This extension uses readability.js to parse out the 'cruft' leaving you with simply the article to read.
This extension simply parses web pages cutting out ads and unnecessary distractions leaving you with what you want: the content.
- (2020-01-08) Vinicius de Moraes Ribeiro: Has a critical flaw: it breaks some websites, even if you're not actively using it. (And therefore it shouldn't be active and impact anything. Just having it installed already changes websites.) Otherwise: great concept and seems to work.
- (2019-12-15) Nils-Werner Claesson: The are no options for font customizaion.
- (2019-10-10) Zeshi Zheng: this extension will block normal website's background image even you don't click to enable it. e.g. https://pickem.na.lolesports.com/en-US#welcome Otherwise it's great. Please fix it! Thanks!
- (2018-10-09) Jim Hubbard: It breaks imgur.com and other sites renderings even without being invoked. Just installing the extension breaks the CSS of sites like imgur. Here is an image showing imgur with the extension installed and after uninstalling this extension - http://www.mediafire.com/view/ikis0a9o70ucf14/both.png/file
- (2018-08-04) Would just like to change the font, a simple UI would do. But great for print previews.
- (2018-06-12) Derek Hohls: It works for onscreen viewing but unfortunately you cannot print the result.
- (2018-05-11) Sebastián Blanco: Works pretty well, but lacks customization, or even a night mode, which is a fundamental feature for this sort of tools
- (2018-04-13) Shaun Pankau: Good so far. Works better than some other reading extensions I've tried, and it's fast too. The defaults are quite good, but I'd like to see an options panel added to control the output a bit.
- (2018-01-16) mr integrity: Doesn't actually do anything.
- (2017-10-31) Amazing way to strip away the distractions so I can focus on what's important!
- (2017-10-27) An option for web browsing to be less miserable! Woot!!
- (2017-08-10) Anthony Flores: Love it! Will be a whitelist on certain urls? I want to apply to *.com (all sites)