A privacy first auto notes taker for Google Meet/Hangouts meetings.
Google Meets/Hangouts has this really cool live captions feature. This extension saves those captions as meeting notes. No meeting text or voice data is sent to any servers from this extension. All the processing happens on the client( your) end.
- (2021-02-01) Nerine Jooste: This extension just completely stopped working, even after reinstalling it
- (2020-10-14) Justin Grace: Pretty good overall but major issue is that there is no toggle to turn on and off easily in the extension menu!!! Please add asap or this is not very useful. I only want to transcribe the odd meeting.
- (2020-07-29) Steven Goold: Worked great, just wish I could completely minimize the box during the meet
- (2020-07-15) Victoria Cote: Half the time I cannot save the notes because it won't load when clicking the print button. When it does work, it is good.
- (2020-07-06) Pro Mooters: Does what it says, saves the captions as notes. UI is not the most friendly !!
- (2021-03-10, v:1.0.7) gamers gamer: not taking notes
i used it but it didnt do anything
- (2021-02-03, v:1.0.7) Alex Pascu: nothing happening
the window appears on the left side of the screen. i've turned on the captions in english, but nothing happens. doesn't look like I can press the print button or the triangle-like image i assume is a button
- (2021-01-26, v:1.0.7) Steve Hlaj: Remove user image from notes as option
Would it be possible to have some settings in the plug in such as the ability to remove the users' image (google image) from the log of the conversation so it only has their name and not an image?
- (2021-01-07, v:1.0.7) Cradle Hey: The extension is not working
My notes are not being taken? Please do let me know how to fix this issue.
- (2020-09-29, v:1.0.5) Ashwin Krishan: Meeting Notes aren't being taken
When I am in a meet call, the notes aren't getting taken
- (2020-09-25, v:1.0.5) Daniel Bushell: Stopped working today
Hi - stopped working today, end of meeting notes are just a series of "Undefined" - any ideas? Thanks
- (2020-06-23, v:1.0.2) Chris W: Yay! a working transcribe extension!!
Hi, Top job in having the only working transcribe extension since the move from "hangouts meet" to just "meet". Right now with Covid, this is really quite hot property, but can I make a couple of suggestions? firstly - a search on "meet transcribe" doesn't find this extension, it only shows up in "related", so you might want to review your title and keywords in the chrome store page and secondly, most users are going to be corporate. As the IT manager for a large charity that deals with confidential user info, I need to be sure exactly where the transcriptions are going before I can really push this out to the work environment. There isnt a lot of info about you as a developer, there is no privacy notice or GDPR info, and what we really need to see is the source code. A link to a github repo with source and something like a GPL / BSD / etc licence would put a huge number of minds at rest, and would increase takeup massively. If you added those I would more than happily roll out at work, and blog / vlog about this one one of the several platforms where I am a freelance IT reviewer / journalist. I realise that this might make it difficult in the future to closed-source the project and commercialise on it, but right now the world needs this, and needs to trust you as a developer. Hope thats a help, and keep up the good work!
- (2020-06-02, v:1.0.1) Daryle Tilroe: Pretty good for alpha - Bug though as it seems to suppress the live display of captions.
As noted an unfortunate side effect seems to to that it suppresses the live display of captions on screen.