A serendipity engine on the Twitter sidebar.
ThreadHelper is a browser extension that finds you the tweets you need. It shows as a sidebar on the right hand side of your Twitter timeline and instantly and automatically searches bookmarks, retweets, and your past tweets for tweets that are semantically relevant to the tweet you're composing. It can be used as a specific search that's faster than Twitter's or as a fuzzy search tool.
- (2020-12-21) Cameron Blandford: Maybe the coolest feature I've seen in chrome extension to date.
- (2020-12-12) 4lucc: Fast, fluid search of all my relevant tweets makes it easy to connect my current thinking to my past ideas. If you want to use twitter for threading, then this is invaluable.
- (2020-12-10) Rishad Haque: been using it for a while now, perfect for how I use Twitter
- (2020-12-08) Palash Karia: Very useful for random slices of serendipity while tweeting!
- (2020-11-26) Tyler Alterman: Has changed the way I use Twitter
- (2020-11-18) Satya Narayan: So many things good about ThreadHelper. Brings a constant pleasure seeing some of my previous thoughts, while framing new thoughts. Increases serendipitous thoughts and discovery. Makes my twitter bookmarks much more useful. And helps create more threads, more ideas.. Highly recommended the product.
- (2020-10-28) Benjamin Mosior: This is fantastic. Not only does it offer cool prompts with tweets I've written (which, let's face it, I was constantly searching for before), but it also hides the terrible twitter trends from sight — an unexpected but welcome benefit.
- (2020-10-22) Tomás Queirós: Cool!! Finally someone thought about this, tired of scroll down my tweets! Nice work
- (2020-10-20) Matt Brockwell: The lightning-quick resurfacing of any related tweet you have EVER written on any topic, based on the text you type into the new thread composer window, is stunning. Bottom line is if you take the time to figure out to use this, it can revolutionize your use of Twitter and turn it from a place where you scribble short notes that surface, get liked, and then forgotten into a superpowered Zettelkasten longform writing and note-taking engine where you can compose epics of poetry and prose if you are so inclined. Seriously this has the power to make Twitter into a whole new app. Check out Visakan Veerasamy on Twitter if you are new to the "power of threads". (for those using Roam, here's the metaphor: @RoamResearch block-autocomplete, but for Twitter.)
- (2020-10-13) Brian Toh: Now I can shitpost with ease!
- (2020-07-19) Gary Basin: Much threads. Great helper.
- (2020-12-20, v:0.2.2.0) Damiel T.: Amazing extension but doesn't work with other languages.
The search doesn't work when I type in russian, only works when typing in english. Amazing app otherwise, but can't use it most of the time since I tweet mostly in russian. Can you solve this problem and add multilingual search or at least option to choose between languages? P.S.: I _REALLY_ love the extension, it's amazingly useful, thank you.
- (2020-10-29, v:0.2.1.5) MrSuninlove: ThreadHelper
I set up Threadhelper but it can not connect to twitter! Can you advice me how to use your app/extension Regards