An extension that removes the hint sentence from a Duolingo.
This extension increases the difficulty of the popular language learning app Duolingo (https://www.duolingo.com/learn). In Duolingo users perform various exercises to learn a new language. One of those exercises asks users to translate a sentence from the target language to their own language. It gives the users an audio prompt and a written prompt. This extension removes the written prompt, which forces users to develop their listening comprehension. I wrote this extension because this is a feature that helped me learn languages faster. I believe that other Duo users will also find this extension useful. Technically speaking, the extension itself is pretty simple. It only runs when the user is on the /skill route and it looks for DOM changes that would indicate that a new exercise has loaded and, if that exercise provides a hint sentence, hides the hint.
- (2022-09-20) Skeletial ([ BIG SHOT ]): Very good extension, helps you try to remember vocab instead of cheating, however I wish it didn't also block out words I haven't learned yet.
- (2022-05-10) Ezequiel Piriz: it haves potential and is very useful, but needs be updated, please uptade
- (2021-12-27) Công Hoang Diêm: Can't do anything useful and Can't do any good
- (2021-08-05) wilson samuel: no me deja entrar
- (2021-07-18) Magda Richter: Works perfectly! Thank you very much!
- (2021-06-13) Sigmund Thomas (CKT): It is very good to use it.... I wonder why everyone don't know more about it....Thanks a lot
- (2021-01-23) Lexi Bernstein: Super! Makes me really try to remember vocab I usually just cheat on.
- (2020-10-07) Michał Herman: Works as designed, but not on every course. Very helpful for learners aiming at listening more than at reading. This should be just one of the options on Duolingo.