Podcastle converts text news/articles to a podcast, with very natural human speech using machine learning.
With Podcastle, you can instantly turn your authored news and articles, blog posts into podcasts 🎧. And continue the editing of your podcast in our all-in-one Web-based collaborative podcast creation platform. Are you ready to give it a try? ★ NEW: - New HD Voice Skins - Redesigned look and feel - Integration with our Podcast creation and enhancement platform
- (2021-11-17) cruukz`: This is the Best Extension i ever found in the Chrome Web Store, thank you so much!
- (2021-10-21) Epic Epic: Whenever I Try To Sign In Then It Gives Me The Unsupported Browser Error And I'm Using The Newest Version Of Microsoft Edge
- (2021-08-31) Kat Peña: I am loving it so far! Keep up the good work. Hoping to have more upgrade!
- (2021-08-19) Marc Bee: Who would want a separate podcast PER article?! That's not a podcast, that's an audio file!
- (2021-07-29) Swastik Patel: IT'S REALLY helpful
- (2021-05-17) kyran Lalala: Some how dosn not work for me. Also can not sign up using Google but fine with facebook. But did not really work on most pages it would be great if the user can past the text in or upload a file.
- (2021-05-09) procopis christofi: I love the aesthetic, but it only supports english, i have found other extenstions that looks significally worse but support all languages
- (2021-04-20) Ghukas Stepanyan: Amazing product! Highly recommended!
- (2021-03-21) A Capinding: This extension is useful but... would be cooler if they add it on firefox
- (2021-03-18) emarli: Really good for some pages, just wish it would read pdfs! Then it would be amazing for educational purposes.
- (2021-03-10) Laura Davila: Really like it for when I can't focus on reading. Would love a 1.25X speed since 1.5X can be too fast and normal speed is too slow for me. Also if I could skip like 15s at a time since sometimes in the articles I read there's table sthat I don´t want to be read to me.
- (2021-02-28) Laura Marie: I find this extension very useful and use it often for school! It's definitely the best thing out there for converting articles so I can easily listen/learn while I do other things. It does have some downsides though. 1) It does not convert pdf files. 2) It doesn't have enough options for playback speed. I wish I could adjust it to 1.25 or 1.35. 3) I wish it didn't read all of the in-text citations within scientific articles out loud.
- (2021-02-26) Praveen Rajanna: This Helped me a lot...... From now on i can do listen to the podcast and Do my work at a time.... ! Thanks a lot guys.....
- (2021-02-22) Benji Visser: It doesn't seem to work on most pages I try.
- (2021-02-21) nanna Beuschau: Can only understand english, and dont work on anything else than articles online. I does not work in docs, or files. But it was a good idea, if you have english articles only.
- (2021-02-18) Ozen channel: Briliant app!
- (2021-02-17) Boris Adamyan: Thank you !!!
- (2021-02-17) Armen Mkhitaryan: Love it
- (2021-02-04) Christian Aarón Samperio: Esta increible la extension solo falta que agreguen frances porque no existe y lo pone en ingles, arreglen ese detalle y agreguen frances de Francia, sin mas gracias, esperare para que la agreguen.
- (2021-01-25) Kris: Very useful!
- (2021-01-09) Aharon Smbatyan: The quality of voice is impressive.
- (2020-12-23) Good ole Toast: I love this extension but it's not letting switch to a different podcast even if I exit out of that specific page. Overall, this thing is very helpful.
- (2020-12-06) Alber: Please, add the option of pasting the text in the extension or add a contextual menu option for the selected text for the occasions that the extension just says "Whoops! 🤭We weren’t able to convert this page for you." By the way, that emoji there is totally inappropriate. One start less for the f***ing emoji that laughs at you when the extension does not work. (It didn't work for reading me the a Gmail mail)
- (2020-12-02) Ender- Requiem03: OMG this thing is Amazing!!! Very Easy To Use, Clear Voice, and helps me study multiple subjects at a time... Thx so much creators
- (2020-12-01) ais: I think it's down? The website says the server is down and my extension wouldn't convert any article. I can't play the existing podcast and I can't check my history too.
