Shopping tool that shows you country of origin and local pickup options as you shop on Amazon, while giving to charities for free.
Discover the best deals and support local shopping with the Cultivate browser extension. Save money on Amazon, shop local, and give back to charity for free. Cultivate helps you find the best prices, fastest shipping, and supports local stores, all at no cost. Compare live prices on Amazon, and never overpay again. Users typically save 30% on their desired products. Earn cash rewards as you shop - every 15,000 points with Cultivate gets you $5. Save money, donate to your favorite charities, and get free cash for yourself. Add Cultivate to your browser and start shopping. It recommends cheaper, similar products and local store options for faster pickup. If you prefer shipping, local inventory often arrives faster and cheaper than Amazon. Cultivate also ensures you buy from trusted sellers and displays the Amazon product's country of origin. When shopping on partner sites, Cultivate alerts you to trusted sellers and enables charity donations. Shop smarter, support local businesses, and donate to charity with Cultivate.
- (2023-03-17) Tasha B.: It's not what i thought it was. I was expecting for it to find american sellers on amazon. It does not do that. The entire list of sellers are not on amazon.
- (2023-03-14) Mat B: I like the seller info, BUT, the giant box spamming alternate places to buy something similar is both annoying to look at and slows down browsing. Overall and awful extension.
- (2023-02-19) Steven Whiting: Very good. I mentioned to them that it wasn't picking up the Chinese sellers that use shill company address' in the UK to make out they are UK based. I thought of an idea for coding it but knew it would take me forever to work it out. They picked up the idea and have implemented it. So now it even reveals (on Amazon) the Chinese sellers using shill address'. They are quick to fix bugs when reported. Mentioned one the other day with seller location being flagged wrong but it was fixed shortly after. For showing where Amazon sellers are, its really good. That's mainly what I use it for, haven't touched the other parts.
- (2023-02-02) Dmitry Patrakov: Annoying, always shows window that asks for your money (so called "donation"). If you close the windows it pop ups on the next page, blocking buttons and other page elements.
- (2023-01-25) Jen D: I enjoy being able to see where a product is coming from that alone makes the extension worth having around, but this extension gets in the way of my ebay business. I'm trying to work, not shop and I have no way of shutting the app off just for one site. The available optional products offered really haven't been useful so far, a lot of items have nothing to do with that I'm looking for.
- (2023-01-12) Ruro: Works great on the German Amazon but seeing as i exclusively shop on the currently unsupported Swedish Amazon, mostly for warranty reasons, it's not terribly useful for me. I can manage without it today but i really needed it when the site first launched, it was a horrible experience filled to the brim with Chinese junk, it was legit unusable.
- (2023-01-11) Paula Acker (ACKER FAMILY): I like the concept and it did help me identify some local stores that carried the same product, but this totally failed at saving any $ because it matched to products with different quantities. For example, a product I frequently buy was $55 for a pack of 64 on Amazon. They showed Walgreens had exact same item for $14.99 - but when I click through, it was $14.99 for a pack of 9, not 64. That's almost 2x the price per unit and they only had 9 packs and 24 packs. Both were higher than Amazon.
- (2022-12-07) Al Tearjen: Awesome extension that is helping you shop for local brands, save money, and give back!
- (2022-11-25) Clint Fisher: Might be good someday, but it finds alternative products that are no where near the same as the product I'm looking for. That is only on Amazon, the app hasn't found a single alternative on ebay. Country of origin seems to work on Amazon and that's desirable.The concept is great, but the application falls short.
- (2022-11-01) borisattva: no matter what the store, no matter what the item, "cheaper alternatives" are ALWAYS not the item being compared to. its not helping my buying experience if you keep suggesting inferior items at lesser price. i'm not shipping for THEM, i'm shopping for what you see on the page. in this state, this app is no better than amazons own "other similar items." except its worse. at least other items have a side by side run down comparing them. this extension is simply trying to lure away the shopper to buy something different, cheaper, and inferior, through some other seller. oh. and those alternative sellers and products? they're also shipped from China. not a single local business/seller. so what is even the point? Removed.
