An extension that assesses the readability of text using SMOG, and cross-compared with popular and classic literature.
The principle behind the plug-in is to allow users to explore the complexity of any text found within a webpage. Users identify the text of interest, activate the plug-in and the text is automatically captured and checked for readability using a SMOG based algorithm. A cross-comparison is then made between the complexity and length of the input text, with values stored for existing popular and classic literature. The idea is to present information about text complexity in a way users can relate to.
- (2017-07-11) Pascal KOTTE: super
- (2015-10-01) Robby Ratpoison: <c>when testing i noticed that it rates Green Eggs and Ham as being more difficult than itself</c>
- (2015-02-25) Matt A.: computerphile too
- (2015-02-13) I am also here from Computerphile :-)
- (2014-08-08) josh Katz: I would love to see the source code. P.S. <c>, just wanted to mess up that guy's parsing algorithm xD
- (2014-02-22) Jonas Hopp: It should work in other languages than english to be completely useful to everyone. Great plugin anyway.
- (2014-02-07) David Santiago: Thankyou <c> computerpile </c>
- (2014-02-05) Herman Bastesen: woot woot
- (2014-02-06, v:3.4) ylluminate: Taking document data?
I was a little upset as I was using your tool on some confidential information from another client that was under NDA and was about to paste in a limited portion of the text to the plugin, but then saw that all of the textual data was analyzed. Does our text get pulled down to your server for analysis and if so, what are your policies for this data as I have to make sure that this data is not seen by other eyes for legal purposes?