A simple extension for mute/unmute Google Meet calls from browser icon. Including options to by default turn microphone/camera off.
- (2023-03-09) Vitaly Krenel: I was initially reacting with 1 star rating and furious comment — now I realise that I overreacted. The developer reached out to me, shared with me his context and I felt that with such information, I'm no longer believe what I claimed before. Negative reaction was highly influenced by random combination of facts: not available website from the devs, no previous Chrome question whether to change my search engine or not, etc. We talked and I understood the basis for adding the search. I'm a tech entrepreneur and engineer myself, so I understand that making money in the early stages is difficult for anyone. Usage of search server integration was a way to get some money and keep the extension going for free. Yes, I still would prefer a one-time $10-15 payment but I believe I was wrong — such change is not a basis to discourage people building extensions. Apologies, 010pixel. There was time when I was running old laptop, lagging to the degree that I couldn't switch tabs to unmute myself when working remotely in places like coffee stores. Your extension freed me of the worries, that I would stuck in a mute mode because of not being able to switch back to the call tab. Thanks for the work!
- (2023-02-28) Vitaly Krenel: It changes the search engine — first I thought that goo-now is the chrome updated way to handle the search, but after some time I started seeing search results from Bing. Chrome marked that Easy Mute controls the search setting and cannot be changed! I feel violation of privacy — I didn't signed up for any search changes. If this developer does the change without any consent — it might be that he also collects the user data even mentioning the "Privacy respect" in the Privacy section here. Chrome web store moderators, please investigate 🙏
- (2023-02-21) Stan Satunovskyi: Changes search engine without ability to control this.
- (2023-02-17) Manuel Schwehm: Used to be great, now it forcefully changes search engine
- (2023-02-09) Sajjad Hossain: This extension used to be great but recently it is changing my default search engine. I don't know why. This is the reason giving 1 start
- (2023-01-24) Jose Manuel Martin Navarro: Changes my default search engine. Not acceptable monetization manouver.
- (2023-01-17) Michael Martinez: changes search settings to bing in most recent update. This is has nothing to do with search engines. This setting is not configurable. I am uninstalling and rating 1 star because of this.
- (2023-01-16) Jonathan Arreola: For some reason, this is making me use Bing for my browser's default search engine now. Not very happy! This extension has nothing to do with search.
- (2023-01-16) Evgeniy Ruzarh: Changed the search provider to goo-now.com without permission to do so!
- (2023-01-14) Thomas Schaaf: Changed the search provider to goo-now.com without permission to do so!
- (2022-10-14) Camilo Rivera: Muy útil y sencilla. La vengo usando hace unos meses y funciona bien.
- (2022-09-20) Could you add one more button to raise/down a hand in the call? Would be handy to not jumping around tabs in broser
- (2022-08-04) Sen Jacob: Does exactly what I need. Maybe can improve the delay time to auto mute/turn off video on launch. Also could make the analytics data collection turned off by default, or show the option just after install to let users choose!
- (2022-02-17) Bernard Tham: While it actually did mute/unmute on clicking, the notifications and the toggle (via spacebar) did not work for me... So essentially it did not help in its intended use case. This other extension "Mute for Google Meet" worked better without issues.
- (2021-11-29) Kirill Prusov: Not shown the color correctly anymore when I turn off or turn on. Before it was working.
- (2021-08-26) Sergii Vdovareize: Whould be useful to have some hotkey for it
- (2021-04-27) Root Emi521: sirve, puedo prender mi microfono sin tener que volver a la pestaña de google meet
- (2021-04-14) Michal Copko: Very good extension, simple to use and effective :)
- (2021-03-25) Paul Wicker: Makes muting with my space bar super simple for Google Meet!
- (2021-03-24) Alexa Franco: No sirve y uno de los meets que uso a diario lo silencio permanentemente y no se que hacer
- (2021-02-17) •Muhammad Dadani• -: Great extension!
- (2021-02-15) ItsAbbasCraft: This Is helpful now i dont have to scramble so i can unmute for school :D
- (2021-01-25) Amber.: It didn't work because when i clicked the extention it didn't pop up
- (2021-01-02) WUTILE gg: I am playing among us and when i am in a call with my friends i don't have to go back to the meet to unmute thanks!