- (2022-10-04) Spencer Levitt: Don't even hesitate to download this extension. I always assumed I was finding the best prices on Amazon, and the first time I saw cultivate's prices pop up when shopping, I realized I had been wasting money for years and years. I usually don't download anything on chrome in fear of cluttering my browser experience, but you will not regret adding cultivate - it's quite literally free money. Bottom line - you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't download.
- (2022-10-04) Austin Pager: Cultivate is GAME CHANGING!!! I have already saved tonsss, donated to great causes and shopped local. Crazy I didn't know about it earlier
- (2022-09-25) Tammie Wright: This was recommended by a YouTube channel I follow, so I wanted to try it out. Am I missing something? Literally EVERY product I have browsed on Amazon, I get this returned: "Sorry, we were unable to find alternatives for this product from verified sellers". Every single one. I looked at a wide range of products to see results - craft supplies, hand tools, electronics, housewares, cables, etc. Every single item gives that message from Cultivate. So I can see it is made in China (which I already could see in most cases without the extension enabled) but the product has no alternatives available. Hardly useful to me.
- (2022-09-23) Luca: Extremely useful. I will never buy a product from China again!
- (2022-09-10) S Dimmons: So, the add-on tells me that a particular product (USB-C to RJ45 adapter) is being sold by a Chinese company. Great! I thought... let's see what it recommends... Of course, it recommends a Lenovo product where Lenovo is a Chinese company. So... it seems they don't mind is you buy Chinese so long as they get a cut. My vote: Scam
- (2022-08-03) Shashank: Waiting for the devs to make it work on Indian ecommerce websites (Amazon.in, Flipkart.in) too. This will be a really handy extension in finding out the local products.
- (2022-07-18) Raj Kamal Khare: Make it work on amazon.in (Amazon India)
- (2022-06-07) Frederick Schmidt: Made in USA feature seems to be removed, so now it's just a data mining for profit/charity extension.
- (2022-05-01) Ara Ghougassian: Love this so much, I can donate to charity while shopping online. Doing good while burning my wife's money. Nice!
- (2022-04-12) Charles Poitras: I like seeing where something is coming from but the spam you get when you go on alieexpress is getting extremely annoying. I shop on alieexpress for tiny electronics for two reasons: 1: Ebay has the same thing, except at 3 times the price because it's all dropshipping/resellers, 2: I can't find everything on ebay. You used to be able to disable the godawful popup forever, but now it's only 24 hours, I get it you get paid by ebay, but it's abusive.
- (2022-02-03) Patrick Jordan: I absolutely love this app. Can buy with confidence products coming from countries that have industry standards.
- (2022-01-30) Arthur CH: Awesome! I searched for a few products to see if it actually worked, and sure as hell it works perfectly! Plus it lets you browse on amazon and find the manufactures own site which is shown at the top when searching! I can use Amazon but i don't have to pay Amazon! I love it thank you laowhy86
- (2021-12-20) Ð'jìnn: The extension is very useful. However, I would like to see an option to not make it US specific. Identifying Chinese junk products is useful, but recommending other countries of origin and not just USA would be even better.
- (2021-12-14) Johan Andersson: Why is it so difficult to contact anyone at Cultivate.? What does Cultivate define as "made in" if its manufactured in China but company owner is in US.?
- (2021-12-02) Xicheng Wang: I doesn't work when I use NordVPN... but I usually browse Amazon when VPN is enabled.. please fix
- (2021-11-18) J Muth: Only download this extension if you want to see people criticize what you browse on Amazon without offering you any additional value. It's advertised as a way to avoid shady and low-quality Chinese companies while browsing Amazon. It doesn't integrate with Amazon at all. You search for a product on Amazon and it tells you where to find a more expensive, similar product elsewhere. Sometimes 10x the price on Amazon. There's a huge difference between a Chinese company and a western company that manufactures in China. Western companies' Chinese-made products are still of higher quality and value.
