Announce the time periodically, set custom recurring reminders and display time.
Overview Talking clock provides time reminder and custom reminder functions, suitable for time and periodic task reminders in daily work and life. It can also display date and time. Reminder methods include voice announcement and system notifications. This extension is especially suitable for people who often work for a long time with desktop computer, such as writers, programmers, and people who work remotely or indoors. • Time reminder helps to manage the time while focusing on the work. • Custom reminders are suitable for periodic daily affairs, such as "Remind me to have lunch at 11:30 every day". 1. Time Reminder It announces the time periodically by voice engine and/or system notification. The time interval can be set in the options of the extension: 5 minutes / 10 minutes / 15 minutes / 20 minutes / 30 minutes / 1 hour / 2 hours / 3 hours. In addition, there are several DnD(do not disturb) settings which enabled by default, such as don't remind me time if the browser is in full screen or playing video. 2. Custom Reminder Users can add custom reminders. Supported reminder types include: • Only once: only reminds on a specific date. • Daily reminder: reminder at one or more time every day. • Weekly reminder: choose one or more days from Monday to Sunday. • Monthly reminder: choose one or more days from the 1st day to the last day every month. • Annual reminder: choose one or more days every year, such as "Birthday reminder". All types can set one or more reminder time on the reminder day. In this way, on the one hand, it can meet the needs of multiple reminders in one day for one thing. For example, "Remind me to take medicine three times (in the morning, noon and evening) every day", just create a daily reminder, which sets three reminder time. On the other hand, multiple reminder time can be set for important things to avoid missing it. 3. Clock The popup page displays current time and date by clicking the extension icon. In addition, the extension icon itself can also display the time (not enabled by default). In the options for clock settings, you can set: • Display analog clock or digital clock. • Whether to display seconds. • Whether to display the date. • Whether to display the time on the extension icon. 4. Other In the extensions keyboard shortcuts settings(chrome://extensions/shortcuts), you can set shortcuts for displaying the time and announcing the time. About Reminder Methods You can use one or both of two reminder methods: • Voice announcement: announce the time or custom content by Text-to-Speech engine. • System notification: send a desktop notification. The voice announcement will make a sound, so it may not be suitable for everyone. In addition, if you forget to turn on the speaker or the volume is too low, you will not hear it. System notification may also be missed if it disappears automatically. So: • System notification for time reminder will automatically disappear after a few seconds, because it's not very important. • Custom reminders are more important than time reminder. So to prevent missing it, system notification for custom reminders will disappear automatically after one minute by default, not a few seconds. You can set this behavior for each custom reminder separately. In summary, voice announcements and system notifications can complement each other to avoid missing reminder. About Text-to-Speech (TTS) TTS includes the TTS provided by the operating system and the remote TTS provided by the browser. The former can be adjusted in the operating system settings, while the latter depends on the network connection. The operating system comes with a general voice effect, it is available offline; the voice provided by the browser is usually better, but it requires network connection. TTS is used by time reminder and custom reminders. In the extension options, you can set TTS voice. Each voice usually only supports text in one language, and may not read text correctly in other languages. How to open extension options? • Right-click the extension icon, then click Options. • Click the extension icon, move the mouse to the popup page, then click the setting icon in the upper right corner. This extension is not an alarm clock It is suitable for daily affairs, but it is not an alarm clock. For example, if you want to catch a plane or get up early, please do not rely on this extension. Because the extension cannot issue a reminder when you exit the browser or when the computer goes into sleep. So it is not suitable for very important things. Note: due to a browser restriction, reminders/notifications may be delayed for a little time (less than 1 minute).
- (2022-09-16) P F: Its the best option on the store but its unreliable. Ive noticed that it will randomly not work. I set it for every 30 minutes and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. It just didnt which is what prompted me to write this review. A few times now Ill just be looking at the windows clock waiting for it to go from XX:29 to XX: 30 for example. And theres no pop up nor sound. Sometimes it WILL work but i need it to work 100% of the time.
- (2022-09-13) kaiser: it works perfectly fine as others said but it won't work when there's a background music.
- (2022-08-22) Mekisha Telfer: This is one of my all-time favorite Chrome extensions. As someone with ADHD who suffers from time blindness, this talking clock keeps me from losing huge chunks of my day to a single task. Time feels a liiiiitle less like me enemy when it's running. MY ONLY REQUEST: timer options for the mute function (mute for 30 minutes; mute for 1 hour; etc) where the talking clock automatically unmutes after a certain amount of time. I take a lot of video calls for work using a program outside of Chrome, and I have to mute the extension. But because of my aforementioned ADHD, I often forget to turn it back on and lose days of glorious time keeping from the Talking Clock.
- (2022-07-26) Xavier Ekka MIND: Wow... This speaks so beautifully...
