Scribble anything without leaving your browser, ever!
🚀 Whatnote is a dead-simple browser extension which helps you to scribble anything. Your to-do list, reading list you want to go through this weekend, your grocery list, code snippets and whatnot(e). 👉 Why another note-taking app? Let's face it, we really don't need a full-fledged note-taking app to jot down our random and un-organised thoughts. This needs a simple, fast and easy to access platform where you can have your cluttered, random and fragmented jotting really quick. And a browser-tab is the fastest, easiest and most accessible platorm to use. Features: - Zero learning curve note-taking - Support of Bold, Italics, Strike, Bullet Points, Link and Code Block - Tag your note - Pin your note to access them faster
- (2021-12-06) Eddy Bilimoria: Bummer! There's no setting option for the extension. It is greyed out on my latest ver of Chrome. The new tab opens the notepad, which I definitely don't want. Otherwise this would have been a great extension, sorry guys!
- (2021-06-04) Sunayana Patro: I have been using this for a while now. Whatnote is so handy because of the ease with which I can jot down things. It is neat. Most of the times my browser is already open and it is nice to see the things that I want to remember or I have to keep going back to. This feature works particularly well for me. Very rarely do I find something nice and necessary and this is one of them. Lovely!
- (2021-04-04) Swadesh Priyadarshi: Whatnote has become an essential add-on for my browsers. As a user, I tend to open up a lot of tabs while researching on various topics. With Whatnote, I do not need to open up a note-taking app and wait a few seconds for it to load. I use a laptop with low end specs and opening up multiple applications slows down my system. Whatnote helps me quickly jot down notes while researching topics on internet without having to open a note taking app.
- (2021-03-29) Adam Pietrasiak: Great! I really love it! Would be even better if it had 'todo' list inside notes and shortcuts support (or showing shortcuts on hover to make it easier to discover them)
- (2021-03-06) Andi Mahardika: Reallyyy like your app. Easily change my new tab page into a very useful note
- (2020-10-19) Sushil Cn: Love at first sight. :D Really cool app. This is what I was looking for.
- (2020-09-23) apurva kumar Srivastav: Its a nice app very useful for taking quick notes.Can we add a setting to turn off opening whatnote on every new tab as I use more google apps it become difficult to access other apps when I open a new tab.Idea is to give user more control on how then want to use this app.
- (2020-09-09) Amir Mohd.: Simply loving it at first go. Just wondering how will it be possible for you to continue investing time in maintaining this? Is there a revenue model around this?
- (2020-09-09) Shubham Rath: Add delete button on nav bar itself.
- (2020-09-09) Raghunandan Gupta: This is better than Todoist. very nice tool.
- (2021-06-17, v:1.0.1) Rishab Sehra: Disable markdown
Can we turn off the markdown so that text doesn't get italicized everytime and is pasted as it is?
- (2021-03-29, v:1.0.1) Adam Pietrasiak: TODO list
Would be really cool to be able to add 'todo' list inside the note
- (2020-09-13, v:1.0.1) Dale Hathaway: Chromebook
In Chromeos: It doesn't work properly. No separate notes. No recovery from a "New Note" click.