Share your cookies on any site with a friend. Copy your logged-in session to another computer without using your login credentials!
Have you ever let a friend log into your account? Shared a Netflix login for movies, let a buddy watch the Olympics on your cable subscription, or wanted to show someone your student project at your university? Sure, you can do that, but what's the downside? You always give them your password. Once you've logged in, most websites don't keep track of you by your username and password, but by an unrelated "session ID", stored in a cookie, that says "hey, I logged in at some point in the past, and I'm still remaining logged in." If a hacker were to get that session ID, they wouldn't have your password, but they would be logged in as you. What if we take that idea and apply it to your friends? Give your friend your session ID instead of your password and you can share your account with more peace of mind. To use: 1. Make sure you and your friend both have this extension installed. 2. Right-click on any website you're logged in to and click "Copy Session to Clipboard". 3. Paste your clipboard contents to your friend, whether this is over chat, by email, or whatever method you prefer. 4. Your friend can copy that same text to their browser URL bar, then click "Load cookies and website" in the URL dropdown. 5. Success!
- (2019-12-26) Apro Siuli: ez and simple
- (2018-07-30) Ettore Mazza: It worked good until Chrome 68, now when used in incognito mode it mess up cookies of normal session
- (2018-02-06) Ben Hernandez: Amazing!
- (2017-03-25) Hangbiao Zou: this extension works well with chrome and chromium, but unfortunately fails on Yandex Browser when loading cookies. It always says "Your file was not found". I expect this problem to be fixed in later versions.
- (2014-12-20) Worked like a charm. exactly what I was looking for. Simply awesome..
- (2020-01-20, v:0.1.1) Naman Kheterpal: Not Working on any site
I followed all steps mentioned. I am getting redirected to home page of every website. I tried it on Gmail, Netflix, github. Can you please also check and tell where it is working on latest chrome,
- (2019-10-21, v:0.1.1) Ahmed Faris: edit
hi can i use key for other pc and change name
- (2019-02-01, v:0.1.1) Nicolas Echeverry: How can i do this in Chrome Mobile?
It works perfectly on desktop version, but in mobile chrome doesn't "activate the command" only search it on google.
- (2018-12-09, v:0.1.1) Prithvi Raj Malav: SITE DISABLED RIGHT CLICK HOW TO SHARE SESSION
Certain sites do not allow right clicks, how do i copy session variable ...
- (2018-08-30, v:0.1.1) Gene Sy: Doesn't work on netflix
title. Also it does search on google, you have to navigate it down to work.
- (2017-07-17, v:0.1.1) Matt Tagg: Searches google lol
When I paste, it searches the whole session in Google, instead of executing.
- (2015-10-13, v:0.1.1) Danilo Assis: error
When I paste the copied session data to the url address line, chrome reports url too large.
- (2013-08-05, v:0.1.1) Ji Zhang: URL too large error
It is not useful. When I paste the copied session data to the url address line, chrome reports url too large.