Detects product's country of origin on Amazon & compares prices across 10,000+ US stores for max savings
Discover the real roots of your online purchases with Cultivate, the definitive country of origin detector for Amazon products. At a glance, gain insights into where your desired items come from, empowering you to make informed shopping decisions. But Cultivate offers more than just origin details. As you browse Amazon, our tool tirelessly scans over 10,000 US stores, including giants like Walmart, Target, and Wayfair, seeking out the best price matches or even better deals for similar items. The power of knowledge doesn't stop at price comparison. Cultivate proudly boasts a 50% success rate in finding superior prices, rewarding you with enticing cash back offers from our expansive list of partnered merchants. Ready to enjoy your savings? Seamlessly cash out directly to your bank. Cultivate is the next revolution in savvy online shopping.
- (2023-12-30) Tammie Wright: Updated 12/30/2023 I have been using this for a while now. The usefulness on Amazon is still limited in my experience, but what I really like about it is that they give donations to the charity of my choice based on participating merchants when I shop normally. I love this feature. *** This was recommended by a YouTube channel I follow, so I wanted to try it out. Am I missing something? Literally EVERY product I have browsed on Amazon, I get this returned: "Sorry, we were unable to find alternatives for this product from verified sellers". Every single one. I looked at a wide range of products to see results - craft supplies, hand tools, electronics, housewares, cables, etc. Every single item gives that message from Cultivate. So I can see it is made in China (which I already could see in most cases without the extension enabled) but the product has no alternatives available. Hardly useful to me.
- (2023-11-12) Julian Harris: I think this is really great but heckoboy I'm not going to give an extension global access to modify every single website on my behalf! That's completely bonkers. If cultivate.us gets hacked, the hackers can impersonate you everywhere you go and you'll never know. HUUUGE identity theft risk. It really should be whitelisted to very specific sites that it looks at for alternatives.
- (2023-11-11) Chimaka Nkem: I recently used Cultivate for a gadget I wanted from Amazon, and I was surprised! As I not only found a better deal from a local electronics store, saving me money, but also supported local business. This Chrome extension is my favourite for saving time, money and finding quality when doing Amazon shopping, and yes a chance to help my community.
- (2023-11-11) Sherry: I was looking for a designer bag on Amazon, Cultivate found it at a nearby boutique for less. I saved money and felt great buying locally. It's amazing how this extension effortlessly connects me to local stores with better deals. Highly recommend for anyone looking to save!
- (2023-11-11) Lina Morales: I am a shopping lover, and came across Cultivate. Using it, I found a yoga mat I wanted on Amazon at a local sports store for a lower price. The savings were great, with a local store purchase. Cultivate is an invaluable tool for anyone looking to save and support local businesses.
- (2023-11-11) Jamal Youssef: I was about to buy a coffee maker from Amazon, but Cultivate showed me a local appliance store offering a better deal. I saved money, with the satisfaction of supporting my local economy. It's incredible how this extension helps find the best prices locally.
- (2023-11-11) Danti Rossi: I'm impressed with Cultivate! It helped me find a laptop on Amazon, and then located it cheaper at a local electronics shop. I saved a significant amount and felt good about my purchase. This extension is perfect for those who want to find the best deals and prefer buying from local merchants.
- (2023-11-11) Carlos Mendez: Cultivate has been a fantastic addition to my online shopping. I was looking for a new blender, and found a similar model at a lower price in a nearby kitchen store. Saving money while supporting local businesses has never been easier. This extension is budget-savvy.
- (2023-11-11) Elijah Muhammad: Thanks to Cultivate, I discovered a local store offering a dress I wanted from Amazon at a cheaper rate. Not only did I save money, but I also enjoyed a delightful visit to the store. This extension bridges the gap between online convenience and local shopping benefits beautifully.
- (2023-11-11) Hao Wang: Cultivate is outstanding! I found a pair of running shoes on Amazon, but through Cultivate, I purchased them from a local sports store at a lower price. It's great to save money and contribute to the local economy.
- (2023-11-11) Fatima zahra: Honestly I was skeptical about Cultivate at first, but it proved its worth. Hunted for a gardening tool on Amazon, and Cultivate found a local hardware store selling it cheaper. This extension is more than a price comparison it’s a bridge to local businesses. Happy to save and support all thanks to Cultivate.