- (2020-12-01) selene mendez: Lo acabo de descargar y no me deja usarlo. Me da Error y tampoco te deja remitir el fallo para que puedan solucionarlo. Como idea es genial, pero al no funcionar...
- (2020-11-27) Dean R. Kern: Sehr gut! Ich bin begeistert von der Sprachqualität!
- (2020-11-27) Vanshika Sahni: best best best !! extension ever
- (2020-11-24) Michael Gonzalez: This is a such a great idea. Sometimes, I can get a little tired and have a hard time reading an article but listening to them like podcasts is so useful.
- (2020-11-21) Brianna Levy: This extension was AMAZING for the first couple of weeks. The visual layout was sleek and mostly convenient (much better than other text-to-speech extensions that brought you to another website to do the conversion). Plus the green, black, and white color scheme is nice and I appreciate the voice and speed customization options. This would honestly get 5 stars if it didn't completely stop working this week. Please see to it that this issue gets fixed. I will miss this Chrome extension, but I obviously can't keep something that doesn't work. Overall: great design, just focus on app longevity and don't download if you want something that works longer than a few weeks.
- (2020-11-19) Ibrahim Khalil: The extension is good but there should be an option for British English narration. Please add this option to make it more useful for UK users.
- (2020-11-18) Jaeden Tai: we can convert our text to mp3 for free but the only things i dont like is we need to login to this service i hav tried a few times to login but i failed to login
- (2020-11-05) Anand Arokianathan: Awesome software and voice only feature that is missing is to convert selected text rather than the whole page and a button to skip 10 seconds or a line
- (2020-11-02) Melissa Walker: I really wanted this to work. I am an auditory learner and hoped this would help my comprehension with scholarly articles and such. I HAVE YET to find an article it can read. Each and every article I have tried to use the extension with has been met with the "whoops, we weren't able to convert this page for you." So disappointing.
- (2020-10-24) Gabriel Mateo: Currently having errors of downloading? It won't download the podcast that I want, is it too long or something?
- (2020-10-14) Peter Beaumont: Does a good job of converting the article to audio, without converting the rest of the page furniture. A bit disapointed that it doesn't create a podcast though; it would be useful to be able to subscribe to an RSS feed to easily download the recordings for offline access later. Audio files can be downloaded individually though. Doesn't convert PDFs yet, but works well with web pages.
- (2020-10-13) Brian Roach: Love it! Only issue is the crackling sound it makes when starting to speak again after each sentence. The system detects the audio is stopped, but then it starts abruptly and causes some unpleasant crackling sound. Does this for me with both voices on Mac. Otherwise, it's incredible and I highly recommend it!
- (2020-10-07) Mario Medina: Maravillosa extension para convertir en audio el texto de determinada pagina, Le doy 5 estrellas porque solo falta el idioma español de América. Pero el español que tiene (de España) es una voz muy natural. No es tan robótica como otras,
- (2020-10-05) Mohammad S. Bataineh: Please add google docs. Blind people will appreciate that so much
- (2020-09-26) Morten Friis: Absolutely brilliant extension. I just wish the was an accompanying android app so I could cue up articles on my computer and then listen to them on my commute (right now I'm using Pocket for this). Also, being able to set speed to x1.25 would be amazing. x1.5 is too fast for my liking and x1 is a little too slow (though preferable to x1.5).
- (2020-09-25) Lecoin Names: I love it when it's free and also helps me focus.
- (2020-09-14) Makayla Holz: I found it very helpful, however I am having trouble with trying to start up a new podcast... It wont let me just reset instantly... Any ideas how to fix? Thank you!
- (2020-09-13) Amir Baer: Cool plugin, works well except when downloading the mp3 file For some reason the audio gets truncated after about 4 minutes
- (2020-09-07) gmapub: Alors oui la voix est claire, nette et réaliste, mais l'app traduit tout en anglais. Elle ne lit pas les articles en français elle les traduit en anglais ... dommage !
