A discussion forum for every webpage
SpeakUp is a browser extension that opens a sidebar containing a discussion forum where you can discuss and comment on the article you're reading. You can use SpeakUp on any web page, but particularly news articles, blog posts, and YouTube videos that don't have a comment section. Your comments will be seen by other readers, who will be able to upvote, reply, and recommend. To open the SpeakUp sidebar, click the red/blue bubble S icon on the browser extensions menu. To change extension settings, right click on the icon and select Options. SpeakUp uses Disqus comment thread software.
- (2020-10-23) modiX: The idea is great and the tool is working properly. You can share your thoughts on any website, bypassing censorship of the author's page. However, barely anybody is using it. Another good way for the censorship bypass is sharing the link on Reddit and start a discussion there, but this solution here is perfect, because you can start commenting anywhere without any hassle. I suggest to use it, nontheless, maybe it will evolve to something cool regarding free-speech.
- (2020-07-28) Support Team: Good job guys. This is something we need
- (2020-07-28) Johnny NH: This is a great tool. I lvoe to share my opinion but many thin-skined authors disabled their comment box.
- (2020-07-28) David H H: Now this a really a tool for freedom of speech advocacy
- (2020-07-28) Don Polu: Yahoo has disabled their comment secton. This is a great tool to share your opinions