A simple synonym finder for Google Chrome
A simple synonym finder, thesaurus and dictionary for Chrome. Double click any word on any website to find synonyms for it. This extension is perfect for improving your vocabulary, or finding alternative words quickly while writing emails, documents, etc. - Double click any word to quickly access and replace synonyms, antonyms, definitions, and more - Right click anywhere or press Alt+S to access a quick search thesaurus/dictionary box, options, help, etc. - Sign in to the extension for extra features such as a weekly summary email - Frequent automatic updates with new features and bug fixes (contact us if you want to request something!) - And more! This is Simply Synonyms beta - this means there are likely some small bugs and features that don't yet work completely. Simply Synonyms is also open-sourced at <https://github.com/Simply-Synonyms> under the GPL-3.0 license. This ensures that the current version of the Simply Synonym extension's source code and any variations of it will always be available to users. **** Simply Synonyms is powered by the Merriam-Webster dictionary API. Simply Synonyms is not endorsed or sponsored by Merriam-Webster Inc.
- (2021-10-21) Dimosthenis Arkoudeas: Really helpful . Works as expected and lighting fast
- (2021-02-03) Vincent Lee: i would've liked to use this more but it doesn't work on most of the writing sites i frequent, like asianfanfics or tumblr. though i'm happy to say it works on wattpad and archive of our own. :) just sad that it doesn't work on my other favorite platforms.
- (2020-12-28) Benjamin A. Dev: I have to say, in my own very biased opinion, I do love Simply Synonyms. Not quite sure why Google lets me review my own extension but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As well as leaving a review here, don't be afraid to reach out with additional feedback at <https://synonyms.bweb.app/contact>
- (2020-12-26) Marharols: Definitely underrated, it would be handy if it had a right click ability so that its easier to get straight to the dictionary.
- (2020-07-31) Brendan J Boehr: So far so good! It only works on editable text fields (by default) - but this can be changed. Works as advertised and is OPEN SOURCE!! (All the other thesaurus extensions... who knows what they do in the background??)
- (2021-01-21, v:0.3.7) Jodi Stammer: Nothing happens
I installed the extension, selected a word, right clicked, chose Simply Synonyms Tools, then Search thesaurus/dictionary and nothing happens. I tried closing and reopening Chrome and that didn't help. Also, it would be nice to have it right in the right click menu without having to click through a menu.