Highlight text on Web Page and Generate URL (Link) with the Highlighted text.
Web Page Highlighter for Google Chrome allows a user to highlight a selected text fragment on a web page and generate a URL that automatically scrolls to the highlighted portion of the web page. It is based on Chrome's native Scroll To Text Fragment feature. You might have noticed that clicking on Google Search results automatically takes you to a highlighted text fragment within the web page. This extension uses the same feature to highlight custom text. Once the extension is installed, simply follow the steps below to generate the custom URL with highlighted text. 1. Select text on a web page 2. Right-click on the selection 3. Select "Copy URL with Highlighted text” The copied URL will scroll the web page to the highlighted text fragment. Features: - Multi-paragraph selection support - Optimized URL string - Works natively with the latest version of Chrome on six Blink Platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and Android WebView). References: 1. Scroll To Text Fragment | Official Notes - https://chromestatus.com/feature/4733392803332096 2. Blink Platforms - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_(browser_engine)
- (2021-05-22) Matt Penner: So easy and simple! This is a staple in my extensions.
- (2021-04-14) Vladyslav Avramenko: Great tool, simplify life a lot, especially when you need just a specific part/text from a huge article. Thank you very much 5*+
- (2021-03-19) Liv S: doesn't work
- (2021-01-10) artur artur: not working on wikipedia and every news site I tried
- (2020-11-02) Noel Trindade: This is a simple yet great tool to just send the part of the doc that needs to be read. Crazy simple lovely tool
- (2020-07-31) Abel Wenning: Super easy to pinpoint content to share with people!!