Experience YouTube™ in Productivity Mode
This product is inspired from Indistractable by Nir Eyal. According to the book, one source of distraction are the external triggers that lead us to distracting activities and thus leave less time for things that we actually intend to do. YouTube is one such place for me on the internet where I often wander and get lost from the focus track that I plan to be on. No doubt YouTube is a great place to learn but it does have a lot of distracting content too. Taking cue from the book, we created YouTube Productivity Mode, with an objective to reduce the triggers. Switch YPM in “Productivity Mode” to blur all the thumbnails on YouTube so that the catchy and clickbaity thumbnails don’t grab your attention. So now if you get redirected to YouTube while working/studying, the recommended thumbnails won’t catch your eyes and you will hopefully switch back to your task again without losing your focus. By default, YPM works on “Leisure Mode” where you’ll get the same experience of YouTube without annoying ads. We are indie makers who believe that focus is a superpower. If this app helps you in any way, please help us too. There are a lot of ways you could help us: - Share this extension with your friends. - Write a review and tell us what other problems can we solve for you. - Contribute financially via BuyMeACoffee - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/webtaculars?ref=chrome-web-store
- (2021-05-20) Mahan Mahmoudi: You saved my life.
- (2021-03-06) Rogueguardian477: Thank you sooo much! It works really well and helps you stay focused so much better. Also automatically only has access to youtube so I'm not worried they are stealing my data like i often feel with chrome extensions, auto skip ads is nice feature but adblockplus is more effective. Would be great to see some more options such as to blur current videos as i listen to many things on youtube but want to avoid watching them at the same time. Thanks again I recommend.
- (2020-11-28) Naman Gupta: great extension saves a lot time for me
- (2020-11-22) Bruce Banner: Why it stopped working ?
- (2020-08-30) siddharth nahar: The app really helps. Blurring recommended videos on the right bar reduced my attention on those thumbnails and I realize I now click less on those than before.
- (2021-01-10, v:2.3) Shubrank Mukhiya: Last update was Oct 2020
Just checking if there is someone behind the wheel.