Records Google Meet™ attendance and exports to Google Sheets™.
NEW in Version 1.3: 50x more storage space for classes and rosters! Are you a teacher who has had trouble taking attendance in this new virtual environment? Have you run into trouble trying to keep track of students coming in and out of Google Meets? If this is you, then you have come to the right extension! Taking attendance on Google Meet can be a cumbersome process, so we have made everything simple for you. With Attendance for Google Meet, recording attendance is as easy as a few clicks. This extension supports a variety of unique features: - an intuitive user interface that integrates seamlessly with the Google Meet UI - allows the user to create and store multiple class lists - presents a list of the students with intuitive symbols that show whether they are present, absent, previously present but left (e.g. due to technical difficulties), or present but not on your attendance list - easy editing of students in a class - one-click export to Google Sheets Our automatically generated spreadsheets have separate sheets for each of your classes. Once you hit export, the extension updates the sheet corresponding to your class with the latest attendance data, complete with the Meet code, date, time, and a row for each student. Each student entry contains the following information: - name - whether they were present or not - the time they joined - the time they left - the amount of times they joined - the total duration during which they were in the call Our extension is secure and does not invade the user’s data or student information (source code can be found at https://github.com/tytot/attendance-for-google-meet#attendance-for-google-meet). If you have any questions, please contact the developers at [email protected]
- (2021-04-06) Lyndsay Heck: I love this extension! It makes taking attendance so easy and it's clear who is present and who isn't. One time I had an issue and I reached out via email (Not reviews) to the creators and they responded to me in a short amount of time and helped me resolve the issue. I don't really use the Export feature as I really only need it to quickly take attendance so I can't speak to that. I also like that the extension just adds a button right next to the Chat and the People buttons already in Google Meet. It's not an extension that pops up in the background and/or gets in the way. It looks like it came with Google Meet.
- (2021-04-01) Atharv Somwanshi: When Exporting It Is Telling User Did Not Approve Access, I Saw It But Again Coming User Did Not Approve Access.
- (2021-03-26) Ropel Pl: The difference between this extension and many others that take attendece is very simple: this one actually works, and it works excellent.
- (2021-03-25) 20UMA141 Andrew Kingsly Raj: 👍👍👍
- (2021-03-24) Fernando Meinero: I found it a great tool. I have one question: when is the correct time to export the sheet? At the beggining of the class or at the end?
- (2021-03-15) Maria Neriza Zara: It was so good! but sometimes the attendance is wrong I wish it will be fixed because it will be perfect if it will be fixed I will count on you thank you!!
- (2021-03-05) PATRICIA HUERFANO GAITAN: Cuántas clases máximo se pueden agregar??? porque no me permite mas de 7
- (2021-02-24) عايد الفتلي: عند تصديره يخبر المستخدم بأنه لم يوافق على الوصول
- (2021-02-14) Marvin Joshua Ruiz: Not working now. I had 163 attendees. I added them all in a "class". NONE were scanned.
- (2021-01-29) Karen hlk: Hi, love this! Had a bit of confusion at first but I figured it out. I've got a question though. I teach 3 different classes twice weekly. Each of the classes have a different Meet link. Will the attendance be saved under different dates or will they get overwritten by the new one? Meaning will I be able to check back past attendance or do I have to quickly download the current one before my next class? Thanks!
- (2021-01-21) chetan Sharma: hii developer this extension is very helpful and better than others but can you increase the size to add more classes currently we can only add 8 classes after that no more members will added in another class
- (2020-12-05) Adriel Espinoza: I use this extension a lot. But I have some problems when there are 30-40 (especially 36-37) participants in the meeting. The extension is slow, it doesn't detect if a participant joined or left the class. I reinstalled it, but the extension doesn't work until about 30 participants are in the meeting. Please, I have about 40 participants in the class and I need to take attendance. I hope you will fix that problem, thanks.
- (2020-12-04) Jynease Emerson: I loved originally but it has stopped working in the past few weeks. It will not export the attendance.
- (2020-12-01) Siva Kumar: When Exporting It Is Telling User Did Not Approve Access, I Saw It But Again Coming User Did Not Approve Access, I am using latest version 1.2.9
- (2020-11-24) Sarah Foster: It takes attendance beautifully. I love that it tells you when students entered/left. Unfortunately, it won't export to a google sheet. If they fixed that, it would be perfect. It's still by far better and easier to use than other extensions.
- (2020-11-21) Katsuki Bakugou: At first it was a great ad-on but after the second day once i clicked the extension in the meet, buttons disappeared and I couldn't exit out of it.
