Learning Chinese one tab at a time
Hanzi Xiaobai (Chinese Newbie) allows you to practice your Chinese skills each time you open a new tab on your favorite web browser. You can explore and play with more than 3000 of the most common Chinese characters! We also compiled a list of the best resources: books, apps, podcasts and tutors (no affiliation, we genuinely recommend them) for the ones who want to dive deeper into that beautiful language. Features - Get a random Chinese character with its pinyin and English definition every time you open a new tab - Listen to the correct Chinese pronounciation by a native - Read sentences picked from famous books and quotes using that specific character. - Watch as the character get drawn with the correct stroke order on the screen - Practice drawing the character yourself with help or not - Choose your own HSK (official Chinese test) levels to practice only characters that are meaningful to you Problems? Questions? Suggestions? Effusive praise? Contact me swann.polydor[at]gmail.com I will be sure to get back to you shortly. And don't forget to have fun in your Chinese learning journey! ➜ WHAT'S NEW? - Change your HSK preferences at any time
- (2021-07-19) 者忍: Great extension, does more than I expected it (probably more than I needed actually), but I really wish there was a way to customize a bit. For example, it's a little bit difficult to read the translation: the font is small and the contrast is low. Also, I'd love to have the ability to turn off pinyin. In my experience, pinyin makes it harder to memorize characters.
- (2020-07-10) SOKYOU KYOU (STEPHINE): I am studying in Japan. And one day my Japanese friend told me that she is using a tool, hanzi xiaobai, to learn Chinese. She told me that she really likes it because the logo of hanzi xiaobai is so cute and she could make the most use of her time studying Chinese. So out of curiosity, I downloaded hanzi xiaobai and I start to like it because it also teaches stroke orders. Hate to admit it that as a native Chinese speaker, my stroke orders are not always right. Hanzi xiaobai is useful to me in this aspect.
- (2020-07-10) Ada Kuo: My foreign friend asked me to recommend some tools in order to learn the Chinese language. I browsed a lot tools and I liked Hanzixiaobai the best. It is very user-friendly and neat. My friend told me that she really likes it.
- (2020-07-10) Gloria GU: My Canadian boyfriend finally started to love to learn Chinese after I had recommended Hanzi Xiaobai to him. I would recommend to any Chinese who wants their boyfriend or girlfriend to start to learn more about the Chinese language and culture.
- (2020-07-10) Tianyi Feng: Hanzi xiaobai is so useful, beautiful and well organized. There are many resources, like Chinese-learning books, apps, podcasts as well as experienced Chinese tutors. I love the teaching of stroke orders because my stroke orders are sometimes wrong! I like to take a rest to have fun with Hanzi Xiaobai when I want to take a break from my work. I really love it! I would recommend it to any Chinese learners of any levels and even to native Chinese students who have trouble with learning stroke orders.