- (2023-11-11) Sofia Rinaldi: Found a fitness tracker on Amazon, tried Cultivate and it showed me a local sports store offering a sweeter deal. The satisfaction of saving money while shopping locally was unmatched. Thanks for making convenience happen.
- (2023-11-11) Priya Singh: I just used Cultivate for the first time and it's wow. I was looking for a new camera lens on Amazon, Cultivate found it at a local camera shop for a lower price. The best part? I supported a small business in my community. This extension is a win-win for saving money and shopping locally.
- (2023-11-11) Olga Ivanova: Cultivate amazed me! I was browsing for a pair of headphones on Amazon, and Cultivate showed me a local electronics store offering them at a discount. I saved money and it felt great to buy from a store in my neighborhood.
- (2023-11-11) Aisha Khan: Cultivate is my new favorite shopping tool. I wanted to buy a gardening set from Amazon, but thanks to Cultivate, I found it cheaper at a nearby nursery. It is saving me bucks with quality products.
- (2023-11-09) andylister: i like knowing where im spending my money and idk if amazon would allow it with their API but if this extention could block results on amazon by country so i only see the countries i wanna spend money with Idk just a thought maybe be able to get around it with that law that lets anyone scrape sites for data
- (2023-11-09) Danny Vargas: This was placing ads on my google searches. Restrict it only to work within Amazon's site and not EVERY page you visit. Would not be surprised if it was also tracking your browsing especially with it popping up in google search with dubious 5% off deals.
- (2023-11-07) Rahul Kumar: Although the extension doesn't map out products 1:1 EVERY single time, still amazing to have this thing running to compare prices instantly and also to be able to support local merchants where you can. I'm a data nerd myself so being able to also see the country of origin was cool for me. Definitely recommend installing as it keeps you in directionally in check.
- (2023-10-21) Jim Jones: Just stopped working, no stars for product that doesn't work (or requires me to make it work).
- (2023-10-10) Hai: it was great at first, to compare local products on amazon. Now it doesn't work at all. No pop up, no comparing nothing but a log in screen.
- (2023-09-28) Ashley Mata: Doesn't seem to work correctly. I use this extension both for work and personal use. Both accounts have had pending balances for longer than 60days that seemingly will never move to the available. I have contacted customer support and they just say to wait. My work accounts pending balance disappeared and when I contacted support they said it was a glitch and was fixed same day, now its gone again. I hate the awful pop up every time I open a site that has the cash back option, it should remember the choice and not make you activate it every single time on a site you've visited before.
- (2023-09-26) Fflint: Does not seem to work on UK amazon
- (2023-09-26) Shots FF: i have $21 that i cant take out because it never moves from pending
- (2023-08-24) King Kobe: Super helpful extension, especially when buying larger items.. I saved $500 on a Samsung Frame TV!
- (2023-07-26) Jeremy Anderson: Worked for three months, no longer works. Have it on brave search worked great for three months after seeing a youtuber suggest it and I was thankful I could start supporting American companies. Well now it no longer overlays on Amazon, and when I tried to use Google Chrome WHICH I DO NOT WANT ON MY COMPUTER... It said fault extension and kept asking me to reload. I don't know what happened if Amazon is blocking the extension or if google is or if there is something faulty on the back end with the IT team. I am definitely bummed I can no longer find American made products or American companies to support due to whatever is going on.
- (2023-07-20) Rhys Dillard: I got this extension to see product's country of origin, but it ended up coming with a clunky, annoying, resource-hogging interface with useless clutter. This came in the form of a "savings" window that you have to x out every time you refresh or open a new product page. There is no way to disable this. What this extension is trying to do with the whole savings nonsense is already done better by other extensions, and it's a shame they ruined the original concept with such useless clutter. I wish this extension stayed as a simple way to check a product's country of origin, but it seems like they got greedy and bloated it with what is likely disguised adware; I am skeptical that this is what the savings window really is.
- (2023-07-13) Alex: Nice extension, is it possible to add a whitelist so that it doesn't run on every website?