- (2021-01-01) Aekansh Dixit: Very nice. Does the job very well.
- (2020-12-24) ZackStarz: nice
- (2020-12-18) savannah: I love this because when i do group projects i have a lot of tabs open so i don't have to switch to the google meet tab just to unmute, which happened often.
- (2020-12-01) Phil Barrar: Exactly what I was looking for. If we could hook up a USB button, it would be even better!
- (2020-11-30) Luis Lossada: no sirve
- (2020-11-25) Troy Porter: Perfect for my needs. Now I dont have to scramble thru my tabs to check if i am muted/unmuted - just look at the icon and click to toggle without having to find the Meet tab.
- (2020-11-23) Gabriel Raco: THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN NEEDING ALL MY LIFE!!!! This is, I think the most useful extension I have ever used!!!!! It does exactly what it says, and it even works when you are not on the tab! PLUS it has the option to automatically turn on and off your camera/microphone when you join a meet. AMAZING!!! I would give this 9875434977486482769734268 stars if I could. And I also love how it tells you what all of the colors mean on the overview page
- (2020-11-23) GamerDodo: Great extension! Now i don't have to fumble around trying to go to the tab to unmute myself
- (2020-11-23) Can of Trash: I love this extension so much; it makes my life so much easier. This is why I love it: -Bug free -Works with multiple meetings -Works when even not on the tab -Works in a separate window -Adds the option to automatically turn off your camera/mic when you join a meeting. -Its free
- (2020-10-19) Skyline X: It was okay.... The extension is really buggy, like when i join a meeting(preview room) and change my account it thinks there is another meeting. i then have to go refresh the extension which takes a while. overall, it works good and i like it.
- (2020-10-14) jazya aldossary: HimSalman i want to try it
- (2020-09-20) summer breeze: Love it
- (2020-09-17) Basel Nimer: It keeps failing my Mic when i am connected to an external piece.
- (2020-08-01) José David Herreño Erazo: Es buena, me permite estar "ahí" aunque no esté ahí... Abrir el micrófono fácilmente...
- (2023-01-17, v:1.6.0) SANTIAGO GALINDO GUTIERREZ: Problem with Bluetooth
The extension es very usefull and works perfect with wires, but when i use bluetooth headset and i change de volumen to the meet, automaticaly lose all the sounds
- (2023-01-16, v:1.6.0) Rahmat Fajar: Change search setting
Why it changes my search setting to goo-now.com?
- (2023-01-11, v:1.5.3) Patrick af Klercker: Global shortcut?
Could you make it possible for the keyboard shortcut to be global?
- (2022-09-29, v:1.5.3) Patrick af Klercker: Global shortcut?
Could you make it possible for the keyboard shortcut to be global?
- (2021-11-03, v:1.5.2) Manisha Bishop: Mute button does not show whether I'm muted or not
For a few weeks now, my easy mute button always looks green like I am unmuted no matter whether I am actually muted or not. Even if I click on it, it looks like it does actually mute me on the call, but the icon still stays the same so if I'm in a different tab then I can't tell for sure whether I'm muted or not.
- (2021-10-07, v:1.5.2) Antonio Rodriguez: It doesn't work since some time ago
You need to refresh every single time you join a meeting. Not working first time anymore
- (2021-08-12, v:1.5.2) Aarav Gautam: How To Use ??????????????????????????????
How To Use ??
- (2021-04-22, v:1.5.1) Antonio Rodriguez: Global keyboard shortcut
Hi! This is great, it's only missing global keyboard shortcuts (not only within Chrome) just like this other extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mute-for-google-meet/joahjeghhofndcnokdadmgjnoleckonf Thank you!
- (2021-03-08, v:1.4.1) David Cruz: The extension sounds great but won't start.
The extension won't start. I installed it while in a meet. Do I have to install it again so it works or leave and rejoin the meet? Thanks!
- (2020-08-22, v:1.4.0) Kaiden Retzlaff: I can't get the extension to trigger
Hi, I'm trying to setup Google Meet Easy Mute. I changed the setting for "Press spacebar to toggle" to "microphone". However, I can't get it to actually mute anything ever. The icon is always a gray microphone. Is it perhaps not detecting the meet call? Thanks!