This extension removes timelines from twitter, to help you avoid mindless consumption.
It hides the most addictive parts of Twitter, like the main timeline, the Explore timeline, moments, and Trending. It shows the most useful parts of twitter, like notifications, user profiles, individual tweets, and DMs.
- (2020-07-17) Ricka Dumelod: Thank you!
- (2020-07-14) Ben Warheit: Just what I needed. Removes the timeline.
- (2020-07-03) Joe Goldberg: Fixed! It wasn't working for a few months, after a Twitter redesign but it started working again. Simple, does what it says in the description. Saves me from doomscrolling.
- (2019-07-28) Auburn X: Doesn't work with the new Twitter layout as of July 2019. Hope it gets updated!
- (2019-07-27) Kevin Anderson: Love it, but since Twitter introduced the new timeline design, it doen't work anymore.
- (2019-05-17) Moth and Podiatrist: I can't thank you enough for this. I use twitter for work so I need access to my own page so I can make posts but do not want any other part of twitter in my life.
- (2019-04-30) Jide's Portfolio: Great. Blocks distracting newsfeed.
- (2019-03-07) All the problems mentioned above appeared fixed and works as intended
- (2019-02-19) Lee Crawfurd: This would be perfect if it had an on/off button like InboxWhenReady
- (2017-08-30) sendsent: It works when you first go to Twitter homepage, but as soon as you go to another user's profile page and then return to the homepage, you may find that your newsfeed is back. So it defeats the purpose. Had to uninstall, but may return to see if there's an update that fixes this bug. Ideally, it should just block the newsfeed, but allow you to see your tweets and tweets of others on their respective twitter pages. Also, it would be nice if it didn't block the notification feed too. It would be a very useful extension with those fixes. UPDATE: I removed this extension and just added the todobook extension, which did exactly what I needed. I had heard of ToDoBook, but always thought it was just for Facebook, which I now know is not the case. I had Facebook Newsfeed Eradicator before so I didn't need it. But, now that I actually checked out ToDoBook I see that it can replace FB Newsfeed Eradicator as well as this extension, which doesn't really work anyway.
- (2017-07-27) Jon Bash: Also blocks the notification feed, which makes it useless for me. :/
- (2017-04-17) Jordan Bishop: Works perfectly, just like you'd hope. Thanks!