- (2020-08-30) sebastian morales: Excelent! it would be even more amazing if you add more human alike voices in spanish! thank you so mucho for this app
- (2020-08-28) Ethyn: it didnt work for me because it doesnt do every article ig.
- (2020-08-25) mollywillo: For every page I try it says it doesn't work for that website...
- (2020-08-20) Aksel Piran: La voix est extrêmement réaliste, c'est une de logiciels géniaux qui deviendront indispensables pour tous, je pense
- (2020-08-19) Hazel Eroy: Just got it but so far, it works great! Only problem is that it doesn't read PDFs
- (2020-08-19) Harut Margaryan: Really good extension for listening news when there is no time or mood to read it :)
- (2021-11-19, v:0.4.1) Emily Bullock: Chrome extension won't log in
Hi! I have the Podcastle Chrome extension on my computer but it will not log in. Every time I click log in, it takes me to my already logged-in profile in a different tab, and then doesn't update within the extension. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked so far.
- (2021-08-26, v:0.4.0) adele insaf kaouaoua: LANGUAGE
Bonjour est- il possible de passer de l'anglais au français ?
- (2021-06-19, v:0.4.0) Arnaldo Fonseca: Not works
Why is it not work in chrome. The palyner never convert. I want to upgrade but never works to test.
- (2021-06-14, v:0.4.0) Ben Salzano: No option to play
Starting today, 6/14, clicking the "convert to podcast" button does nothing. The button disappears, but the player never loads.
- (2021-04-02, v:0.3.0) Bethel Etoile: NO FUNCIONA
Lo descargue y solo me sale para que hable yo , y no tengo esa necesidad quiero que lea el articulo o pagina web , nada mas.
- (2021-03-12, v:0.3.0) B.N.Nithin Subramanya: Playback Speed
Hey, The extension is beautiful and has become an essential part of my daily routine. I only wish that there was a playback speed of 1.25x added. 1.0x is too slow and 1.5x is too fast. I'm quite missing the sweet spot there. Please add the 1.25x speed if possible. Thanks.
- (2021-03-01, v:0.3.0) Alexmar Diaz: No puedo usarla
Hola! espero que este bien. Estoy intentando acceder a la pagina pero cuando oprimo la opción (get started) me envía automáticamente a la pagina de google apps y me pide que instale la extensión, pero ya la he instalado, agradecería su asistencia, en verdad me interesa utilizar esta plataforma, gracias!
- (2021-03-01, v:0.3.0) Len Kelly: Can't find an article that can be converted. Five tries! Need a sample link to see it work.
I have tried five articles and always get "can't convert message". Could someone give me a link that would be acceptable so I can at least see it work before I remove it.
- (2021-02-24, v:0.3.0) vikram krish: can we use it in the word doc?
can we use it in the word doc?
- (2020-11-26, v:0.3.0) Angela Carolina Mendoza: NO FUNCIONA
Instale la aplicación pero no logro que funcione. Tampoco encuentro mayor información. ya la tengo en mis extensiones- pero siempre me abre la misma página de inicio. un saludo, Carol
- (2020-11-18, v:0.3.0) Clair Sheedy: Speed options
Can you please offer a 1.25X speed? Often 1X speed is too slow but 1.5X is too high.
- (2020-11-16, v:0.3.0) Carlos Wyrick: cant login
I have tried various methods to login to use podcastle, it says there is a problem and won't allow me to login in any way. I really need to use it is there an outage??
- (2020-10-22, v:0.3.0) Gordon Grigg: Google Docs and PDFs
Hi I was wondering if it would be possible for it to read a Google Doc or a PDF. That is what I am mainly reading and would enjoy to use this extension instead of the others one available because this one has a better reading voice.
- (2020-10-22, v:0.3.0) Lincoln Ho: Bible verses don't read properly.
When people quote Bible verses, such as "Jn 3:16-18", it doesn't read it properly. If the verse is within quotations, the AI should figure out that it's "John 3:16", and not "J N three, sixteen minus eighteen."