- (2023-07-12) Blur Lost: resource hog of an extension. on a near top tier gaming/media creator rig this things bogs down any sort of medium pace clicking between items, or even different variations of the same item will cause this thing to query for more of its useless data that constantly tried to offer you cheaper alternatives of a lower quality that still ship from china.
- (2023-07-12) 内田ガネーシュ: Can you give me a reason behind this product not being region agnostic? Please add a statistic of the total amount of supported countries added to your product. This does not work in Japan or anywhere in Asia. I love your idea but its been a year now, help us understand where you're facing challenges in making this work worldwide.
- (2023-06-25) Chris Black: It does not work on Amazon Australia nor Japan.
- (2023-05-28) dillon buel: it was nice at the start but somehow it gave me the bing redirect malware be careful if you use this was good while it lasted but clearly easily hacked and infected by someone. hopefully it gets fixed it was nice seeing what was made in china and what wasn't
- (2023-03-31) L: Did not offer any local recommendations at all, just where the product in question came from, which wasn't very helpful.
- (2023-03-28) C K: I get weird static across my whole google chrome window while watching YouTube. One I disabled this extension it stopped.
- (2023-03-17) Tasha B.: It's not what i thought it was. I was expecting for it to find american sellers on amazon. It does not do that. The entire list of sellers are not on amazon.
- (2023-03-14) Mat B: I like the seller info, BUT, the giant box spamming alternate places to buy something similar is both annoying to look at and slows down browsing. Overall and awful extension.
- (2023-02-19) Steven Whiting: Very good. I mentioned to them that it wasn't picking up the Chinese sellers that use shill company address' in the UK to make out they are UK based. I thought of an idea for coding it but knew it would take me forever to work it out. They picked up the idea and have implemented it. So now it even reveals (on Amazon) the Chinese sellers using shill address'. They are quick to fix bugs when reported. Mentioned one the other day with seller location being flagged wrong but it was fixed shortly after. For showing where Amazon sellers are, its really good. That's mainly what I use it for, haven't touched the other parts.
- (2023-02-02) Dmitry Patrakov: Annoying, always shows window that asks for your money (so called "donation"). If you close the windows it pop ups on the next page, blocking buttons and other page elements.
- (2023-01-25) Jen D: I enjoy being able to see where a product is coming from that alone makes the extension worth having around, but this extension gets in the way of my ebay business. I'm trying to work, not shop and I have no way of shutting the app off just for one site. The available optional products offered really haven't been useful so far, a lot of items have nothing to do with that I'm looking for.
- (2023-01-12) Ruro: Works great on the German Amazon but seeing as i exclusively shop on the currently unsupported Swedish Amazon, mostly for warranty reasons, it's not terribly useful for me. I can manage without it today but i really needed it when the site first launched, it was a horrible experience filled to the brim with Chinese junk, it was legit unusable.
- (2023-01-11) Paula Jean Acker: I like the concept and it did help me identify some local stores that carried the same product, but this totally failed at saving any $ because it matched to products with different quantities. For example, a product I frequently buy was $55 for a pack of 64 on Amazon. They showed Walgreens had exact same item for $14.99 - but when I click through, it was $14.99 for a pack of 9, not 64. That's almost 2x the price per unit and they only had 9 packs and 24 packs. Both were higher than Amazon.
- (2022-12-07) Al Tearjen: Awesome extension that is helping you shop for local brands, save money, and give back!
- (2022-11-25) Clint Fisher: Might be good someday, but it finds alternative products that are no where near the same as the product I'm looking for. That is only on Amazon, the app hasn't found a single alternative on ebay. Country of origin seems to work on Amazon and that's desirable.The concept is great, but the application falls short.
- (2022-11-01) borisattva: no matter what the store, no matter what the item, "cheaper alternatives" are ALWAYS not the item being compared to. its not helping my buying experience if you keep suggesting inferior items at lesser price. i'm not shipping for THEM, i'm shopping for what you see on the page. in this state, this app is no better than amazons own "other similar items." except its worse. at least other items have a side by side run down comparing them. this extension is simply trying to lure away the shopper to buy something different, cheaper, and inferior, through some other seller. oh. and those alternative sellers and products? they're also shipped from China. not a single local business/seller. so what is even the point? Removed.
