This tiny extension makes all HTML5 video elements show controls by default.
HTML5 video tags have their "Show Controls" attribute set to false by default. This extension looks for video tags on most webpages and sets the "Show Controls" attribute to true. Does not take action on the following sites to prevent conflicts with proprietary video controls: youtube.com netflix.com vimeo.com dailymotion.com hulu.com twitch.tv liveleak.com vine.co
- (2019-11-27) Sergi Perez: thanks mate
- (2019-03-06) vovx21: Not very efficient code, just sets countless interval 1 sec to update all video tags on page.
- (2019-01-06) Enter Dastardly: As of Jan 6 2019, It works on 9gag.
- (2018-09-22) Hi. Can you add an option like "Disable for this webpage" or something like that? Regards.
- (2018-09-03) Billy Junk: Working perfectly ;)
- (2018-02-27) Muhammet Arslan: 9gag için gayet güzel çalışıyor
- (2018-02-22) R Schreinert: Does not work on EpicFail.com.
- (2018-01-25) JD: works as intended
- (2018-01-19) Stephen Knight: Doesn't work on Webinarjam
- (2017-12-19) Сергей Викторыч: Более-менее работает
- (2017-07-11) Alex Thiessen: works as advertised
- (2017-06-11) Albin Harnisch: does not work
- (2017-05-19) Marek XxXx: Doesn't work on sites where I want it to work.
- (2017-04-05) Someone: Works just as advertised (for me, at least)!
- (2017-01-05) TJ Horse: It simply does not work.
- (2016-12-20) PaintPauller: can you add support for http://video.foxnews.com its missing the tracking options that use to be there when it was flash. and i can see it for a brief second when its loading.
- (2016-10-06) Tomáš Kotala: nefunguje
- (2016-08-18) Uday: It works I guess
- (2018-08-14, v:1.14) Hansen W: This extension stopped working
I noticed that it stopped working. When videos play, the UI does not hide and the scrobbler stays on screen and the Play button is waiting even though the video automatically starts playing behind it. All it does now is obstruct a video.
- (2018-08-05, v:1.14) stramner: Hiding controlls
Would it be possible to add setting that would allow me to hide the controls? Currently, they reappear. I'd like to have them on by default, but when I want to disable them, I want to stay them disabled.
- (2018-02-22, v:1.14) R Schreinert: Please review EpicFail.com
This does not appear to work on EpicFail.com. Please look into it!
- (2018-01-11, v:1.14) Gary Orman: Doesn't work for my website
Hi, I display a video in HTML5 on my website when a visitor clicks on a separate playbutton. For some reason, the controls don't display automatically (even though I've set the controls attribute: <video width="316" height="302" controls>) I installed your extension as a workaround to give to visitors who want the controls to show up all the time. But it doesn't work. You still have to right-click on the video and select Show Controls. Any ideas?
- (2016-05-25, v:1.11) Victor Passchier: Can't download it