Blocks users and tags on the Archive of Our Own.
This is a browser extension designed to block content on the Archive of Our Own. Currently, you can block work tags, archive warnings, and ratings. This extension is not as user-friendly as the archive is. Please read the directions before you try to use it. This extension is not intended to replace the existing AO3 search functions, including excluding tags, warnings, or search parameters. It is, instead, intended as a nuclear option. If you do not want to see a tag, warning, or rating ever again, you can give it to the tag blocker and it’s gone. Forever. There are some places where the extension cannot block tags (listed on the site), but it will eliminate the tag(s) you want blocked for almost all normal use of the site.
- (2021-02-07) AquaBlue77: While this works like a charm blocking unwanted ships, so you don't have to do that exhausting manual labour of excluding like 10-30 ships (depending on fandom) every time I want to exclude some, it makes it difficult to search for works, since the blocked tags will automatically (it seems) be put into the "word count" field. Thus giving me a page for some syntax error and all of the tags included with the, for example, story title I've searched for. This should be corrected, since its annoying, so 4 stars out of 5 for this minor annoyance.
- (2021-01-21) Darla Wilson: If you're a casual reader on AO3, this extension is flawless! It removed the tags that I wanted to block with no issues, saving me the extra step of clicking on my favorited ship tag and then having to apply the filters manually every. Single. Time. (Frustrating when the big OT3 in fandom contains both my OTP and my NOTP, lmao.) It will extend the URL on your page every time, so if that's something that bothers you for some reason (maybe you link to tag pages a lot for some reason), that's something to be aware of. If you're a writer or a more dedicated reader, this will probably be immensely frustrating to use! I've seen other users complain about this glitch in the reviews, too, but basically, if you try to sort works on someone's profile (even your own) by fandom, it automatically resets to show all of the works, filtering out your filtered tags (even if you know for a fact none of your filtered tags are in the works for that fandom). Additionally, if you have any works that happen to contain your filtered tags (maybe it was a request or commission, maybe it's a really old work, maybe you were trying to branch out of your comfort zone, whatever), your own fics become invisible to you. I'm a writer and a dedicated reader (I love to go to the pages of writers whose fics I particularly liked), so this extension is ultimately more frustrating for me than it is useful. It was nice to have the extra steps removed until I was trying to look at my own profile and had my own fanfic blocked from me. It's a shame that there's no exclusion or on/off switch. As such, even though I think it was neat and I definitely see its purpose, I'm uninstalling. Not for me.
- (2020-08-06) qiu fiona: it works but for some reason everytime i add a tag it changes the url for all my open ao3 tabs
- (2020-07-21) starchitect: It works pretty well, but for some reason whenever I try to view my drafts or my works by fandom, I am automatically redirected to the page for ALL of my works. This happens on other users' pages too. This doesn't happen when I turn it off, so I know it is this extension that is causing it. Of course, I could be wrong. It could just be acting up with another extension, but I have no idea. Hopefully this can be fixed in some way.
- (2020-07-09) Penny Peas: Working exactly as intended on my end, a high recommend for anyone who just doesn't want to see That, regardless of what that is. Blocking users outright is a blessing that I haven't seen other extensions give me an option for.
- (2020-07-08) that one nerd: works exactly as intended !! i've been looking for an extension like this for a long time, so i'm grateful to the developers for making this <3