- (2022-10-04) Spencer Levitt: Don't even hesitate to download this extension. I always assumed I was finding the best prices on Amazon, and the first time I saw cultivate's prices pop up when shopping, I realized I had been wasting money for years and years. I usually don't download anything on chrome in fear of cluttering my browser experience, but you will not regret adding cultivate - it's quite literally free money. Bottom line - you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't download.
- (2022-10-04) Austin Pager: Cultivate is GAME CHANGING!!! I have already saved tonsss, donated to great causes and shopped local. Crazy I didn't know about it earlier
- (2022-09-23) Luca: Extremely useful. I will never buy a product from China again!
- (2022-09-10) S Dimmons: So, the add-on tells me that a particular product (USB-C to RJ45 adapter) is being sold by a Chinese company. Great! I thought... let's see what it recommends... Of course, it recommends a Lenovo product where Lenovo is a Chinese company. So... it seems they don't mind is you buy Chinese so long as they get a cut. My vote: Scam
- (2022-08-03) Shashank: Waiting for the devs to make it work on Indian ecommerce websites (Amazon.in, Flipkart.in) too. This will be a really handy extension in finding out the local products.
- (2022-07-18) Raj Kamal Khare: Make it work on amazon.in (Amazon India)
- (2022-06-07) Frederick Schmidt: Made in USA feature seems to be removed, so now it's just a data mining for profit/charity extension.
- (2021-12-27, v:1.0.11568) Bruce Wade: Login problem
Hello, My account, sirvantes137@gmail, is unable to log onto the cultivate site as a password has never been set and the web app passes that point in about 3-5 seconds, not nearly enough to tag the 10pixel URL in the paragraph. Please send a password reset and maybe alter your signup to gather that when option to install the extension. Thanks
- (2021-09-24, v:1.0.10862) Jeff Mercado: Option to report falsely listed businesses
Found a seller for a niche product and purchased from them which was listed by the extension as being in US, but actually from a Chinese seller and sent from there. The listed business address was a US address but the business name was in Chinese. Should be able to report such sellers.
- (2021-09-11, v:1.0.10862) Boghyon Hoffmann: Please migrate to manifest V3 and specify hosts
Currently, the extension has full permission to "Read and change all your data ..." on all websites. This unnecessarily scares us. Migrating to manifest V3 and specifying the exact host names might help to inform users that the extension will be active on the specified e-commerce sites only. Please avoid broad permissions such as "*://*/*". Migration guide: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv3/intro/mv3-migration/#host-permissions
- (2021-05-21, v:1.0.7743) Patrice Boivin: Adding Canadian and European sources
Hi, Would it be possible to add the ability to search for Canadian or European manufacturers as well as American?
- (2021-05-15, v:1.0.7743) Ethan Herdrick: Unclear new message from Chrome about your perms
Wow - your new version prompted a message from Chrome saying that Cultivate can "... read and change the data on the websites you visit." This makes it sound like it reads the data on *all* the websites I visit. I see that that is still not true! It's still limited to a few e-commerce sites, which is good. This is a case of the Chrome team hosing you folks. My sympathies to you. :(
- (2021-05-13, v:1.0.7743) Steve: Non .com support for Amazon
Could you add support for other national domain names. For example, the plugin doesn't work for amazon.co.uk Also, any chance of giving the option to see a different nation for the suggested sources, American isn't much use for me, and is very expensive shipping!
- (2021-05-09, v:1.0.7666) william dutton: Why ask to read/change all websites?
9th May 21, your plugin now requests to alter all websites, not just amazon.* There is no updated info on your plugin page, I hope it is a mistake but I don't think so. I hope your plugin is not expelled form the chrome store due to it (ala The Great Suspender debacle). I'm removing your helpful plugin for now.
- (2021-04-22, v:1.0.5211) therealdgh13 dgh13: Don't want you taking my data, can I just pay money?
Can I pay you a lump sum to buy your product so I don't have you taking my data? It's the same problem I have with Honey. I'd rather pay money than sell my data for advertising.
- (2021-03-06, v:1.0.5211) Cornell Johnson (Cornell3): account
I signed up for and affiliate links can you tell me how? [email protected]