An alternative to the default new tab in Brave Browser.
Feel free to donate here to keep this project up and running: https://paypal.me/bravenewtab This extension provides an alternative to the default new tab for the Brave Browser. Brave is a Chromium based browser, so you can install extensions from the Chrome Web Store, just like this one. One downside of Brave is that it doesn't offer any built-in customization features for the new tab, like Chrome does. With this extension, you can easily change the background, add shortcuts, and do much more with your new tab, while still incorporating Brave-oriented features. Please note that is extension is based off of an extension called Infinite Dashboard: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/infinite-dashboard-new-ta/meffljleomgifbbcffejnmhjagncfpbd This extension and its developers are not affiliated with Infinite Dashboard in any way.
- (2021-04-16) Sascha Kleiber: Bookmark Preview can't be set... Otherwise a nice addon. If you fix this problem, I'll upgrade the review.
- (2021-04-14) J L.: Works! Can you allow us to upload our own videos for the background as well? Or use the same background as the theme we're using?
- (2021-04-14) Z9 cubing: I will give it a 3 star review becuse: you cannot change that background. But anything else i ok
- (2021-03-15) Daniel Rasmussen: Great extension. However i would like the option to generate a folder of background images that brave would switch between every time you open a new tab, similar to that of the original. also the statistics and brave today would be nice as mentioned previously. also, minor issue i have ran into a couple times is that clicking the hotlinks doesn't work sometimes, however it is fixed by refreshing the tab.
- (2021-03-14) Kevin Palza: Is it possible to add the autocomplete function? Also, it would be nice to add the preview icons! I tried to add Facebook in the page but does not has the link connected (same as whatsapp and instagram), so I add as a bookmark but can not upload the icon preview :( I really like this extension!
- (2021-02-24) Christopher Tejada: Has all the features I was looking for. Great extension. Looks nice and clean. However I would like to have seen two options kept from the default Brave Tab. I picked this extension originally based on their description. The following quote is misleading "while still incorporating Brave-oriented features." 1. The statistics that show how many ad were blocked, bandwidth used, and time saved. 2. The Brave Today ability. I liked scrolling thru relevant news on the new tab.
- (2021-02-01) Smoke: Please add a feature to add custom site card on home page too!
- (2020-11-16) Keith Woodward: great extension - has many cool features and was exactly what i was lookin for
- (2020-11-14) Keith Woodward: great extension - offers many features and is exactly what I was looking for
- (2020-11-14) Bambi Hall: Its simple. . . And allows for more abilities such as having a hotlink to sites like normal chrome does. . . however you can easily change from chrome to duckduckgo or any other search engine, overall it is nice and keeps you from seeing irritating adds. Also it doesn't save your usage, meaning that if you do other things that you want under the radar it wont save unless you go and purposefully choose to save your previous session and all that does is remember the tabs open at the moment you save.
- (2020-11-02) Keith Woodward: great extension - offers many features and is exactly what I was looking for
- (2021-04-16, v:2) Systemic Studio: Bookmark preview not working
Same: "Setting a preview for a bookmark doesn't work at all. Neither "Refresh preview" or uploading an image change anything. Please fix." ALSO please add drag and drop to rearrange- otherwise great stuff
- (2021-04-16, v:2) Sascha Kleiber: Bookmark Preview not working
Setting a preview for a bookmark doesn't work at all. Neither "Refresh preview" or uploading an image change anything. Please fix.
- (2020-12-28, v:1) Jonathan Zee: how do i add previews to my custom bookmarks
.jpgs dont seem to work, and ..pngs. What format do i need? Does there need to be a certain size?