Provides access to the lists of solutions for Duolingo's translation / listening challenges, and restores the correction of typos.
For more detailed information, screenshots, or if you have any support request, visit the development page of the extension here: https://github.com/blmage/duolingo-solution-viewer [Features] - Provides a link to the list of solutions of the current challenge, once you have submitted your answer. - By default, the solutions are sorted by their similarity with your answer, but you can also switch to an alphabetical sort. - Click on your answer to edit it. The similarity scores of the solutions will be refreshed accordingly. - Click on the thumbtack button to pin your reference answer, and easily compare it with all the solutions. - Filter the solutions by entering one or more words in the filter input (click on the icons on the left of a filter to refine it). - Select a word (or just a part of it) in any solution to quickly add a new filter. - Remembers the lists of solutions of each challenge, to also make them available from the corresponding forum discussions. - Displays the closest solution when the answer you submitted is incorrect. - Outlines typos in answers to listening challenges. - Strives to blend seamlessly in Duolingo's UI, and to be compatible with custom themes such as Darklingo++. [Keyboard shortcuts] After having submitted an answer to a challenge, use: - [ s ] to open the solution window, and [ Esc ] to close it, - [ r ] to open the report window, - [ d ] to open the forum discussion in a new tab. When a list of solutions is available, use: - [ f ] to focus the filter input, and [ Esc ] to leave it, - [ ↑ ] / [ ↓ ] to scroll up / down the list, - [ ← ] / [ → ] to navigate through the pages one by one, - [ Ctrl ] + [ ← ] / [ → ] to go directly to the first / last page. When the filter input is focused: - enter a word then use [ Enter ] to add a filter (see the filter shortcuts below), - use [ Backspace ] to remove the last added filter, - .. and suggestions are available: - use [ ↑ ] / [ ↓ ] to select a suggestion, - use [ Enter ] to add a filter based on the selected suggestion (shortcuts will be preserved). [Filter shortcuts] For most languages, enter: - " word " for solutions that include the exact word, - " *example " for solutions that include a word ending with "example", - " example* " for solutions that include a word beginning with "example", - " *example* " for solutions that include a word containing "example", - " -word " for solutions that do not include the exact word (wildcard variants above are also available). For languages that do not use space-separated words (such as Japanese), enter: - " word " for solutions that include the word anywhere, - " *example " for solutions ending with "example", - " example* " for solutions beginning with "example", - " =example " for exact solutions, - " -word " for solutions that do not include the word (again, all variants above are available). [Limitations] - The lists of solutions are built by flattening the original solution graphs, which are not optimized against redundancies. This can lead to lists of solutions containing lots of very similar sentences. - "Fill in the blank" challenges are based on "normal" translation challenges. The lists of solutions provided for them may therefore include sentences that do not match the blanks. [License] MIT (see https://github.com/blmage/duolingo-solution-viewer/blob/master/LICENSE) Duolingo is a registered trademark of Duolingo, Inc. This extension is not affiliated with Duolingo in any way.
- (2022-12-01) Eric Dilorenzo: DOESN'T work ON GOOGLE CHROME
- (2022-11-28) Cihat Imamoglu: Works as advertised!
- (2022-07-31) Oswaldo Fabrizio De Los Santos: The best extension/script you could possibly get for Duolingo, it is extremely useful, functional and clean--it is honestly a crime that this isn't already built in.
- (2022-02-09) john doe: The solutions to view are too confusing, why not just make a sentence instead?
- (2021-11-24) Dw Wien: I find this extension very useful, and works well.
- (2021-10-22) Yaroslav Leyn: Nice extension!
- (2021-07-29) Jue Wang: It works tremendously well for the most time in the middle of lessons, but it stops working when I'm on a random forum/discussion page of a certain question through a URL. I hope the developer can see this and try to fix it :)
- (2021-06-13) Sigmund Thomas (CKT): I really like it... Thanks so much
- (2021-05-27) Paul Allen-Webber: Loved this option and wish I had found it sooner - it would have made learning so much more effective!
- (2021-04-05) Sinan Chu: Thanks for making this extension. Very useful!
- (2021-04-01) Rod Stanley: Wow. It is amazing how many different ways you can say the same thing. Provides insight into different vocabulary. Bravo!
- (2021-02-01) Radu Maier: Great extension, could not imaigne using the site without it!
- (2021-01-30) Alyni Versite: Very handy extension. However, I found that in some countries/regions Duolingo only works with www.duolingo.[country code] like www.duolingo.cn, not the generic domain like www.duolingo.com. Could the developer allow user to manually set different URLs? This extension only works with .com.
- (2020-11-10) Jim Wilson: Super helpful to be able to see all the possible alternative solutions. Has helped my learning progress immensley.
- (2020-10-22) John Etie: I like this extension a lot but when using Edge Chromium it only suggests additional answers ever other time.
- (2020-07-30) Alexandra Laird: Amazing extension - Duo should be paying you to add this feature to their native site! 100% would recommend. Really helpful to see the nuances between languages.
- (2020-07-28) Mary Lim: Very useful for seeing the range of answers that Duolingo accepts. That helps to identify where your own answer may have gone wrong.