- (2021-11-09) retnemmoc101: Got recommend this extension by the guys at ADV China. I like the extension and it generally works well, though not always reliable with brand origins, for example, on one store page, it correctly showed an electronics brand as "from China", while on another page, it showed the same brand as "from Germany" despite neither the owner nor the outbound shipping location being German (though the brand takes its name from a German word, so it might be that). As a UK user, I would love to see recommendations expand to include products from the UK or Europe in the future, though it's understandable if there are no plans to.
- (2021-11-02) Felice: Guys, you can't be asking for the ability to read and write all data on all websites. That's just not acceptable and it makes me think you're just as untrustworthy as the people we want to avoid buying products from. You need to fix this or you're not going to get any sensible person to adopt the extension, which if you're legitimate, should be very upsetting for you. You should be doing everything you can to make the extension appealing and not scary. If you don't fix this, then people SHOULD be scared off.
- (2021-10-27) Jessica Marina Rushie (KuRushie): I did not realise how much stuff on amazon is sold by the CCP. I have no problem buying something from a Chinese person but I hate the thought of funding China's corrupt disgrace of a government who even commits genocide and seems to get away with it. Screw the CCP, the CCP needs to go!
- (2021-10-25) Jack C: Interesting, but doesn't work on Australian versions of stores, so is useless to me. (Works on Amazon.com, but not Amazon.com.au)
- (2021-10-19) Matthew Patterson: Love this extension. Once added, it'll donate portions of my online purchases to the charity of my choice. In addition, it helps me source American made products.
- (2021-09-27) Kevin W: Recommended by AVD Podcast but it can be better Added due to ADV Podcast, however, here are the issues: 1. It doesn't show county on the browsing page it only show on the product detail page. This make it hard for me to locate the US made product in the selection phase. Cellar did a good job at this 2. The recommendation for American made alternative is not working well, however, I am sure it can be fixed in the future. Keep up the good work, don't make it “差不多”
- (2021-09-24) Jeff Mercado: Not perfect but better than nothing. I'm not sure how seller location is identified usually but it doesn't seem to go any deeper than listing the Amazon seller provided location. Recently purchased a niche item, listed as from an American seller, turns out to be in China. Looking at the seller profile, the business address listed was in Georgia but the title was in Chinese. Didn't find out til after I received shipping information that it was coming from China... a little disappointed there. There should be a way within the extension to "report" a seller as such.
- (2021-09-20) Tim B: Absolutely fantastic. I'm using it in the UK and it instantly tell you who the actual seller is and where they are located. It makes avoiding the cheap tat so much easier and supporting the brands you want to! Highly, highly recommended this for everyone!
- (2021-09-19) ANDREW Irwin: Finally works in the uk
- (2021-09-14) pantypixie: Working on amazon.ca, sweet!
- (2021-09-12) Michael Haggan: Any way to make it work on Amazon.co.uk?
- (2021-09-11) Don Hyon (Unfezant): Fantastic idea, but the add-on only seems to work in the US region. Would be great if it supports Amazon (or anything) EU/UK, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan .... and so on.
- (2021-07-16) z Haxeu: 动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门
- (2021-07-05) L Miller: Somewhat useful but I hope it gets better, there's many listings it doesn't work on yet. There's only so much any extension that uses sites' API can do as long as our corrupt gov representatives let these companies get away with concealing their products' manufacturing history. Amazon is 100% complicit in these sham Chinese junk products & should be cracked down on.
- (2021-06-23) Anshul Sharma: This thing is awesome, great concept and I'm sure will continue to grow in library and accuracy as time goes on. Keep up the good work!
- (2021-06-23) C C: Hi, sorry but it doesn't work for me. Whether I am using Google Chrome or Brave browser, the seller origin doesn't show up on Amazon. Any help please?
- (2021-06-22) Payton Christopher: This is one of the most helpful and informative extensions you can add for online shopping! There are thousands of resellers online that sell products that Chinese companies ripped off from American brands. This helps you see that the seller and the brand are in the US, employing Americans and growing commerce here.
