Unofficial Dreamwidth Tools
Tools that make using Dreamwidth for roleplaying purposes much easier! Version 5.0.0 Customize text buttons Experimental blacklist Features: Comment page autoscroll Load all comment pages at once Action Tag text insert button "Text Message" text insert button Imgur album icon insert and Icon Selector Icon Selector on unpaid accounts Batch Icon uploading
- (2017-10-29) R Rowlands: A great app, makes bracket action tags easy and html error free. I have a friend who uses the imgur icon function and since we both have the tools app her imgur icon perfectly replaces the DW icon. She functionally has unlimited icons on a free account with no visual difference between hers and a paid account at all. (But...only if the person viewing her tags also has the tools app. So it's good for characters used in PSLs, not so great for games.)
- (2015-11-30) Kerry Wilkinson: I'm not sure what happened recently with Chrome or Dreamwidth but as of today it's stopped working. I have no buttons on the reply boxes and the next page of comments doesn't load.
- (2015-08-08) Jesse Warren: It was great, but the buttons stopped showing up with the last Windows update.
- (2015-04-27) Samantha Lim: This is a great extension for RPers! However, there is a bug where it won't work if you load Dreamwidth using https://, the buttons simply won't show up at all in the reply form.
- (2015-03-18) Mags Newson: I love this extension so much - I was having some issues with it the past couple of days, but that's fixed itself one way or another. Great tool for RPers on dreamwidth!
- (2015-01-09) Charles Matthew Smit: My favorite Chrome extension!
- (2014-06-10) Jay Emme: I found this immensely helpful! The only issue is that the imguricon function makes the formatting of the comment look a bit messy. It would be easier with this code: <table><tr><td style="vertical-align:top"><table height="100" width="100" background="USERPIC"><tr><td></tr></tr></table></td><td style="vertical-align:bottom">TEXT </td></tr></table> Which aligns the icons and text to make it look cleaner and doesn't bunch up the options (thread/reply/etc) after the icon is inserted into the comment.
- (2014-06-01) Melly B: It's alright! I enjoy the fact you can change the action tag meaning it's multi-purpose for all your accounts and, more or less, it's easy to understand. my only issue is the imgur icon option since it isn't exactly clear what one does with this. Still this is a useful app for anyone who uses Google Chrome for DWRP and is a must have for anyone who has multiple accounts/multiple tags waiting for them.
- (2014-05-25) Jay Tea: I downloaded this as soon as I found out about it, and I have to say I'm in love with it so far. Having a button to generate the code I need for text and action tags is going to be a life saver and spare me from having to edit if I mess up my html. I haven't used the imgur icon option yet, but I have a feeling I'll be using that somewhere down the line.
- (2014-05-25) Amanda Melanson: 3 out of 5 because while it's great I don't have to keyword my icons and have a browse button to find them, this does not give you reactivated icons when your paid expires. Which, okay in reality that's fine because cheating the system and what not but still what's the point of it in that case beyond 'hey i don't have to keyword my icons!'
- (2019-06-23, v:5.0.3) Cass H: Recent DW code push
Hey hey hey, I just wanted to bring https://dw-maintenance.dreamwidth.org/78131.html?thread=2941491#cmt2941491 to your attention. They did a code push earlier this evening. Not sure if there's anything you can work with regarding this?
- (2019-05-06, v:5.0.3) Linka B: Imgur Button Disabled
After a recent code push by Dreamwidth, the ability to use imgur icons directly has been disabled. Do you know of any way to fix this, or if it's able to be fixed?
- (2019-05-02, v:5.0.3) N S: Imgur Icon Button
After recent code push, the Imgur Icon button has vanished.
- (2019-05-01, v:5.0.3) R Rowlands: Imgur Icon Button
Today's (4/30/2019) DW code push seems to have broken the imgur icon button and icon selection. (Imgur icon is still being properly placed on top of the DW icon, and the imgur icon code still works when manually written into the comment box, but the icon selection button is gone...) This extension is fantastic and so helpful for RP! I hope the imgur button issue can be fixed!
- (2018-07-26, v:4.6.0) Amarillo del Bosque Verde: How does the IMGUR ICON thing work?
it won't work for me and I don't know why
- (2018-02-09, v:4.6.0) Rosalyn Dennis: Batch Icons Doesn't work
Tried using the batch icon uploader, it only does the last one pasted, when pasting it gets rid of the other urls.
- (2017-11-15, v:4.6.0) Sarah Cruz: Batch icons
The batch icon uploader was working a few days ago, but it seems to have disappeared again?
- (2017-06-18, v:4.6.0) Spencer Daisy: Action and text buttons removing line breaks
Hi there. I'm not sure why, but sometime this week, using the action and text buttons seem to be deleting a line break before inserting the text. Is there a fix? (also if the code for this is hosted on github somewhere, I'm happy to investigate myself and do a pull request!)
- (2017-05-07, v:4.0.2) Bethany Murgatroyd: batch uploader fix
Hi! Denise from DW emailed me and said that you have to update your extension to point to https://www.dreamwidth.org/manage/icons
- (2017-05-05, v:4.0.2) Bethany Murgatroyd: batch uploader gone
Hi~ The most recent code push on DW disabled the batch uploader option. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!