- (2020-11-17) Nicolette Hendricks: I love this extension but it stopped working yesterday and now it's taking me the first 5 minutes of class to take attendance manually! Please HELP!
- (2020-11-17) Larry Goble: It was good, but now it is not working in Google Meet. HELP!
- (2020-11-17) Farahmand IT: I think Google changed some of its Google Meet code . and It does not work these days . will it work ? Tnx
- (2020-11-12) roxana yauri sencia: HE BUSCADO MUCHAS EXTENSIONES, HASTA QUE ENCONTRE ESTA Y ME RESULTO MUY BIEN. SIN EMBARGO DESDE HOY NO FUNCIONA. O ES QUE TENGO QUE PAGAR?
- (2020-10-24) Cameron Troutman: Will not generate new entry when using SAME meet link for multiple days with same class. I want to love this, but unfortunately most of us use the same meet links for our classes each day/week. When exporting attendance and if you use the same meet link everyday - it doesn't start a new "log" and just adds to existing spreadsheet. It does work great if you use a different Meet Link for each class meeting, but would love to see an update for being able to use the same link... unless I'm doing something wrong.
- (2020-10-13) Alia Ameen: Its so much more better to mark the attendence since i am a teacher
- (2020-10-11) Farahmand School: There is nothing better than it . بهترین، کاربردی ترین افزونه دبیرستان غیردولتی فرهمند دوره اول رشت
- (2020-10-08) mary jane gamboa: Why can't i export the attendance? Idk what to do. Someone pls help me.
- (2020-09-30) Gloeduard Milanes: Installing/adding the plugin, creating a class, and monitoring the attendance are all pretty easy and useful using this extension. To utilize the export function, the Chrome must be used. The developers were responsive to the queries. Great work here!
- (2020-09-25) jeff jeff: I love Attendance for Google Meet™ it is so helpful and great! It works flawlessly and has no errors!
- (2020-09-25) jeff jeff: This is amazing and I use it everyday!
- (2020-09-25) christian walker: This works so well! Very well done
- (2020-09-25) acsdada adadad: Super useful for my class
- (2020-09-25) Alex Chen: Super useful and easy to use.
- (2020-09-25) Eric Posner: What a great tool. Others I was using in the Spring were OK, and then starting out this year some new ones were ok but there always seemed to be some errors (students I know were in class, but not listed). This app allows me to see attendance in real-time and is 100% accurate. They say the spreadsheets are "stunning" and this is true. The color coding is really helpful! Thank you!
- (2020-09-25) Sarah Li: What a amazing tool that allows me to export the attendance to an excel spreadsheet! Thanks so much!
- (2020-09-25) James Ko: Simple and easy to use. Love the export to a spreadsheet function.
- (2020-09-25) Ashley Fackler: Overall, works great. However, when exporting on different days it does not create a new spreadsheet, only overwrites the previous entries. Is there a way that I can request it to create a new sheet when I export?
- (2020-09-23) Paresh Salve: kindly allow to get email addresses of the attendees.
- (2020-09-10) Monika Truty: It's such an amazing tool, attendance done in 5 seconds. However, it wasn't working today for some reason! Not sure if this is a personal glitch or overall.
- (2020-09-09) Lucas Yang: 11/10 recommend
- (2020-09-05) Em X: professional and easy to use. very convenient for teachers who need to do attendance fast! great meet attendance extension for all purposes.
- (2020-09-05) Juan Martin del Potro: This is the best Google Meet attendance extension I've found! I am very glad that it lets me paste in the names of my students and edit them whenever I need to. The spreadsheet export is fast and very helpful when I need to review my attendance after a class. Thank you "Tyler Lin and Adit Bala"!
- (2021-04-09, v:1.3.3) Catherine Bloedorn: Color issue
The extension is taking attendance, but all students are marked as Red, instead of Present being Green, and Left being Yellow. Help!
- (2021-04-06, v:1.3.2) Cyrus Alain Durango: For Students that are assigned doing Attendance
Can you add a feature where you can add yourself to the attendance, Students like me who are responsible for it and has added my name in the class list, but in the exported sheet it shows that I'm always absent.
- (2021-03-24, v:1.3.0) Fernando Meinero: When is the time to export?
I found it a great tool. I have one question: when is the correct time to export the sheet? At the beggining of the class or at the end?