- (2022-07-03) Alfréd Szöllősi: magyarul beszél, és ébreszt illetve jelez, bemondással, nagyszerü progi
- (2022-06-25) B.B. B.: One of the best extension I have ever used.
- (2022-05-27) Seven Sugiandi: This app is fantastic. I was a long time Firefox user, and I looked for things like this to no avail. I have ADHD, and with it comes time blindness (for me, anyway). I hyperfocus and lose track of time - to the point where hours pass and I don't realise. This is perfect, thank you!
- (2022-05-20) H.立委（H.立委）: 隔天 鬧鐘與記事內容 全部消失 須重新輸入
- (2022-04-12) Zac Lim: I Love this so much....easy and simple....love it....
- (2022-03-27) 王.: 好用是好用,但是有一个问题,当显示4位数的时候,最后一位数会被遮住一半,怎么设置才能完全显示出来呢 例如显示"10:07"时,数字"7"就显示不全.
- (2022-03-10) R P: Bro perfect extension. Please add option for every minute. 5 mins is too much! Add every minute option please!
- (2021-11-29) Ruby Gem Cabagua: I love the concept but the seconds doesn't match to the current time in second. Its almost 30 seconds late. Please fix it!
- (2021-11-28) Pat MySecret: I like it.. It's not as fussy as my Google mini reminders. I've just noticed that the "every week" option let's you choose weekdays.
- (2021-11-04) Chen Kerry: Thanks for sharing this! It's intuitive to use.
- (2021-10-08) elaiza Yin: 提醒我下午6点要打卡的，哈哈
- (2021-10-05) 创世大发风控审核: 突然不能提醒了 删除重新也没用 有办法解决吗
- (2021-09-13) Glory: 非常喜欢, 可不可以加个过几分钟再提示的功能
- (2021-09-08) 非常好，满足我的各项使用需求。
- (2021-09-04) Praveen kumar G T: It does not work all the time, should the chrome be an active tab for the extension to work. or it does not come when we watch other videos in chrome
- (2021-08-15) sojy john: Have been looking for such a tool for so long, not sure why couldn't I find it before in webstore.. Thanks for such a wonderful tool..it meets all the requirements for a clock I was looking for. If an option to sync configuration was added that would have been great. But that's not a pressing one!
- (2021-08-12) meng meng: 超棒
- (2021-08-09) David: Excellennt. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars at first was because it was sometimes about 45 seconds late. but in reply to Jackies response, (Thank you Jackie) I think the timing was hindered by another extension that gives a series of "pips" on the hour. At other times the talking clock is more accurate. In any case, this is a great app. TIP; If you have an appointment coming up in about a half hour, switch to notifications every 5 minutes. It helps you to focus and motivates you to concentrate on being ready. That is especially effective if you have to leave the building. You could even set a custom message saying "You have X minutes to get out of here"
- (2021-06-30) Rahul Phunin: amazingly preety handy tool, using it to remind myself to take a break from computing :)
- (2021-05-25) Ayesha Haniya: I loved the extension! But i have a suggestion, Would you add a feature which allows you to record your own voice, and it can play at the time we set them to play or randomly play?
- (2021-05-04) Atrocious Vengeance: This has got to be the best Talking Clock type of extension out there. It has all the necessary options and fulfills all the needs. Anyone who is rating this lower than 5* either doesn't know how to operate this extension or downloaded the wrong extension and was expecting something else. There is one request to the developers, can you enable this extension outside of Chrome please? Or perhaps you could release a .exe which I think this will be well worth it? Thank you
- (2021-03-13) Prabil m: Great .I use it for trading market .alerting me every 15 min close of a candle. I d love if there is an option to avoid alert on saturday and sunday.
- (2021-02-26) Valeria Diez: Buen diseño, buena funcionalidad, funciona perfecto! Contenta. Ideal para recordar hacer pausas en el trabajo para estirarse y descansar la vista
- (2021-02-25) Marjorie Abrancillo: LOVE IT SO MUCHHHHH!
- (2020-12-26) Oofzilla MeeM: Nice
- (2020-12-09) TechAble AT: Simple yet great program!
- (2020-11-30) Bob Loucks: Doesn't GET any better than This, LOL Don't understand the problems others are having. This extension reads aloud the time to you at ANY intervals you want. you can set it for just desktop alerts, audio or... BOTH. Also lets you make custom alerts with daily, weekly, weekdays, monthly,etc.,CUSTOM REMINDERS. Functionality never fails. I've used this for many months now and even switching browser from time to time I always include this baby.
- (2020-11-22) yang zhang: 卧槽，神器！！！IT狗经常忘时间，一直在找时间提醒软件。这才是最好的番茄钟。
- (2020-11-18) ВАСЯ пупкин: Класс! То, что я искал. Спасибо!