- (2020-10-10, v:0.3.0) Meri Walker: Any other voices besides the male default?
I'm interested in using your app, but I would like to have a female voice reading my articles. Also interested in having Google Drive articles and PDFs read. Do you have a timeline on this?
- (2020-10-06, v:0.3.0) Jean-Paul Nicophene: Working for Google Docs
Hello :) I was just wondering if there will be an update for this to work on Google Docs? Thanks
- (2020-09-29, v:0.3.0) Justin Landis: Context menu shortcut? etc.
Hello. I've just started using your extension. It works great but I have been having trouble syncing across devices for some reasons. Also, I was wondering if your developers were considering adding a context menu or right click, option for example "send link to Podcastle playlist." It would be great to right click links and add them directly to the playlist without first opening each page. Finally, about TTS speed. It would be great if the user had more granular control of the speed. For me, normal is too slow and 1.5X is too fast. 1.2X would be splendid. Looking forward to using Podcastle daily. Thank you for your time.
- (2020-09-26, v:0.3.0) Adnan Syed: Support for google docs/PDFs
Hello I saw that you are planning on adding support for PDFs, any time line on that? Def reccommend
- (2020-09-25, v:0.3.0) Rich Armington, LCSW, CGP, SEP: how to delete, and also how to get the original article read vs only the 'further reading' at. the end?
two questions: how to delete articles I don't want in 'history'; also, an article I want to listen to only reads the "further reading" list at the very end, not the actual article in the beginning body; here is the link, & thanks: https://www.santafe.edu/what-is-complex-systems-science
- (2020-09-15, v:0.3.0) Sarah Rodriguez: I can't create an account
I have tried multiple times and haven't been successful. I tried via Google sign on and i get an error message "something went wrong. try again later." And when i try just by entering my email and password, I click "Continue" after entering the password I want and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled five times with no luck. Please help
- (2020-09-02, v:0.2.2) Heather Ferrea: Can't access on Mac
I can find the extension on Macbook pro under extensions, but when I want it to read a page, there's no icon in the toolbar, no popup or anything to activate the app. The app screen allows me to adjust settings, but other than that, I can't do anything there. How can I just make it work/read a webpage?!
- (2020-08-31, v:0.2.2) Dubem Okafor: Sections
I really love this plugin. It's so useful and makes life so much easier, but would it be possible to select parts of articles or papers, cuz occasionally I want to read only parts of the article but i can't keep scrubbing through the entire lengths of research papers to find where i need to be
- (2020-08-06, v:0.1.1) Maryum: Cant hear the developed podcast
I have added the extension and it seems to be working but there is no sound. I have already checked my device and even chrome seems to be working fine. Let me know how to fix this
- (2020-08-03, v:0.1.1) Clare Wadbrook: Can log in but the extension is unaware that I have
I added the extension and then went to an article to use it. I was directed to a website to create an account. I appeared to be successful as I was given the option to log out and it showed my email address at the top right corner of the screen. However, when I clicked on the extension as directed, it asked me to log in. I tried 6 times to recreate the account.I first used my Google account and then returned to the article to have it create a podcast. I tried using my email account, but it would not progress to the next screen - so I tried to log in using my Facebook account, which said that it logged me in - but again when I activated the extension from the website with the article - the extension asked me to log in - despite the fact that one of my Chrome Tabs was your website stating that I was logged in. Any advise would be gratefully received as I have heard good things about this product. Many thanks, Clare
- (2020-07-31, v:0.1.1) Olivia Lee: Getting started
I literally can't figure out how it works. I installed it and tried to sign up. I didn't get any further because the 'continue' button on the website didn't do anything. I tried signing in with a gmail account and didn't get any further after saving account information. Please make a tutorial or something like that. I've heard good things about this extension. I just need a text to speech app that doesn't sound like a robot and can adjust speed.
- (2020-07-31, v:0.1.1) jeremy: School Work
Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to add support for Google Docs, PDF files, and the like. It would help to better proofread my assignments, as well as understanding rubrics and syllabuses better.