Jo the Fish will swim around your browser and let you know if something smells fishy
🏳️🌈Is that website supportive of LGBTQ+ rights? ✊🏾Does the company support the BLM movement? 🍀Is that brand eco-friendly? 💰Is that company investing money in the right places? Jo the Fish is an extension that answers these questions, informing users of facts about the website that one visits. Our short-term mission is to help users make informed choices online by providing information of the website/company's mission and historical actions - good and bad. Our big-picture goal is to direct users to companies and websites with positive missions and historical actions. We want to highlight, support, and celebrate these companies that brings good to our world! ## Benefits of Jo the Fish ✅Easy and quick: Once you download Jo the Fish, you'll see Jo hanging around on the top right side of your browser. Whenever you visit a website, Jo the Fish will automatically change color, indicating whether the website/company has a positive, neutral, or negative mission and history. ℹ️Informative: If you want to learn more details about the website, you can click on Jo the Fish and we will direct you to a page that gives you more extensive information regarding the company. 🤝Interactive: You can be a part of our team with little effort! You can report any information you know about regarding websites or companies through Jo the Fish. That way, we can add more useful information to our database and have more people benefit from the information that YOU submit to us! You can do that here: http://shorturl.at/nO149 ## Why is this important? Today, there is a heightened attention given to making informed decisions online. People rightfully seek to support environmentally-friendly businesses, black-owned brands, LGBTQ+ supportive companies, and others. That said, Jo the Fish is important not because it is simply a "trend" but because it is *inherently* important to be informed of the world we live in and the companies we use our money in. As our world is becoming more and more digital every day, it will become more and more important to become informed online users as time passes - especially as there are more and more issues and actions that are being exposed and coming to light in the expansive online world. ## We're in this together. Creating an online world with informed users is a collaborative effort - we all take part in this! That said, we encourage you to submit any and all information that you believe is important for other people visiting the websites that you visit. We are certain that there are people out there who would love to know that information about the websites they visit. Join our team being reaching out via our website: jothefish.com
- (2020-09-27) Noora Mathur: Very useful!
- (2020-09-23) Thunder Claw: its cute, and kinda helpful I guess? but it wasn't what I was looking for.
- (2020-09-22) Sarah Verin: This app is such an important tool. As consumers, we should be aware of the practices of the companies we support. This is a great tool and can't wait for them to expand the websites they rate.
- (2020-09-18) Mélissa Clisson: I really love the concept of this extension!! I believe it's really important to have such tools in our society. And I'm already checking what color Jo is whenever I visit a new website!
- (2020-09-18) Zach Miller: So helpful!
- (2020-09-17) James Watson: Great start up idea looking forward to seeing it progress to more sites !!!!
- (2020-09-17) Jonah Cattani: Yes!! I love that it is not meant to be used as a policing tool, but as an option to people who just can't ignore ignorance and want to be informed about whichever sites they are trusting!
- (2020-09-17) Nathan Khuu: Cool idea!
- (2020-09-17) Mike Zandona: Love the idea! It seems to have just launched, but has a lot of potential. There aren't many sites that have been rated yet, but hopefully they will update it more and more in the future.