- (2021-02-22, v:1.2.14) عايد الفتلي: مشكلة في التصدير
لا يمكنني تصدير الحضور. في كل مرة أقوم بالنقر فوق "تصدير" ، ستظهر رسالة منبثقة "لم يسمح المستخدم بالوصول" علما اني اسخدم الاصدار الاخير من كوكل كروم
- (2021-02-17, v:1.2.14) Patrick Cooper: Class List Keeping Previous Class Information
I have a problem. I'll use this tool to collect attendance information for the first class in a day. Then I will switch the class to the next class, in the same meet, and it keeps the pupils from the first class in the roster (with the press + to add them to this roster). Am I missing something? Is there a way to make the extension not remember the students from the previous class when I switch to a different class?
- (2021-02-10, v:1.2.12) Kimberly S: class list
Lately when I've clicked on a class it doesn't actually start attendance. When I click into the attendance option once class has started it shows me a list of my classes rather than a list of my students. When I then click on the correct class to start attendance, nothing happens.
- (2021-02-04, v:1.2.12) Suadad Najim: adding students
adding students name by copy and paste them into class list in this extension doesn't work.
- (2021-01-29, v:1.2.12) GBT ICT9: Export Attendance
After click Export . Error message: An error occurred while accessing spreadsheets. May i know what would be the issue?
- (2021-01-21, v:1.2.11) Michael Polisena: Missing Students
Hi! I have had students that were in class the whole time but they didn't not show marked as present using this tool. What is going on?
- (2021-01-19, v:1.2.11) 迷死特勤Joon Chin: Setting Issue?
Hi, I cannot export the attendance. every time i click 'export', it will pop up a message 'the user didnt allow access'. anything i can do to solve this? btw, i am using microsoft edge as my primary browser, is this a cause to the problem? thx
- (2020-12-18, v:1.2.9) Sanket Motagi: Reporting issue
Its showing an error while exporting which says: An error occurred while accessing the spreadsheet. Please try again later.
- (2020-12-10, v:1.2.9) Adriel Espinoza: The list doesn't update for some reason(s)
I use this extension a lot. But I have some problems when there are 30-40 (especially 36-37) participants in the meeting. The extension is slow, it doesn't detect if a participant joined or left the class. I reinstalled it, but the extension doesn't work until about 30 participants are in the meeting. Please, I have about 40 participants in the class and I need to take attendance. I hope you will fix that problem, thanks.
- (2020-12-08, v:1.2.9) anuradha sharma: spreadsheet not being generated
after attendance when i download it says error
- (2020-12-07, v:1.2.9) Chris Reed: I want to use this so bad, but...
Hi, Thank you for making this look so amazing. However, Do I need a separate google link for each class for it to work properly? I tried it today and everyone who logged in for the whole day was added to each class. Am I doing something wrong? Reed
- (2020-12-01, v:1.2.9) C Starko: Reset Meet Data
I really like the easy & layout of the extension. Many teachers use the same Meet link everyday with their classes but the extension will still mark them as present - since they entered that particular Meet the previous day. Would it be possible to include a "reset" data button somewhere on the interface?
- (2020-12-01, v:1.2.9) En Hady: Automatic Attendance
Hi, great extension. But is there any way this extension will write the name automatically when the students join in instead of we having to manually type each of the student's name? It is much more convenient that way. Much appreciate
- (2020-11-27, v:1.2.9) Adriel Espinoza: Some problems with the list
I use this extension a lot. But today, I have some problems. The extension doesn't work when aprox 40 people are in the meeting (when new people join, they aren't included in the list). I reinstalled this extension, but I can't view any class list (I can edit and erase). I click, but nothing. And finally, when I can see it there are no people on the list. Please, this is a good extension. Fix that problem please!!!
- (2020-11-19, v:1.2.5) Rudra Ponkshe: Extension isn't exporting automatically or even manually
Hey Devs, You have done an incredible job with this extension. It is clean, simple and easy to understand. I've had problems with exporting for a day or 2. The spreadsheet auto-created by the extension is blank. The sheet name which is usually the name of the class just says Sheet 1. Even after enabling auto-export on leave, the sheet doesn't get updated. Clicking export ( manually ) takes the progress bar to around 30-40% and then gets stuck there ( with no changes in the spreadsheet ). Please look into this and lemme know what to do next. ( I've tried removing and re-adding the extension as well )
- (2020-11-18, v:1.2.5) Kevin Stephan: Export Freeze
The export option will freeze halfway and won't resume at any point. I want to use this extension since it is so clean and simple, but I also need to know I can rely on it:) Thanks
- (2020-11-18, v:1.2.5) Vladimír Šereš: Export problem
The list already works, the export freezes, and nothing is exported. Please fix. You are the best.
