Couldn't give a rat's bum about Sports or Entertainment news, and tired of having to scroll through all that garbage everyday? You…
Couldn't give a rat's bum about Sports or Entertainment news, and tired of having to scroll through all that garbage everyday? You know you're picking that crap up subliminally no matter how fast you scroll, right? It's making you stupider bit by bit, day by day. Stop harassing your own psyche and get rid of it once and for all. For the low, low price of $0 bucks - that's half a cup of coffee - this extension will remove the Sports and Entertainment sections from your Google News feed forever. Why $0? Well, because I paid a nice young gentleman on Fiverr $40 for this sweet ride, and so I was gonna get you to chip in $2 for gas. But apparently the Goog's decided extensions are free. So, $0. Just here doing a small service for humanity. You're welcome.
- (2023-02-25) Jan: Great idea. Unfortunately with the "new look" Google News, Feb 2023, it doesn't work anymore.
- (2023-02-10) Daniel Roy: Thank you! So far it's working just as advertised. It's so embarrassing for me to have sports and entertainment junk displayed on my screen when people pass by. I DO NOT want people thinking I care about such garbage.
- (2023-01-09) Sergey Budarin: Not working at all! Wasted my time! Arrgh
- (2022-04-16) Trent Isaacson: Really needs an update... it hasn't had one in almost 2 years and it shows. Currently it does nothing, so there's no reason to have it installed.
- (2022-03-16) Phil Chadwick: Sports now sneak through. I've removed and re-added, no change. :-(
- (2022-02-23) Bruno: Didn't work here
- (2022-01-30) Alton “Al” Danks: Jan 2022. Doesn't work to eliminate Sports anymore, but you can use the Good News extension and add "Sports" or "Entertainment" as the Pattern to eliminate. This works to eliminate those sections.
- (2022-01-03) Preston Hanson: HELP!! Please update to kill the sports section!!
- (2021-11-06) Gorilla Sapiens: worked great, until it didn't. I got the same effect with tampermonkey and the script at pastebin(dot)com(slash)eXdzF6fD
- (2021-11-01) Dan: no longer blocks sports
- (2021-10-31) Kaspir Jones: Stopped working today :/. No matter what I do sports is back now. Entertainment is still gone, but the sports cancer has made it's way back. Please update this. Would love to keep using it.
- (2021-10-21) Richard Hartnell: Bless.
- (2021-09-14) Sandhya Kunnatur: Thank you! Helps my sanity and saves time.
- (2021-08-26) David Castillo: Simple and effective. Wish we could use this on mobile, but Google insists on an authoritarian grasp of its ecosystem. Thanks for this!
- (2021-08-18) Ben Jarlett: The removed sections still appear in Top Stories! I edited the source code to remove Business instead of Entertainment. Thanks though - great idea. :)
- (2021-06-17) Eric Stern: It works! Many thanks.
- (2021-06-11) Krayne Porter: They're gone! They're FINALLY gone! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- (2021-06-08) Iso Tubig: Sadly it no longer works on Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) Google, you don't understand that many of us find forcing Sports and Entertainment on us actually offensive. Please stop forcing Entertainment and Sports news
- (2021-05-03) Cliff Welch: I love you, this is wonderful, it does what it says it does. Celebrity trash is gone!
- (2021-04-14) Drew Henrie: BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! IMMEDIATELY WORKED!!! NO MORE ANNOYING IRRELEVANT NEWS!!!
- (2021-04-06) Saurabh Sharma: History will remember you for less than price of half a cup of coffee
- (2021-03-06) Marie-Anne Hachey: You are the one true god.
- (2021-01-28) Dan Rubin: 1,000,000 Stars! This is the best, thank you for this!
- (2021-01-25) Russ Zinck: Finally - the word Kardashian will never appear in my "news" again.
- (2021-01-10) Blake Piercy: Says what it does and does what it says! I applaud you sir, you have my sincerest thanks.
- (2020-12-30) Robert Andre Villegas II: YOU ARE DOING EXCELLENT WORK!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SOLUTION FOR A WHILE!
- (2020-12-27) David Jannke: You sir have done a service to the world. It only has access to news.google.com pages as well - no widespread access BS. Many thanks.
- (2020-12-22) Jim Ankrum: Thank you for this!!! It works perfectly!
- (2020-12-17) First Lastname: The people who brought this to fruition are flippin' heroes. Works perfectly! Thank you so much!
- (2020-12-12) M. Qtipƺ: Thank you! You are a gentleman and a scholar. Now if you'd add a thing to get rid of "Tweets", which apparently Google has decided are "news", I could actually use Google News app.
- (2020-12-09) Howard Liu: Does what it says in the name.
- (2020-11-30) Vineet Kumar: Does what it says on the tin
- (2020-11-22) Alan Tsang: It gets rid of that which does not spark joy!
- (2020-09-08) Kranthi Kumar: Perfect I really wish there was a similar extension built for safari. I request the developer to share the code if it is opensource. I will build a safari extension myself.
- (2020-09-03) Landon Ray: PERFECT.
- (2020-08-31) Phillip Schmeling: This worked for me, I don't have to scroll through all the sports and celebrity "news" anymore. Thanks! Now if I can only find a way to get rid of the Business section...
4.3 (38 votes)
Last update / version
2020-07-31 / 1.0.0