Search bookmarks quickly and easily, with a search popup, which can be opened by a click on the extension logo (or by cmd+E/ctrl+W).
Whenever you get too many bookmarks and folders it's becoming really annoying to find the one you're looking for. That's why I made this extension - to make it simple! Now you can simply click the logo of the extension (after installed), and start typing until you find your bookmark and click it. This is also available by a shortcut - cmd+E (Mac)/ctrl+W (Windows/Linux). Although there are other similar extensions out there, I couldn't find at the time anyone that searches according to the folder(s) name as well. Likewise, all extensions I found, search by URL as well, which I find faulty. So they search by name and URL, while I search by name and folder(s) name. And on top of that I added some cool features I found really helpful: - Search by multiple words or partial words separated by spaces. - When there are no results the search algorithm collapses and starts searching by letters instead of words, a search which easily overcomes typos. - For every bookmark, a dedicated (technical) shortcut is calculated (and shown to the right of the every result), with the shortest length possible, and also by a priority which is based on how close are the keyboard keys to each other. Type a shortcut to get its bookmark as the first result on the search, so you can then simply press enter to open it. The shortcut to show the search popup is cmd+E (Mac)/ctrl+W (Windows). Feel free to change this shortcut if you want to. Go to Chrome Menu > Tools > Extensions. Scroll down to the bottom, press the "Keyboard Shortcuts" link, and add a custom shortcut to "Bookmarks Quick Search". Tip: To make the search faster - make sure the extension is pinned to show always on the top menu-bar. Enjoy :) #0.0.8: - Fix google autocomplete here and there appearance on the search box. - Support JS-Script bookmarks as well.
- (2021-09-27) Beat Fuhrimann: After I was forced to switch from Google Bookmarks to Chrome Bookmarks, I found this handy little extension. I appreciate the fast search.
- (2021-05-27) Andrey Logvin: Awesome!
- (2021-04-29) Jason Capriotti: This seems really cool so far. For better or worse I heavily rely on Chrome's address bar auto complete to open frequently visited URLs. With this extension I can create properly-named bookmarks to do the same thing (only more reliably). I should mention, the shortcut key and ability to type into the box after using the shortcut are key. This mimics (for my workflow) the using the Chrome address bar shortcut and typing what I'm trying to open.
- (2021-01-25) JoGa Bop: great find...thanks! i've ben sharpening 'web surfiing skills' for years and had always used the built-in chrome bookmarks manager. this extension cuts that in half.... command e (instead of chrome's option/command/b) the real value kicks in when you are automatically clicked into the search text window and use just have t hit 'enter' for the first choice without having to scroll down to it or double click it. this is not possible in chrome
- (2020-12-08) Augusto Hidalgo: Exactly what I wanted but the default keyboard (ctrl+W) is the default for close window... you should at least tell in the description how to change it
- (2020-10-23) Shlomo Halachmi: Excellent!
- (2020-10-22) Jimmy Deros: Love how minimal it is. I switched the shortcut to CMD + P so it's just like switching files in my IDE! Keyboard Shortcuts: chrome://extensions/shortcuts