- (2020-11-16, v:1.2.3) Jessica Rosenbaum: Not working!
Your amazing extension stopped working abruptly two days ago. This has been far and away the best attendance extension- are there any plans to fix???
- (2020-11-16, v:1.2.3) Jacob Cecil: Student list not showing up – and spreadsheet not being generated.
Student list not showing up – and spreadsheet not being generated. I have deleted and reinstalled. I am running Chrome Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (x86_64) on a Macbook Pro running 11.0.1 (although this was an issue on OS 10). Thanks so much.
- (2020-11-12, v:1.2.3) Vladimír Šereš: It hasn't worked since yesterday (11.11.)
Good day, so far everything has worked without problems. Now neither shows students nor can you export. Is there a problem somewhere? Thank you very much.
- (2020-10-14, v:1.2.3) Diana Escutia: Time Out not tracking correctly
Time out is not tracking properly, I had a few students that got disconnected and came back and it didn't mark their new time out, it was like they never came back.
- (2020-10-02, v:1.2.2) Sandy E: taking attendance
Hello, I watched your video but am still having trouble getting the attendance to work efficiently. #1 When should I click the take attendance icon?(beginning or end of class) #2 I added my class using the plus sign, then for the students who were not there I hand typed their name. The next class the students whose names I hand typed still came up as absent when they were present. How do I correct this? #3 If you do not export will you be able to access past class attendance? Thank you!
- (2020-09-28, v:1.2.2) Greg Craven: Change folder to which the spreadsheet is exported?
Sorry if I missed this somewhere (the only instructions I could find is the one YouTube video). Is there a way to set the default folder in Google Drive that the extension exports the spreadsheet to? The current default seems to be just the top level of my Google Drive, and it would be of great help to my organization if I could set the extension to export the spreadsheet to a given subfolder. Thanks!
- (2020-09-19, v:1.1.4) Gloeduard Milanes: Export on Sheets
There are students with more than one word first name. The extension recognizes the 2nd word of the first name as a start of family name. E.g. First name: Jane Irish Last name: Westinghouse "Jane Irish Westinghouse" becomes "Irish Westinghouse, Jane"
- (2020-09-19, v:1.1.4) Gloeduard Milanes: Export on Sheets
Please switch the position of cells "Last Name" and "First Name."
- (2020-09-19, v:1.1.4) Gloeduard Milanes: Browser Compatibility
I used this on both Edge (Version 85.0.564.51 (Official build) (64-bit)) and Chrome (Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)). The extension is working on both browsers EXCEPT "Export." For Edge, an error message pops up when clicking "Export." For Chrome, a window opens asking me to log in to Attendance for Google Meet, to allow it to do something. I think it's for the Sheet integration. Successful usage with Chrome. The missing link for Edge error: It does not open a window for the said log in.
- (2020-09-17, v:1.1.3) Matt Tanner: Chat tab disappearing
When I am running this extension, which is fantastic by the way, the chat tab keeps defaulting back to the people tab. I am a teacher and interact with students through the chat so it can be frustrating to need to keep changing the tab back to chat.
- (2020-09-17, v:1.1.3) Amy Holly: Suffix issue
Just FYI - I tried this out today. Best app I've seen for this. Issue that came up: Because it grabs the last word for the last name, when students have a suffix (jr, III, IV, etc...) it marked them absent when they were present. Example: Sam Johnson Jr. - it has "Jr." as the last name and the student was marked absent even though they were present. Just for further info - for students who have multiple last names and it grabbed the last part of their last name, it still worked and marked them present. Example: Sam Johnson Smith - it has "Smith" as the last name, even though "Johnson Smith" is the last name. No issue here, it still marked attendance correctly. I hope this helps and you can fix it! Let me know if you have any other questions as to what I mean! SUPER PROUD of you HCPSS kiddos making this! Amy Holly Pronouns: she/her [email protected] Hammond High School Mathematics Teacher
- (2020-09-16, v:1.1.3) Alan Cortés Gutiérrez: Export on Leave
Hi, I'm trying out your chrome extension and I love it, but I saw thar there ir an "export on leave" option, but I try to turn it on but doesn't work, what can I do to turn it on?
- (2020-09-15, v:1.1.3) Soumya Mohan: Can't find the add class button on my extension
Can't find the add class button on my extension, please help.
- (2020-09-12, v:1.1.1) Jaydan Laboro: Can't Export the File
I can't export the file during the session nor after leaving. Thank you.