- (2021-06-14) Elias: This plugin only works on the American Amazon, so if your amazon does not end with .com it wont work... love the idea though and i hope there will be a global version later on in it's life cycle.
- (2021-06-13) Andrew Scott: Great idea, but I'd love it if it would work with Amazon Canada. Keep it up guys, thanks for informing the buying public.
- (2021-06-05) Cooper Sherman: This is honestly such a great thing. Not only does it show you what products are made so you know you aren't getting ripped off, but it donates a small amount to charity, for no cost at all! If I could I would rate this more than 5 stars, especially because it's free! 10/10
- (2021-05-30) Chairman Meow: Yeah it don't support national domain names like amazon.se it's only a plugin for Americans
- (2021-05-24) Krietiviti Jawad: can you please enable the feature for amazon.de?
- (2021-05-20) Ngoc Ken Ly Nguyen: Thanks to C-milk aka Laowhy86, and Serpentza help me found a really good and useful app when buying products from Amazon, and now I know that 80% of the thing that I bought from Amazon are Made in China.
- (2021-05-20) kelly Nguyen: Love the idea. It’s my new favorite app, it great to find American made products.
- (2021-12-27, v:1.0.11568) Bruce Wade: Login problem
Hello, My account, [email protected], is unable to log onto the cultivate site as a password has never been set and the web app passes that point in about 3-5 seconds, not nearly enough to tag the 10pixel URL in the paragraph. Please send a password reset and maybe alter your signup to gather that when option to install the extension. Thanks
- (2021-09-24, v:1.0.10862) Jeff Mercado: Option to report falsely listed businesses
Found a seller for a niche product and purchased from them which was listed by the extension as being in US, but actually from a Chinese seller and sent from there. The listed business address was a US address but the business name was in Chinese. Should be able to report such sellers.
- (2021-09-11, v:1.0.10862) Boghyon Hoffmann: Please migrate to manifest V3 and specify hosts
Currently, the extension has full permission to "Read and change all your data ..." on all websites. This unnecessarily scares us. Migrating to manifest V3 and specifying the exact host names might help to inform users that the extension will be active on the specified e-commerce sites only. Please avoid broad permissions such as "*://*/*". Migration guide: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv3/intro/mv3-migration/#host-permissions
- (2021-05-21, v:1.0.7743) Patrice Boivin: Adding Canadian and European sources
Hi, Would it be possible to add the ability to search for Canadian or European manufacturers as well as American?
- (2021-05-15, v:1.0.7743) Ethan Herdrick: Unclear new message from Chrome about your perms
Wow - your new version prompted a message from Chrome saying that Cultivate can "... read and change the data on the websites you visit." This makes it sound like it reads the data on *all* the websites I visit. I see that that is still not true! It's still limited to a few e-commerce sites, which is good. This is a case of the Chrome team hosing you folks. My sympathies to you. :(
- (2021-05-13, v:1.0.7743) Steve Evans: Non .com support for Amazon
Could you add support for other national domain names. For example, the plugin doesn't work for amazon.co.uk Also, any chance of giving the option to see a different nation for the suggested sources, American isn't much use for me, and is very expensive shipping!
- (2021-05-09, v:1.0.7666) william dutton: Why ask to read/change all websites?
9th May 21, your plugin now requests to alter all websites, not just amazon.* There is no updated info on your plugin page, I hope it is a mistake but I don't think so. I hope your plugin is not expelled form the chrome store due to it (ala The Great Suspender debacle). I'm removing your helpful plugin for now.
- (2021-04-22, v:1.0.5211) therealdgh13 dgh13: Don't want you taking my data, can I just pay money?
Can I pay you a lump sum to buy your product so I don't have you taking my data? It's the same problem I have with Honey. I'd rather pay money than sell my data for advertising.
- (2021-03-06, v:1.0.5211) Cornell Johnson (Cornell3): account
I signed up for and affiliate links can you tell me how? [email protected]