Allows viewing of Google My Business "Categories"
Do you love keeping an eye on your competitors? Just wait until you try GMBspy. With one simple click, we show you the current categories for any GMB page on Google Maps or in Google Search. While the GMB category information is public, it can be difficult for the average user to locate this information in the HTML. Categories are important content elements that help feed Google's knowledge graph, and can help improve your rankings in local Google Search. You can even copy a comma-quote-separated file to the clipboard for spreadsheet analysis. From car dealers to pizza parlors, small retailers to big box national brands, we show you all of their GMB categories so you can see why they may be potentially winning in local search. INSTRUCTIONS: Once you install the GMBspy Chrome Extension, and "pin" the extension into your Chrome toolbar, you are ready to go. You then simply perform a GMB search from Google Search or Google Maps, and select the individual business you wish to analyze. Once you've selected the business you simply fire the GMBspy tool to analyze the categories. If you have additional questions, visit our GMBspy web page at: https://www.generationsdigital.com/gmbspy Thank you for your support!
- (2021-02-16) Ryan: never works. Just shows a bunch of dots
- (2020-10-08) Tim Colling: This is a handy tool and it works well. Note that it only works in Google Maps, not in Google search results pages.
- (2020-10-07) Michael Donovan: Our team at Search Engines MD uses this tool for audits on a daily basis and highly recommend this tool. If you put a lot of effort into GMB then this tool is a must.
- (2020-10-06) Dave Spannhake: The team at Reunion Marketing has used this tool for several audits both for our existing partners as well as to help showcase opportunities for prospects as we share opportunity areas for dealerships not yet working with us. It's fast and easy to use. This helps monitor both your dealerships and your competitors, a very helpful tool for anyone working in GMB. Reunion endorsed!
- (2020-10-06) Cody Jerry: What a great resource for Local SEO!
- (2020-10-06) Matt Triana: I use this tool whenever I am auditing GMB profiles and it has proved to be very useful. I really like how the results pull down onto the page because I include this in my screenshots and call it out. This has saved me a lot of time and really helps show value to our customers and prospects.
- (2020-10-06) Amy Peck: This is a great tool that our team uses every day. It saves us a ton of time!
- (2020-10-05) Tim Colling: It was nice while it worked, but now it no longer works. :(
- (2020-09-18) taras wp: Great tool!
- (2020-09-18) Trevor Nadeau: This is really an amazing tool. Really will help clients understand how they can improve their discoverability versus their local competitors. Found out about GMBSpy during the Whitespark Summit. Thank you.
- (2020-09-14) Andrew Optimisey: What a time saver! Digging out a listing (or competitor's!) primary & secondary categories used to be such a pain! This lil' gizmo does it in a click! Great stuff.
- (2020-09-08) Andrea Ferrero: Saves a lot of time !!! a great toool
- (2020-09-04) Paul Nenni: Very helpful tool to see how your competitors are getting discovered on google searches.
- (2020-09-02) Jay Skunkworks: Seems to work well. Looking forward to using this more!
- (2020-08-31) Chris Clarke: Works well. But you have to remember to change the url from .co.uk to .com if using it in the UK. Don't know if the mask for permitted domains allows for a wildcard on the TLD? i..e google.* rather than Google.com/* ?
- (2020-08-28) Payam Karbalai: Great Tool! Very helpful and indeed useful
- (2020-08-27) Isma M: Great tool! no need to check the source anymore.
- (2020-08-22) Steve Stauning: Great little tool that makes it quick and easy to check the GMB categories of competitors. Also recommended for companies with multiple GMB listings.
- (2021-01-25, v:1.56) Marden Nochez: Data security
Really interested in your application but I have a concern about my data security. Why would you need to "access and CHANGE my data in the sites I visit"?
- (2020-12-21, v:1.56) Ronald Knak: can´t see the categories
Hallo, the GMBspy is pinnend in my google chrome. In a GMB page- the GMBspy shor me the name of the buisness, but dont show me any categorie. Please help me get results. Thanks Ronald
- (2020-11-26, v:1.56) Cunning Stunt: Delete?
Downloaded GMB spy, managed to pin it in the extensions bar after 30 minutes of messing around. No idea how it works, can't find any instructions on the web store page nor under the extensions icon. Delete?
- (2020-11-23, v:1.56) Brad Warren: Categories are not working
When I try to replicate the search you have as an example in the Chrome store or do my own search I do not get any Categories. What I see is a series of red dots. I am using version 1.56
- (2020-11-10, v:1.56) Andrea A Smith: I cannot see this extension on my Chrome...likethe others??? where it is??
Cannoty see this extension...
- (2020-10-23, v:1.56) Ryan McCain: When I left click on the extension, the right click menu now comes up?
Any idea why this is? The left click works fine for my other extensions. Thanks
- (2020-09-15, v:1.4) Craig Mullins: Is it working?
Some listings it's not giving me data for?
- (2020-09-11, v:1.3) Steve Krinks: Not working in Australia
Hi George, I'm running 1.3 on Chrome 85.0.4183.102 but I don't get any categories showing up. I've tried on google.com/maps and google.com.au/maps Any ideas?
- (2020-09-10, v:1.3) Ryan McCain: It's not appearing for me
When I installed it, it showed then hid. See here: http://prntscr.com/uelbe0 Notice it doesn't show up when I am on the business listing. Thanks
- (2020-08-28, v:1.1) T K Fooks: Extension Not Working?
I've tried to replicate the Hennessy Cadillac example, but still get no categories shown in the extension. URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hennessy+Cadillacemail@example.com,-84.1300627,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f5a31ebc628b71:0xfd5bf3684b8696a8!8m2!3d33.9655971!4d-84.127874
- (2020-08-28, v:1.1) Eoghan O'Sullivan: More details/instructions please
To avoid confusion, maybe you could add instructions e.g. "Works with Google Maps, not Google Search" really useful extension that is well placed to be so for a good long while.
- (2020-08-27, v:1.1) Fraser McCulloch: Does it work in UK ?
no instructions on how to use and it does not show any categories in the UK