it doesn't work
- (2020-06-01, v:1.1.4) Abdullah Abduraheem: Q
HOW IT WORKS
- (2020-05-19, v:1.1.2) Matthias Schorer: Does this work on Macs?
I have installed the extension, restarted Chrome, but the blur effect does not work