Limit the number of tabs opened in a browser window. Close them when you reach the limit and restore them when there is a space.
This extension enables you to limit the number of tabs opened in a browser window. It will close tabs when you reach the limit and restore them when there is a space.
- (2022-08-03) Rafael Miranda: It's the best one nowadays, since Google removed "Tabs limiter with queue", about queue I wanted to say... It lacked a queue, but it's still better than the others because the others don't let you open other tabs . It actually has a queue, but it doesn't have access to the links. I don't know if the tabs are saved if the browser crashes, I'll test it later."Tabs limiter with queue", supported browser crashes. Thanks for your extension.
- (2022-07-03) mark ifi: it fills a gap in the webstore, a good replacement to the now defunct "tabs limiter with queue" by rubenmv, this is pretty much perfect, but if you have further suggestions it is actively developed by inkz.dev. it also handles re-opened tabs better than the old extension, giving them priority instead of putting them on the back of the queue. after 3 months of use it never crashed, very stable, and it doesn't touch pinned tabs
- (2022-01-20) Umbra TuSlayer: Can't view or access suspended tabs. If it had a "onetab" like page that could be viewed and organised, with a queued and saved section, then this would be brilliant.
- (2021-05-26) MrGhostMark: My old tab limiter + queue broke with a recent chrome update. This was also broke by the update. At first it would remember the tabs, but after a few minutes if the tab has not been restored than it gets lost.
- (2022-09-06, v:1.1.0) Denis S.: Is it possble to set maximum tab limit on install
I use your amazing extension for terminal server, and it is difficult to set tab limit manualy. Maybe it is possible to set it with some additional option for all users, lock changing it quantity and possibility of disable extension (remove enabled option from extension settings) Thanks
- (2022-05-12, v:1.0.3) mark ifi: not touching pinned tabs
if it left pinned tabs intact that would be a further improvement in my opinion
- (2021-11-16, v:1.0.2) mark ifi: when opening bookmarks en-masse, it only restores empty new tabs
try opening a folder of 20-30 tabs, and when you go through closing the first 12, it will only open 20 more empty ones without the url it's meant to be opening. it might be good to have a second delay before closing the original tabs in the first place