- (2020-11-13) Cool JK: Highly recommended custom reminder tool
- (2020-10-29) Indispensable. You can have spoken alerts or spoken alerts with desktop notifications or just desktop notifications. Works flawlessly. it's free and about the only one of its kind. Ignore the haters & try it for yourself. HIGHLY Customizable.
- (2020-10-08) Agitated _: Wont save settings... getting really annoyed at the popup., used to work fine... chromes up to date aswell... need to fix it asap
- (2020-10-05) Jessica Harry: CUSTEM A real small popup With no good look to it And no clock and no time Repeat Delay like 3m if in not in the room it goes off be nice if the pop-up Display was big With a OK to close it
- (2020-09-29) gianna emily: This has a nice design
- (2020-08-12) 你好旧时光: 非常好用，特别适合像我这种谷歌浏览器常驻后台的用户，通知很明显。
- (2020-07-29) Arul KN: Why cant u guys do the same for android?
- (2020-07-07) TeleA lex: довольно хорошее дополнение, но не хватает функциональности.. хотя она практически готовая. почему есть повторение каждый день, неделю, месяц и год... но нет каждые 60 минут? или каждые 30 минут? или вобще произвольное количество минут? добавьте пожалуйста эту возможность в настройках... очень буду ждать подобную функцию, спасибо.
- (2020-07-03) Tse Harry: Like it
- (2022-09-14, v:0.0.6) Marcell1no: Pls add 2 features:
- only speak the time at a certain time period (21:00 - 02:00) - Start with "The time is" or "it is"
- (2022-08-31, v:0.0.6) Stephen Reynolds: CUSTOM REMINDERS Backup/Transfer/Upload
Talking Clock = LIFE CHANGING. I have created over 30 custom reminders for ever hour/half hour. I have had to change computers because of my children. I was crushed when I had to re-type over 30 reminders. I stopped using your app for months, I just started re-creating all my custom reminders.. .. so discouraging. because your app is life changing! HELP.
- (2022-04-19, v:0.0.6) Rodrigo Elesbao: Feature suggeston: set a period for announce intervals
Feature suggestion: setting a period of time in day the announce intervals will occur. For instance, I want announces every 15 minutes, but only from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thanks for this nice plugin.
- (2022-04-08, v:0.0.6) Wenjiang Ye: import and export settings
I have a suggestion: in order to setup multi chrome instance, settings import and export could be very helpful.
- (2022-03-10, v:0.0.6) R P: Feature request
Bro perfect extension. Please add option for every minute. 5 mins is too much! Add every minute option please!
- (2022-02-26, v:0.0.6) Mary Becker: time off by 1 minute
the blue "pinned" time is 1 minute behind the larger black clock that comes up when I click on it. The black "clicked" clock is exact to my computer clock..
- (2022-02-21, v:0.0.6) Baro: It's delayed for 45 seconds
I use repeat every 15 minutes. But the message usually appears at 15 minutes 45 seconds, 30 minutes 45 seconds, 45 minutes 45 seconds, .. but not displayed correctly.
- (2022-01-15, v:0.0.6) Jack Poore: Intermittent Speak
On the Chrome browser on Chromebook. It appears it sometimes speaks and other times not. I was looking for the audible mostly. When I test the voice with SPEAK it works. But when the time of the alarm comes up it only shows a pop up. Any suggestions?
- (2021-12-27, v:0.0.6) Tommy Lyonnais: it just says "a clock" on certain hours
it just says "a clock" on certain hours
- (2021-10-29, v:0.0.6) Alexander K.: Should it work?
Tried tons of other extensions made for the same purpose. Most of them did not fit well, but at least they all showed some activity. This one does not show reminders, does not sound, does not anything at all! Set it up to sound every 5 minutes - nothing happens!!! Nothing happens at all! No sound, no reminder, no nothing! What the heck?
- (2021-09-26, v:0.0.6) Aminah Nuraini: It does not notify on time if the previous close manually notification is not closed yet
A lot of times notification is buried with other notification. I think when people choose to close the notification manually, they are expecting it to keep showing up in the notification and not get buried, and it does not hinder the next time for the notification and alarm to show up again
- (2021-08-20, v:0.0.6) Luciana Crypto: any chance you can add hourly option?
I have a fixed hour to start, let's say 00:05. and I want it to remind me of the task every hour at that minute, like 00:05 01:05 02:05 03:05.... every day. Any chance you can add this option to also let us chose 'hourly' recurrency? I hope you can! let me know if so! thanks!
- (2021-05-25, v:0.0.5) Ayesha Haniya: Record my voice
i have a suggestion, Would you add a feature which allows you to record your own voice, and it can play at the time we set them to play or randomly play? So if we record somthing and save it, We'll be able to set it to play at certain times.